Beyond Good and Evil TWO!!!

Shoot the shit.
Jez

Re: Beyond Good and Evil TWO!!!

Postby Jez » Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:44 pm

Whut?

Theres no real justification there. If it requires the consoles to save it's future and sells well then in this day age there's no reason whatsoever that it wouldn't sell well on pc. It's roots are on the pc platform and I've seen lots of articles for a very long time covering it even though it was such an apparent disaster sales wise. There is appetite for this on pc.

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:28 am

You seem to misunderstand what I am saying. Ubisoft are not going to bankroll a multiplatform version of B&E 2 because they believe it will not make enough money to make it a worthwhile investment. Just because people on PC message boards talk a lot about how they love B&E doesn't mean that the market on the PC is massive. There are no sales figures for the PC version of B&E, but I find it hard to believe that it beats the PS2 version which sold less than a million copies. For a comparison lets look at the latest Tomb Raider. I'm sure you would agree that Tomb Raider is a bigger franchise than B&E and right now the latest game is sitting at around 600,000 sales on Steam. So lets say there are 1 million PC players who will buy B&E 2, for what would have to be a game with a AAA budget that is nowhere near enough people to make a PC only release worthwhile.

So if a multiplatform release doesn't make financial sense and a PC only release doesn't make sense either than we are left in a situation where a console manufacturer has to step in and no one other than Microsoft is going to pay for development to then see the game also come out on PC.
Check out my new gaming blog Player State. Updated every Wednesday.

Jez

Postby Jez » Fri Mar 04, 2016 12:13 pm

Just think your very black and white about it. In any case fair enough will see what we see but it's shame if it is console only which is bad news for the pc fans simple as that for me.

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:07 pm

Oh I understand the disappointment, just don't think it is fair to get angry at Ubisoft or Nintendo about it.

Jez

Postby Jez » Fri Mar 04, 2016 3:29 pm

Ha not angry at all about it. It's one of those things. I get angry about next doors refusals to rebuild their wall that's slowly crumbling into my driveway.

With this game I suppose it was really the first pc game after half life 2 I liked a lot. That's all.

Jez

Postby Jez » Thu Jun 15, 2017 6:50 am

So this game really is a thing now and despite some initial concerns about the sweariness I've gotten over that and decided that this is amazing. Love the manic energy in the reveal trailer.

Eurogamer ran an article and video with Ancel and team today and of course the E3 announce trailer is there also.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017- ... -character

Seems as though they are going for a procedural generated world which could be hit or miss really to my mind. I just hope that it won't be a ubisoft generic icon clearing exercise. Or at least if it is, that it's well disguised.

Subway Diet

Postby Subway Diet » Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:14 am

To hear Ancel talk about the game, it seems they're very, very early with the project. "Day zero", to quote the man.

Seems like all they've got is an engine and a cinematic trailer. Sounds like where they were back in 2008.

That's a bit worrying. But, hopefully they'll finally pull it off this time. Even if it has no direct connections to the first game, it's been too long since we've had a mad French adventure game of this scale. :)
Last edited by Subway Diet on Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
End of an Era

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Thu Jun 15, 2017 9:26 am

The swearing still bothers me honestly, it's a bit like having a biopic of an old-school charmer like David Niven or Roger Moore, and then putting Seth Rogen in the title role.

However, if it's just one character, and that happens to be his 'thing', then while I'll still consider it a huge misstep I won't write the rest of the game off because of it. We'll just have to see how it develops from here on out.
My face is tired.

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Thu Jun 15, 2017 10:37 am

From hearing them describe this the game sounds very ambitious and I worry that this means it may remain vaporware.

Jez

Postby Jez » Thu Jun 15, 2017 11:07 am

Does seem early days but at least the video shows a team at work on it.

Previous

Return to FPS & Action