Rainbow Six: Siege [PC, PS4, XBone]

Shoot the shit.
Adalaar
Augmented

Re: Rainbow 6: Patriots in 2013 (PC/360/PS3)

Postby Adalaar » Thu Jun 26, 2014 8:56 am

Zael wrote:
second_base wrote:
Zael wrote:I read it when it was written. It doesn't change the fact that the presentation relied on a trope. And it doesn't mean that anyone is fishing for a story or picking on anyone.

Also cop on mate. If you're enjoying these debates like you claim then snarky comments like that have no place in your posts. I didn't go into a long debate with you about the worlds view in empathy because I don't want to. I just wanted to make the point that rps/euro gamer aren't fishing for a story or picking on anyone. Keep making dick comments like that and you can talk to yourself from now on.

Honestly the amount you ignore off peoples post in this argument he practically is.

I'm pretty sure I've replied to every one of your posts which you go on to then ignore. Please point out one of your comments I've missed. You'll notice I'm having to reply to a number of different people in these threads.

I'll leave you and quietman to it then.
cHeal wrote: I don't care one way or another whether GamerGate is all white or all black migrant transgender midget. .

Tank

Postby Tank » Thu Jun 26, 2014 11:19 am

I really didn't want to cause a benny between members here.

My real annoyance here is just the ineptitude of Ubisoft. Saying really silly things or at worst just lying. The sexism part of it hasn't really bothered. I could see how it it "could" offend someone, but as far as I am concerned there are far more examples of sexism in the industry right now.

Back on the topic of Rainbow Six Siege. Looks belting doesn't it?
Prey wrote:Reminds me of school when I asked to borrow someone's football, said no and then laughed and said ok. Told them to shove it.

Subway Diet

Postby Subway Diet » Thu Jun 26, 2014 12:46 pm

Never did find out what the deal with this game was.
So, is it MP only? Was there not some quote saying that it was designed for Multiplayer, but will have Single player added in?

For as aluringly flashy as the destruction looks, I've no idea what the game will be. Felt the same after seeing Patriots. :P
End of an Era

Snowy
Metal as Fuck

Postby Snowy » Thu Jun 26, 2014 2:24 pm

Tank wrote:I really didn't want to cause a benny between members here.

My real annoyance here is just the ineptitude of Ubisoft. Saying really silly things or at worst just lying. The sexism part of it hasn't really bothered. I could see how it it "could" offend someone, but as far as I am concerned there are far more examples of sexism in the industry right now.

Back on the topic of Rainbow Six Siege. Looks belting doesn't it?

I am not looking to ruck with anyone, just engaging in discussion. Hopefully I haven't upset anyone, I do have a habit of being blunt/forthright in my views!

I am going to call you on the ineptitude tag though. My guess is that the guy buttonholed by the RPS hack was not a PR, but a techie. He had probably spent the day answering questions about destructible environments, graphical trickery etc, and suddenly some bloke comes out of leftfield with "Why is the hostage a woman, are there male ones too?". Surely he (assume he was a he, bad sexist-Snowy, BAD) can't be expected to have a politically correct, well reasoned explanation for everything that he could be asked. So RPS got an "Erm, yeah, but we figured a female one would garner more empathy from the viewers". Big story...
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.

Snowy
Metal as Fuck

Postby Snowy » Thu Jun 26, 2014 2:39 pm

Subway Diet wrote:Never did find out what the deal with this game was.
So, is it MP only? Was there not some quote saying that it was designed for Multiplayer, but will have Single player added in?

For as aluringly flashy as the destruction looks, I've no idea what the game will be. Felt the same after seeing Patriots. :P

Please for the love of god make it co-op'able in the finest traditions of the R6 games, with terrorist hunts etc!

MP only, I honestly doubt I will ever play it :(

Quietman

Postby Quietman » Thu Jun 26, 2014 2:41 pm

Good old terrorist hunt.

*opens door with M60*
IMO :P :wink: :P :wink: :P :wink:
Dean Learner: I said the fuck you don't do wet wipes.

