S.T.A.L.K.E.R: Thread - CS v1.5.05 Patch Released

Shoot the shit.
JasonHimm

Re: S.T.A.L.K.E.R: Thread - CS v1.5.05 Patch Released

Postby JasonHimm » Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:37 pm

Thanks for the info guys. COP is just not meant to be at the present time. I'm playing SOC with the Complete 2009 mod. It's just lovely.

Snowy
Metal as Fuck

Postby Snowy » Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:58 am

According to this post on RPS, STALKER 2 development is still underway.

Fingers, toes and testicles all crossed!
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.

Zael

Postby Zael » Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:20 pm

*Bump*

So I've reinstalled this. Can anyone recommend some good mods?
http://gameviewsonline.blogspot.com

A blog about games - Now with increased vigor!

Updates every Wednesday.

Eny

Postby Eny » Wed Mar 14, 2012 6:42 pm

Everything on the internet is 100% true.

– Abraham Lincoln

˙ƃuıʇıɹʍ ʎuıʇ ʎllɐǝɹ uʍop ǝpısdn

Solitaire

Postby Solitaire » Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:03 am

Eny wrote:http://stalker.filefront.com/files/Stalker/Mods/Singleplayer/;3788?sort=downloads&order_in=desc&limit=100&descriptions_in=1&summary_in=0#files

But this is all you need tbh, he did a mod for each instalment:

http://artistpavel.blogspot.com/2010/01 ... plete.html

I never finished CoP - never made it past Bar, actually :oops:

So I'm starting this over, with the Complete mod, and hoping that my PC will stop overheating so I can enjoy myself.

My signature is like a time capsule from the Wild West of the internet :o

Jez

Postby Jez » Sun Apr 29, 2012 9:54 am

Cop is the best in the series well worth doing.

Achtung Englander

Postby Achtung Englander » Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:16 am

i have completed both SOC and CS and think both are excellent. Looking forward to doing COP - what I don't get is why people dislike CS so much - I thought it was pretty solid
Games playing : Alan Wake American Nightmare / Metro 2033 / Total War Thrones Of Britannia / Warlock Of Firetop Mountain / Orcs Must Die / 2000:1 A Space Felony

JohnyHumf

Postby JohnyHumf » Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:15 pm

Felt off for me from the moment I started it, as well as the fact that it wasn't as reliable as the first. CoP I started and for whatever reason never went back to, I'll have to have a playthrough of the lot of them some time.

Solitaire

Postby Solitaire » Thu May 03, 2012 4:34 am

I'm curious if anyone can answer this for me: I started SoC with the Complete mod and have played a few hours. Haven't gone past Garbage/Dark Valley. What exactly happens if I choose the Freeplay option? Does that kill all the main quests, or every quest, or what?

One thing I don't like about how STALKER wound up in it's dev cycle is the way I feel like I'll be forced into Pripyat/Chernobyl eventually and need to have certain items to actually be successful. I enjoy just wandering around, watching the AI, jumping into fights, hoarding stuff - becoming part of the world they've created in other words, instead of feeling like I'm in a game that has structured goals and a definitive ending. I'm sure I'll get there one day but the reactor stuff really doesn't sound very fun, to be honest.

Oh, was cool today, watching a couple bandits from behind a tree and waiting for this huge dog pack to attack them. Finally the dogs did and I took a few shots at the bandits while they were busy. I was really surprised to see one of the dogs grab a dead guy, bite into him, and start dragging his body away. It totally made sense and made me get a little mad, hey that's my loot! kind of reaction :)

Snowy
Metal as Fuck

Postby Snowy » Thu May 03, 2012 7:38 am

Solitaire wrote:One thing I don't like about how STALKER wound up in it's dev cycle is the way I feel like I'll be forced into Pripyat/Chernobyl eventually and need to have certain items to actually be successful. I enjoy just wandering around, watching the AI, jumping into fights, hoarding stuff - becoming part of the world they've created in other words, instead of feeling like I'm in a game that has structured goals and a definitive ending. I'm sure I'll get there one day but the reactor stuff really doesn't sound very fun, to be honest.

I'm afraid that COP does the same thing mate, there are must-acquire items from the main questline which in turn open up new areas. You are funneled towards the ending, and the third area is a lot less expansive than the first two.

That said, I did enjoy the whole story. If you are going for a run-through on the Complete mod, I may well do the same and post my experiences on here :)
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.

Solitaire

Postby Solitaire » Thu May 03, 2012 1:50 pm

Hey Snowy - I really should stick to just one stalker thread :)

Yeah I got about half way through CoP. What I was wondering was about SoC Complete, if it's worth it to try his FreePlay mode - if I'd find it interesting to roam around or if all the quests are gone and the world is emptied out by my rampaging.

Also, I suppose CoP has FreePlay as well? And yes, we should definitely both take over the thread and share our experiences :D

Last night I dealt with my favorite spot so far in SoC, the Dark Valley factory area in the north. I'd been using the old sawed-off shotgun to creep around the building but one of the dudes I killed outside dropped an eight round SPAS and I was so happy! That thing is a beast up close. Gave me the courage to walk across the way and deal with that mutant thing in the two story building. Also, I'm looking forward to a rad suit type of armor so I can go back through and get all the stashes and such that have huge radiation fields around them.

I'm glad my PC can (mostly) handle this Complete mod. It looks gorgeous and drips atmosphere even more so than before.

Achtung Englander

Postby Achtung Englander » Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:11 pm

Lost Alpha mod

Read about this on Games TM. Looks cool and it is stand alone - which means it is free !!

So for anyone who wanted to play STALKER - now is a good chance to play SoC with lots of bells and whistles

http://www.moddb.com/mods/lost-alpha
Games playing : Alan Wake American Nightmare / Metro 2033 / Total War Thrones Of Britannia / Warlock Of Firetop Mountain / Orcs Must Die / 2000:1 A Space Felony

Achtung Englander

Postby Achtung Englander » Wed Jul 04, 2018 8:13 pm

New mod "Dead Air" - apparently it is brilliant

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2018/0 ... ore-562659

Rusty

Postby Rusty » Thu Jul 05, 2018 6:40 am

And after a quick read it's completely stand alone :) (I have the original anyway)

Solitaire

Postby Solitaire » Thu Jul 05, 2018 8:29 am

Had a few minutes in the new mod just now. I hate to say it but for me the engine hasn't aged well :( And my character has the stamina of an 85-year-old with emphysema and a peg-leg. Can't even walk around the house without starting to wheeze and stumble. I don't think I have the patience for this.

PreviousNext

Return to FPS & Action