Rainbow Six: Siege [PC, PS4, XBone]

Shoot the shit.
Animalmother

Re: Rainbow Six: Siege [PC, PS4, XBone] - Previously Patroit

Postby Animalmother » Thu Mar 17, 2016 12:14 pm

I dunno mate, any gameplay videos I've watched make it look kind of dull. Rounds seem to end very quickly with one player mowing down the opposition. Probably fun if your into Counter Strike.

Snowy
Metal as Fuck

Postby Snowy » Thu Mar 17, 2016 3:27 pm

Depends what you are after mate. My review on the previous page is there for you if you want my view.

From all I have heard (I dropped it like a hot rock) it is utterly beset by cheats and the player numbers online are dropping off hugely - something easily checked on Steamspy and the like I expect.
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.

elgaucho

Postby elgaucho » Sun Nov 13, 2016 10:00 am

Been playing this over the weekend - yet to jump into any team play - just had enough time for the training scenarios and so on.

I'm actually enjoying it, and can see some longer term appeal.

What's the current take on it from the PW vets? Is it worth picking up the gold edition for the extra content?
Fire! Fire! Fiiiiiiiire!

Snowy
Metal as Fuck

Postby Snowy » Sun Nov 13, 2016 4:33 pm

I haven't played it since I last posted.
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.

Prey
Admin

Postby Prey » Sun Nov 13, 2016 4:49 pm

I'm a season pass holder and play the game almost religiously every single evening if I can. Any new content gets my seal of approval, roll on Japan!

elgaucho

Postby elgaucho » Sun Nov 13, 2016 7:19 pm

I picked it up today, with the season pass.

Getting absolutely trounced in MP mostly.... but it's fun enough! :D
Fire! Fire! Fiiiiiiiire!

Mantis
Admin

Re: Rainbow Six: Siege [PC, PS4, XBone]

Postby Mantis » Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:11 pm

There's been a free weekend of this these last couple of days so I figured I'd give it a spin to see how well it's recovered since the catastrophic launch.

Ubisoft still proving they are top dogs when it comes to making literally the WORST user interface experience of any game, ever.

Thankfully it's fairly quick to get into a game and the actual gameplay is very solid. I really like how tactical it is with the mechanics for destroying walls and shooting through floors etc. and the combat is a good balance between realistic and arcadey, you die very quickly but you don't need Counterstrike levels of control over your recoil to reliably down people.

Effectively I'd sum it up as Counterstrike, but better. I'm considering dropping 20 quid on the sale price for the starter edition when my free time with it runs out.

eVoL

Postby eVoL » Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:06 pm

It's probably the best multiplayer game of the generation and easily in my top 10 if not top 5 games of the gen. Only have it on PS4 but was considering getting it on PC too for.... reasons. Never had a problem with the UI on console other than the dogshit (optional) uplay stuff. Curious to download and see what it's like on PC.
Wouldst thou like to live deliciously?

Quietman

Postby Quietman » Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:19 pm

Might give this a second try, was put off by the initial beta but with the amount of love being dropped maybe I was wrong!
IMO :P :wink: :P :wink: :P :wink:
Dean Learner: I said the fuck you don't do wet wipes.

Oranje Head
Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2lS22 ... qTMqfvJ4xQ
Twitch - https://www.twitch.tv/oranjehead

Mantis
Admin

Postby Mantis » Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:33 pm

It feels very fresh compared with a lot of other stuff I've played recently. The ability to shoot through floors and walls to snipe at your enemies is a very cool little mechanic, even if it is also incredibly frustrating as a new player that constantly gets caught out by people with good map knowledge.

I like the classes too, they all feel unique but without being particularly overpowered, apart from Fuze, fuck that guy. Some of them are definitely very situational too, as in they are useless a lot of the time.

eVoL

Postby eVoL » Mon Nov 20, 2017 9:55 am

Year 3 announced!

Whoop!

Y3S1 seems to be adding a coop zombie mode.... I mean if there’s one thing I thought siege needed it was zombies. It’s not 100% confirmed but seems as good as. On the bright side, Y2S4 ops look great! Doka especially. Zophia seems a little OP at first glance. Her gadget can seemingly do the same as Ash plus more, 150round lmg, 50% resistance to concussions and can self revive from DBNO! Probably not as black and white in game I imagine.
Wouldst thou like to live deliciously?

Previous

Return to FPS & Action