Oranje Head
Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2lS22 ... qTMqfvJ4xQ
Twitch - https://www.twitch.tv/oranjehead

Snowy
Metal as Fuck

Postby Snowy » Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:07 pm

The only way...

Mantis
Admin

Postby Mantis » Thu Jun 26, 2014 4:47 pm

Still have very fond memories of playing R6 Vegas on 360 with chaps off here. I'm sure some of you still remember my amazing door-bouncing-grenade tricks. -_-

Subway Diet

Postby Subway Diet » Thu Jun 26, 2014 5:06 pm

Let's see, some of my PW-RS memories...

Raven Shield, which was mostly just my microphone being shit, the team constantly wiping out on that prison map and trying out some really ropy user made map packs. :P

Rainbow Six 3 on the Xbox with Vamp and some of his mates. Trying to perfect Estate and the massively entertaining discovery that the character's mouths moved when you spoke. (as demonstrated here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pfwOqlnCKQs)

And, finally, Vegas, when I bought that dumb Xbox 360 web can just for the custom character creation. You guys laughed at the strange round, orange like head the game spat out for me. :cry:
End of an Era

Quietman

Postby Quietman » Fri Jun 27, 2014 7:37 am

My favourite memory has always been of multiple ownings with just an M9 beretta when we played 4v4 TDM for a few games.

God I loved that gun.
IMO :P :wink: :P :wink: :P :wink:
Dean Learner: I said the fuck you don't do wet wipes.

Oranje Head
Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2lS22 ... qTMqfvJ4xQ
Twitch - https://www.twitch.tv/oranjehead

Snowy
Metal as Fuck

Postby Snowy » Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:35 am

Damn I have so many!

In chronological order (based on my patchy memory):
- Playing the airfield and London Underground maps on R6 co-op with some mates in the days before broadband. A friend worked for Thrustmaster and their office had gaming spec PC's and a leased line (the thing that became broadband) so some of my first online co-op experiences

- Ghost Recon. I will say no more, it was sublime.

- Raven Shield - playing the killhouse with various PW'ers on the hardest difficulty, and the joy when the last tango finally hit the dirt!

- GRAW 1 & 2 - Loads of co-op fun with PW buddies, albeit plagued by the horrendous multiplayer functionality. This one holds my favourite experience of them all - myself, Solitaire and Prey working our way through the dusty streets. Prey marking the way ahead with his UAV, all of us covering one another, and me itching the unleash the chunter-cannon - damn but I love LMGs :D

- Vegas 1 & 2 - The decline continued with these, being far more run & gun than tactical shooter, however I spent a lot of time with a mate playing these in co-op

Such a great series, if only they can drop the need to make it easy and get it back to the brutal tactical excellence that it always was! That said, ARMA3 does scratch that particular itch rather well...

Achtung Englander

Postby Achtung Englander » Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:41 am

If other PW members will pick this up day 1 I will do also - I need my faith in decent MP restored. Are we all up to create a PW private match ?
Games playing : Doom / Dirt 3 / Rochard / RTW 2

Lee

Postby Lee » Fri Jun 27, 2014 10:58 am

Mines was in Ravenshield with Eny getting killed just at the beginning of the map and not wanting to restart again. I then went on my lonesome to clearing out the entire level :lol:

The games quality soon droped after that though and I never went back to them.

But if they are going back to that style I'll be up for nabbing the game and trying it out online with fellow Pw'ers :)
Formerly MrAnnoyed

Snowy
Metal as Fuck

Postby Snowy » Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:06 pm

Like I say, if it has a co-op element I am in, if it is pure adversarial then this thread will join the COD/BF type threads, I just don't have any interest in deathmatches any more.

Prey
Admin

Postby Prey » Fri Jun 27, 2014 12:09 pm

Prey, Snowy, Mantis, Boomshaka, Askew & Solitaire.

6 years ago man. 6! :o Yeah they don't make coop games like they used to. Askew and Boomeh both gone AWOL since. :(

PreviousNext

Return to FPS & Action