Mass Effect 4 - Andromeda [PC, PS4, XBone]

Shoot the shit.
Sly Boots
MILF

Re: Mass Effect 4 - Andromeda [PC, PS4, XBone]

Postby Sly Boots » Wed Mar 29, 2017 6:29 pm

I'm level 34 now, and quite honestly I've still not really delved into the whole profile thing. It's taken me this long to max out my three favourite skills as a vanguard (singularity, charge and nova) plus some of the passive lines, for shotguns, health and shields etc. Also, found out that when you switch profiles all your new skills immediately go into cooldown, which is there I guess to stop you abusing it, but at the same time it means it's not as reactive in the heat of combat as I thought it would be.

Do you mean the AI Peebee creates? It opens up a new ability, which looks like it could be fun, but again I've not put any points into it. After I've maxed out these skills I'll probably start working on an infiltrator/sniper profile a bit, for fights where you want to keep a bit of distance. But to be honest I've not really felt a huge need for that as yet.

Yep, am enjoying it a lot as well. The companions really grow on you as well the more you speak to them and move through the story together. They're not as in-your-face as some Bioware NPCs and a bit more nuanced perhaps than some of their usual archetypes. Having spent a good amount of time with them now I don't think there's a weak one really, although I find Peebee vaguely annoying a lot of the time.
My face is tired.

Jez

Postby Jez » Wed Mar 29, 2017 8:26 pm

I think she's meant to be annoying. :) she's funnier if you put her with Jaal though.

I didn't know about that AI she makes ...doh. I meant the one you find in the ice caves on Veold after you beat the kettle main base there.

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:11 pm

Ahhh... sorry, I forgot:

Spoiler: show
I nuked that bitch :lol:
My face is tired.

Jez

Postby Jez » Wed Mar 29, 2017 10:22 pm

Ohhhh. Was there a scrap?

I'm quite looking forward to seeing how it goes for me with keeping it stored with Sam. Was definitely one of those 50:50 decisions that you know will have consequences. Been seeing a few more of those popping up in the last few hours too.

Its taken a few hours but I'm glad they got rid of the whole renegade/paragon thing. Initially I didn't like it but now I'm finding I'm truly playing like I want to play it. I'm going for the arrogant full on confident "Kirk" type of character. By not having that paragon thing getting in the way I'm finding it easier to make decisions that fit with the personality I want for Scott Ryder.

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Thu Mar 30, 2017 6:09 am

Jez wrote:Ohhhh. Was there a scrap?

No, not really. Just a cutscene.

It's interesting how you can play the character differently. My FemRyder tries to do things by the book most of the time, but something about the combination of her voice and her looks (using my own creation rather than the default) makes me edge her into being a bit of a dork some of the time. Essentially someone who's trying to live up to the galaxy's expectations of her while at the same time being a bit unsure of herself, having been thrown in over her head.
My face is tired.

Jez

Postby Jez » Thu Mar 30, 2017 8:46 am

Probably sensible way to play it. It's fun playing this with the arrogant mega confident cowboy attitude though. Sure it'll bite me eventually :)

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:59 am

Quick question are you guys using controllers and if so are you experiencing crashes from using them?
Check out my new gaming blog Player State. Updated every Wednesday.

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:13 am

M&K here. No crashes of any kind thus far (50-odd hours in).
My face is tired.

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:18 am

OK. When I mentioned crashed I was thinking specifically related to a controller, but good to know it seems stable, despite the other bugs.
Check out my new gaming blog Player State. Updated every Wednesday.

Jez

Postby Jez » Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:44 am

Same here. No crashes. Only seen one mission bug in 30 hours or so. Quick reloading sorted it.

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Sat Apr 01, 2017 5:48 pm

Have you fought an architect yet, Jez?

Just hit level 50, still enjoying it. Settled all the available worlds to 100%, but still seems a lot to do. I've barely pushed back against the kett yet, and somehow despite 100%ing all the revealed systems, I've still only explored 65% of the cluster, so I imagine there's still a lot to open up yet.

Vanguard ftw, by the way. I've leveled up some tech skills for an engie profile and decided to give it a go in combat. Nearly died within 7 seconds of switching. I'll stick to obliterating everyone with biotic charge combos, thanks. Hella fun, actually, playing this class.

And I love my Reegar carbine shotty. It was my favourite weapon as well in the ME3 multiplayer. It's like something Tesla would have created, short range but just electrocutes everything seven or eight feet in front of you. Combined with a charge skill on a 1-second cooldown that can cross an entire battlefield, I'm just wrecking whole squads of enemies in seconds flat.
My face is tired.

Jez

Postby Jez » Sat Apr 01, 2017 6:02 pm

Ha I had a go against some architects...fook that was hard! Didn't beat em. I will come back to the buggers. My main profile is an Engy one, I'm ambivalent about mostly but it's pretty good against armored things which I suspect might be a problem for your biotic??

I also have a biotic profile but I'm not in love with that. It's a standard pull throw singularity one. Maybe I'll respec that into a Vanguard profile like you say. Other than that I might throw some points into a combat profile.

Maybe it's just me but I feel very squishy in this. Doesn't take much at all to put me in the loading screen. Playing on hard core might bump it down one into normal.

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Sat Apr 01, 2017 7:47 pm

Yeah, I'm on normal. I've died maybe four times, once early on when a bunch of enemies I wasn't expecting teleported in, and three times I've been insta-killed by fiends. On vanguard I'm now feeling basically invulnerable... specced my powers so that charge restores my shields, as do melee attacks, and the cooldown (about a second) on my charge is just obscene.

Armour is probably my main achilles' heel, but I've got a gear mod that makes my jump attack (press f when you're in mid-air) do extra damage against armour, and the Reegar carbine chews through it at a decent lick as well.
My face is tired.

Jez

Postby Jez » Sat Apr 01, 2017 8:55 pm

Wow. 4 times. God I died a lot on hard core I bumped it down to normal tonight but didn't test the combat. I was doing talky missions instead.

On a different note. I can't understand why this got such scathing reviews. It's a great game. Not witcher 3 great but still great. Ridiculous. Feel like they are talking about a completely different game.

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Sat Apr 01, 2017 9:18 pm

Jez wrote:Wow. 4 times. God I died a lot on hard core I bumped it down to normal tonight but didn't test the combat. I was doing talky missions instead.

On a different note. I can't understand why this got such scathing reviews. It's a great game. Not witcher 3 great but still great. Ridiculous. Feel like they are talking about a completely different game.

I know. I think a lot of people got turned off by the janky animations early on and decided not to like it. I think it's a lot of fun.
My face is tired.

PreviousNext

Return to FPS & Action