Mass Effect 4 - Andromeda [PC, PS4, XBone]

Shoot the shit.
Jez

Re: Mass Effect 4 - Andromeda [PC, PS4, XBone]

Postby Jez » Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:27 pm

Aside from "my face is tired" Addison woman the rest are perfectly acceptable with the aliens coming out best.

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Sat Apr 01, 2017 10:33 pm

Jez wrote:Aside from "my face is tired" Addison woman the rest are perfectly acceptable with the aliens coming out best.

Yeah. Addison is jarring. Just badly animated, badly voiced, weird to look at (what is with that makeup?)... just had a conversation with her and it was no less painful. Luckily she's not at all representative of others you speak to in the game... it's just a real shame that she's one of the first people you meet and someone you deal with throughout. A very odd misstep.
My face is tired.

Jez

Postby Jez » Sat Apr 01, 2017 11:30 pm

See things like this could have been avoided with a few more months of polish. I think that EA\Bioware underestimated (rationally so) the reaction by early players and gaming media and its probably hurt them in sales.

Jez

Postby Jez » Sun Apr 02, 2017 9:13 pm

Gets better all the time this. Kadara I'm at now nearly 45 hours played. Money well spent so far.

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Sun Apr 02, 2017 9:18 pm

Yep. No regrets here. Has certainly got better the further in I've got. Actually started to care about these new squadmates. Jaal in particular is worth investing the time in getting to know.
My face is tired.

Jez

Postby Jez » Sun Apr 02, 2017 9:28 pm

Some are better together than others. Peebee is funny with Jaal for instance. Vetra is boring I feel in general. I haven't touched Liam since I got the option to swap him out early on. That idiocy with him shooting that dead body just isn't clearing from my mind.

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:07 pm

Vetra is a bit bland, but having followed her arc and done her loyalty mission I can kind of see why she's that way. Liam I've probably warmed to the least, but there was one scene that made him seem to have more depth than first assumed... and his loyalty mission is actually the best of them, I would say. Some genuinely funny moments, including a reference for the Star Wars nerds. :)
My face is tired.

Jez

Postby Jez » Sun Apr 02, 2017 10:33 pm

I don't think I've seen a loyalty mission for him yet. I suppose I best go talk to the twit.

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:27 am

I think you need to have placed all outposts to activate it. It starts off in your journal as 'evaluate planets for outpost'. Check the allies and relationships tab of your journal. They'll all be there, but most of them have stuff you need to do before you actually get to the combat mission part.
My face is tired.

Jez

Postby Jez » Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:49 am

Gotcha cheers mate. It is there as "on hold".

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:57 am

Fyi, something else I discovered yesterday after like 80 hours in the game... while you're on a planet's surface in your rover, you can hold down T to extract straight to the Tempest. No more fast-travelling to the nearest forward station, then driving back to the ship, getting out, climbing up the ramp etc :o

Of course it's possible that everyone but me knew about this :lol:
My face is tired.

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:03 am

Something quite amusing last night. Not a bug, more an issue of scripting and a demonstration that it's not as reactive to a player's actions as the Witcher 3 was.

Anyway, was completing a main story mission that saw you boarding a hostile ship. At one point I was ambushed by a strong enemy force. This was not a problem. At this point, my level 53 vanguard is just obliterating most non-elite enemies in seconds flat. So, these guys charge in and I do what I do, and there's bodies flying every which way.

Several new waves appear, one after the other, and are quickly dispatched. It's just brutal stuff, really. I'm basically head-butting people to death with explosions. After perhaps a minute of this, one of my squaddies shouts that a group of allies we encountered earlier has entered the arena to help out. There's a bit of radio chatter about it, them talking about their tactics and urging me on. I can barely hear what they're saying over the sound of enemies exploding to death. I don't even know where these guys have appeared.

Then, approximately five seconds after I'm told they've appeared, their leader tells me they've got casualties and are getting the hell out of dodge. That was really how it went. "Hi, we're here to save your ass.................. bye then!" Gee, thanks, I think.

The fight ends shortly afterwards, and I've barely even been grazed. Then my character and squaddies start blathering on... seemingly without end... about how grateful they were for the appearance of the allies, how they saved our lives. They just won't shut up about it. My character is gasping for breath as if to demonstrate how narrowly we survived the ambush.

I just started laughing. It's pretty obvious it was meant to be a huge setpiece battle and that the guys who turned up were meant to be the ones to turn the tide in our favour, but in my game I'm not convinced they even had time to get a shot off before the scripting - no doubt down to how many enemies were remaining - told them their job was done and to scram. Obviously there was no allowance for the fact a player might not have the difficulty they were expecting.

It just struck me as amusing.
My face is tired.

Prey
Admin

Postby Prey » Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:39 am

80 hours already Sly? Wowzer. Planning on picking it up at the end of the month as no doubt I will get about 600 hours out of it. -_-
Her face is tired. Leave her be ffs.

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:57 am

Yeah... there's a lot to do here and not blitzing through it either.

It does include the 10 hours I put in on EA Access pre-release, and also probably a few hours it's just been idling in the background while I've gone off to cook dinner etc.
My face is tired.

Jez

Postby Jez » Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:32 pm

Sly Boots wrote:Something quite amusing last night. Not a bug, more an issue of scripting and a demonstration that it's not as reactive to a player's actions as the Witcher 3 was.

Anyway, was completing a main story mission that saw you boarding a hostile ship. At one point I was ambushed by a strong enemy force. This was not a problem. At this point, my level 53 vanguard is just obliterating most non-elite enemies in seconds flat. So, these guys charge in and I do what I do, and there's bodies flying every which way.

Several new waves appear, one after the other, and are quickly dispatched. It's just brutal stuff, really. I'm basically head-butting people to death with explosions. After perhaps a minute of this, one of my squaddies shouts that a group of allies we encountered earlier has entered the arena to help out. There's a bit of radio chatter about it, them talking about their tactics and urging me on. I can barely hear what they're saying over the sound of enemies exploding to death. I don't even know where these guys have appeared.

Then, approximately five seconds after I'm told they've appeared, their leader tells me they've got casualties and are getting the hell out of dodge. That was really how it went. "Hi, we're here to save your ass.................. bye then!" Gee, thanks, I think.

The fight ends shortly afterwards, and I've barely even been grazed. Then my character and squaddies start blathering on... seemingly without end... about how grateful they were for the appearance of the allies, how they saved our lives. They just won't shut up about it. My character is gasping for breath as if to demonstrate how narrowly we survived the ambush.

I just started laughing. It's pretty obvious it was meant to be a huge setpiece battle and that the guys who turned up were meant to be the ones to turn the tide in our favour, but in my game I'm not convinced they even had time to get a shot off before the scripting - no doubt down to how many enemies were remaining - told them their job was done and to scram. Obviously there was no allowance for the fact a player might not have the difficulty they were expecting.

It just struck me as amusing.

Cool story bro! :)

PreviousNext

Return to FPS & Action