Mass Effect 4 - Andromeda [PC, PS4, XBone]

Shoot the shit.
Sly Boots
MILF

Re: Mass Effect 4 - Andromeda [PC, PS4, XBone]

Postby Sly Boots » Mon Apr 03, 2017 8:56 pm

Tried another round of the multiplayer this time, and it went a lot better. Still only on bronze (my charas are still all lvl 1), but this time opted for the vanguard seeing as that's what I've been playing in single player. Not as powerful for obvious reasons, but still felt a lot more natural, gave a good account of myself and the team completed all the waves and extracted without anyone being downed. Went up a couple of levels as a result, and used the credits to open some crates and got a couple of decent weapons.

I would say that if you're comfortable with the SP combat it's worth checking out. If you're not au fait with it yet, as I wasn't the first time I tried it, it might not end well. But I'll be doing some more of this now, for sure.
My face is tired.

Jez

Postby Jez » Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:19 pm

See I have little desire to play the multiplayer in this. Does it have benefits to the SP side?

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:29 pm

No, totally separate from what I can tell.
My face is tired.

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Tue Apr 04, 2017 4:26 pm

In the new patch (1.05) for Mass Effect: Andromeda, our focus was on bug fixes and improvements to the player experience.

We’ve introduced a number of balance changes to single player and multiplayer, and resolved some issues with saves not working properly. We’ve also improved lip-sync and facial acting during some conversations, and have implemented a much-requested change that allows players to skip the autopilot sequences in the galaxy map.

Patch 1.05 will begin to roll out on Thursday, April 6th. We’ll continue to listen to your feedback, and we thank you for working with us to create an even better Mass Effect: Andromeda experience.

http://blog.bioware.com/2017/04/04/mass ... -05-notes/

Woo!

That part about making the galaxy map cutscenes skippable is HUGE. I'd literally started tabbing out during them and scanning the forum, it's such a chore. Unfortunately, I've now explored the entire galaxy map :lol:

However, that does make a future replay FAR more attractive.
My face is tired.

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:07 pm

And finished.

Quite an epic feel to the finale. Won't say anything to spoil it, but suffice to say I'm very satisfied with this, it's been a lot of fun and it sounds like my few misgivings are soon to be patched, so it's all good.

Enjoy the more optimistic feel to this one, particularly at the end. It's a nice contrast to the doom-laden Damoclean sword hanging over the first trilogy.
My face is tired.

Jez

Postby Jez » Tue Apr 04, 2017 10:41 pm

I'd say I'm into the final third now, settled planet kadara and just cleaning up on a few side quests there before maybe putting some more progress down the loyalty and nexus mission side. Then the push on with the main story.

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Wed Apr 05, 2017 9:11 am

Just started a New Game+ :lol:

I don't know if I'll persist all the way through again - although when the new patch lands to allow ship cutscenes to be skipped it will remove a significant barrier to me doing so - but I kind of wanted more having finished the SP campaign. I've played a few MP rounds as well, and will give that a go from time to time.

I will get level 80 weapons!

By the way, if anyone wonders about things like level cap etc, there isn't one as far as I can tell (unless it's 80), but by the end of the campaign, having done all missions I could find - barring the additional tasks that required combing of maps that I couldn't be bothered to do - by the very end I'd hit 59.
My face is tired.

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Thu Apr 06, 2017 10:17 pm

Patch has landed:

http://www.pcgamer.com/mass-effect-andr ... -of-today/

As well as the bug fixes and space travelling skippage, looks like they've spent a lot of time making the eyes look more natural. Even Addison no longer looks like she belongs in Team America.
My face is tired.

Prey
Admin

Postby Prey » Tue May 02, 2017 11:06 am

The action RPG from Electronic Arts and BioWare - Mass Effect: Andromeda - sold 1,031,628 units first week in the west at retail on consoles, according to our estimates. First week sales can be viewed on the VGChartz Global Weekly Chart for the week ending March 25.

Breaking down the sales by platform, the game sold best on the PlayStation 4 with 619,947 units sold (60%), compared to 347,802 units sold on the Xbox One (33%) and 63,879 units sold on Windows PC (7%).

http://www.vgchartz.com/article/268027/ ... at-retail/

Still not buying it until the price drops some more.

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Tue May 02, 2017 11:09 am

Prey wrote:
The action RPG from Electronic Arts and BioWare - Mass Effect: Andromeda - sold 1,031,628 units first week in the west at retail on consoles, according to our estimates. First week sales can be viewed on the VGChartz Global Weekly Chart for the week ending March 25.

Breaking down the sales by platform, the game sold best on the PlayStation 4 with 619,947 units sold (60%), compared to 347,802 units sold on the Xbox One (33%) and 63,879 units sold on Windows PC (7%).

http://www.vgchartz.com/article/268027/ ... at-retail/

Still not buying it until the price drops some more.

Would I be right in thinking that the PC figures are boxed retail copies only and don't include digital downloads?

It sounds pitiful otherwise.

Did you ever finish it, Jezzer?
My face is tired.

Jez

Postby Jez » Tue May 02, 2017 3:45 pm

I'm in the final quarter. Have had very little time to play SP games lately maybe only getting an hour here and there to play BF1 for my gaming fix.

Have no complaints at all though aside from the animations which can be "odd". Story wise it's pretty tight and gets better as you go on.

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Wed May 10, 2017 7:55 pm

Mass Effect might be dead, at least for now. Montreal itself seems to just be a shadow studio now which will help out on other projects rather than make their own games.

http://kotaku.com/sources-bioware-montr ... 1795100285
Check out my new gaming blog Player State. Updated every Wednesday.

Mantis
Admin

Postby Mantis » Wed May 10, 2017 8:16 pm

Probably for the best. It's the prime example of what happens when you release a game for a heavily story driven franchise just for the sake of it. Fans deserve better even if Andromeda did turn out to be okay-ish.

Must be gutting for the staff at Montreal to be told that their game tanked so hard they're being taken off primary development duties though. There's probably a bunch of guys there who were excited to prove themselves as programmers who have now had their aspirations shattered and are reduced to working on assets for other studios games.

Dr@gon-UK
Forum Fossil

Postby Dr@gon-UK » Wed May 10, 2017 8:34 pm

Terry Pratchett wrote:Humans would do anything to see if it was possible. If you put a large switch in a cave somewhere, with a sign on it saying 'End-of-the-World Switch. PLEASE DO NOT TOUCH', the paint wouldn't even have time to dry.

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Thu May 11, 2017 12:13 pm

Maybe MEA's face was tired?
My face is tired.

PreviousNext

Return to FPS & Action