Dishonored 2 (PC/X1/PS4)

Shoot the shit.
Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Tue Aug 02, 2011 10:44 am

Read the PCG preview, and actually this is another one that's gone from my mental 'meh' list to 'potentially very interesting'.

It could just be that this, Prey 2 and Far Cry 3 reignite my interest in the FPS genre.

Prey
Admin

Postby Prey » Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:31 pm

[quote] From the creators of Dark Messiah of Might and Magic, and is being co-directed by Deus Ex lead designer Harvey Smith, with art from Half Life 2 artist Viktor Antonov. It’s set in a “retro-futuristicâ€
Lee wrote:Holly fuck who is this above my comment?!

:O

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Thu Aug 04, 2011 9:44 pm

Evil Picard!

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Fri Aug 05, 2011 10:44 am

A world powered by whale oil? How on earth does that work.
Check out my new gaming blog Player State. Updated every Wednesday.

Wolfy
Oooh! :O

Postby Wolfy » Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:02 am

Cloning monopoly conspiracies!
マイカル ウルフ
MAIKARU WORUFU

Edam

Postby Edam » Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:33 am

DjchunKfunK wrote:A world powered by whale oil? How on earth does that work.

I don't know, but I like the idea. It's different, for sure.

Really looking forward to this. I'm going to delve into the PCG preview today.

Prey
Admin

Postby Prey » Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:19 pm

Harvey Smith being attached to this just makes me all kinds of giddy, that and the fact it sounds so insane in a ooo that's a nice new take on the genre kind of way.

Edam

Postby Edam » Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:36 pm

What IS the genre?

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:48 pm

Prey wrote:Harvey Smith being attached to this just makes me all kinds of giddy, that and the fact it sounds so insane in a ooo that's a nice new take on the genre kind of way.

I don't understand the reverence with which this man is held. Wasn't he pretty much responsible for the level design issues in IW and of course there was Blacksite: Area 51.
Check out my new gaming blog Player State. Updated every Wednesday.

Lee

Postby Lee » Fri Aug 05, 2011 3:31 pm

Made me think of an old pc game where Steam was still the power base and Queen Victoria was still alive in some sort of contraption. Even conquered planets with steam power and I can't recall the name of it now but I do love these steam/cyberpunk themes.

Also agree with you about Harvey Smith. The titles he's been credited where he had little power over are the good ones. But changes to the complete opposite when he does.

Rossell

Postby Rossell » Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:19 pm

Well it says "co-director" so if the other "director" isn't crap, we should be alright.

Jez

Postby Jez » Fri Aug 05, 2011 7:12 pm

Lee wrote:

Made me think of an old pc game where Steam was still the power base and Queen Victoria was still alive in some sort of contraption. Even conquered planets with steam power and I can't recall the name of it now but I do love these steam/cyberpunk themes.

i remember that also but i didnt think that game got released i remember seeing some previews of it and it looked quite good but then i dont know what happened to it. no idea what its called either.

Prey
Admin

Postby Prey » Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:00 pm

Armed with various powers in your left hand and a short, cutlass-like blade in your right, you can hack and slash your way through melee combat, but you can also do things like bending time – pausing enemies and queuing up bullets a couple of inches from their faces, then unpausing – or blasting them out of windows on bursts of concentrated air.

You can also possess people and animals – like rats – and use them to travel around, scurrying through ducts into servants' quarters and then resuming Corvo's original shape once you're inside. Again, it's pregnant with game-breaking potential, but Arkane doesn't seem to mind.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011- ... ed-preview

Prey
Admin

Postby Prey » Tue Aug 09, 2011 7:18 am

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/quake ... red/718734

One of the first things we saw in Dishonored was the massive rotting carcass of a shark being ferried downstream. Right around the corner some guards busied themselves by tossing a pile of corpses into a river. These early scenes of death and decay set the tone for the rest of the demonstration. It was later explained that the city our character was in was suffering a plague that had wiped out half of its population so far. The rest were finding other ways to die, either from the hyperaggressive guards or from the packs of carnivorous rats that roamed the streets. However, despite its miserable living conditions, the city looked impressive.

http://uk.gamespot.com/events/quakecon2 ... %3Bimg%3B6

Jez

Postby Jez » Mon Aug 22, 2011 1:08 pm

PreviousNext

Return to FPS & Action