Techland's Hellraid (PC, 360, PS3)

Shoot the shit.
Subway Diet

Re: Techland's Hellraid (PC, 360, PS3)

Postby Subway Diet » Thu May 21, 2015 4:56 pm

DjchunKfunK wrote:From rapidly expanding to straight up dead. Hellraid is no more as Techland have decided to kill it due to the game not meeting internal expectations. Instead you get more Dying Light, so obviously zombies are better than skeletons.

Dear Hellraid fans,
We would like to officially announce that our dark fantasy FPP game Hellraid will not be released this year as previously planned, and the development of the game has been put on hold.
In the recent months we conducted an internal analysis and came to the conclusion that Hellraid, in its current shape and form, is not meeting our own expectations for this project. Therefore, we decided the best course of action would be to send it back to the drawing board and invent our dark fantasy title anew.
In the meantime, we will consolidate our development resources and focus on further expansion of our Dying Light franchise.
We wish to thank all our fans for your support - you're the best!

It's a shame as it looked like a game that could deliver combat similar to Dark Messiah. I know it isn't official dead, but whenever a developer puts a game on hold they rarely if ever go back to it.

Man, they really strung that thing along.
I guess that's it for analogue weapon control then. Sad to see it go. :?
End of an Era

Edwin
the cunt

Postby Edwin » Thu May 21, 2015 5:24 pm

Dead Island had analogue weapon control, I assume its identical sequels/spin-offs have it too.
second_base wrote:You need to fuck off now...like right now dude.

Parv wrote:Edwin has been my least favourite forumite for a long time now.

Subway Diet

Postby Subway Diet » Thu May 21, 2015 5:48 pm

Edwin wrote:Dead Island had analogue weapon control, I assume its identical sequels/spin-offs have it too.
That's the thing. They removed it from Dying Light.
A big action packed, mêlée focused dungeon crawl with the controls from Dead Island was the big draw for me. :?
End of an Era

Lee

Postby Lee » Fri May 22, 2015 10:22 am

Bah I was looking forward to this.
Formerly MrAnnoyed

Medicine Man

Postby Medicine Man » Tue Jun 02, 2015 3:24 pm

Apparently it's not 'cancelled' cancelled, it's merely 'on hold' until they milk Dying Light dry...

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015- ... -cancelled

"Right now we want to concentrate on Dying Light,” he said, adding that the zombie game now has 4.5m unique users. “We wanted to be fair with the fans so we wanted to send a clear message, especially as a lot of the people were expecting new things coming from Hellraid at E3 and Gamescom. We decided to take the pressure away.

"Once we deliver everything we want [for Dying Light], probably by the - I don't know - end of the third quarter this year, we will then maybe start to send some new [Hellraid] materials or information or thinking about what's the release date, something like that. There is nothing concrete about this timing.

"But putting on hold means we want some of the resources to concentrate on Dying Light, and once they do what needs to be done we will come back to Hellraid. It's definitely not dead. It's just we want to make sure the needs from our Dying Light players are satisfied as quickly as possible and we needed some resources for that."

Edwin
the cunt

Postby Edwin » Tue Jun 02, 2015 8:11 pm

After Dying Light was released they said they said they had taken on extra staff which allowed for an expanded game and pushing back the release date. Now they're taking the staff back. ](*,)
second_base wrote:You need to fuck off now...like right now dude.

Parv wrote:Edwin has been my least favourite forumite for a long time now.

Lee

Postby Lee » Tue Jun 02, 2015 10:28 pm

So 2020 for it :P
Formerly MrAnnoyed

Previous

Return to FPS & Action