Warframe - F2P Cooperative TPS

Shoot the shit.
Prey
Admin

Re: Warframe - F2P Cooperative TPS

Postby Prey » Wed Feb 19, 2014 4:29 pm

I've finally started building my Rhino warframe after dropping 35k just for the pleasure of doing so, now I just have to wait 72 hours for the build to complete before I can use the damn thing. While I do think this is a great game having to do bosses several times over to get the three particular drops required to build a new warframe then having to buy the blue print, build each new part (helmet, chassis, systems) which takes a day AND ONLY THEN be able to build your new complete suit based on said blueprint which takes another three days all feels like a bit of a grind.

It's nice to see a lot has been added since I played the Alpha build including exterior areas which are just stunning looking and break up the normally 100% indoor missions nicely. A friend of mine has put 100 hours into this and is only now touching the surface of the game.
Lee wrote:Holly fuck who is this above my comment?!

:O

Prey
Admin

Postby Prey » Fri Feb 12, 2016 7:01 am

I tend not to watch TB but I think he is spot on with this video.

Oh and then there is this courtesy of bombjack2 on Eurogamer...

Lee wrote:Holly fuck who is this above my comment?!

:O

STuG

Postby STuG » Fri Feb 12, 2016 4:16 pm

To my mild surprise after checking my 'Steam' stats i have well over 600 hours logged on this game.

With a group of friends it is great fun indeed. The game can pass the time in bursts as a solo player although it does get repetitive quite quickly in this way. The key lies in having a group that have a certain synergy with the frames you have chosen. Having buffs delivered allows new avenues of destruction to be wrought that you will never have as a solo player or with randoms in a public match, and having a Necros (or two!) on hand to increase the rate of resources you can find is great when you need to farm things.

The game also has a depth that isn't immediately obvious as you come to realise how to mod your Warframes for differing purposes/situations. I am still learning new techniques after all those hours played.

I think the overall aesthetic of the game is very good indeed, some of the enemy designs are quite sublime (the Grineer especially so).

A great deal of Lore and story content has recently been delivered too via the 'Second Dream' update. I would recommend playing through the assorted story quests and then that one to get a much richer flavour of the world that has been created.

I am a member of a very small clan, as such we have access to the clan only technology/weapons/Warframes/Sentinels etc. If you are interested in any aspects of that send me a message on Steam. We also have access to most of the Syndicate specific mods too.

Previous

Return to FPS & Action