S.T.A.L.K.E.R: Thread - CS v1.5.05 Patch Released

Shoot the shit.
[Prey]

S.T.A.L.K.E.R: Thread - CS v1.5.05 Patch Released

Postby [Prey] » Wed Jul 02, 2008 2:45 pm

Clear Sky, clear new thread.

Stalker: CS Special Edition Announced:

Yesterday Publisher Deep Silver confirmed the release date of the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Prequels Clear Sky and also revealed detailed information about the coming release versions.

Like already promised S.T.A.L.K.E.R: Clear Sky will be released on time at the 29th August 2008 and will be available in two different builds, like already done with S.T.A.L.K.E.R: Shadow of Chernobyl. The Collectors Edition will be shipped with nice nifty extras like the shiny steel case, a bonus DVD with making-of information, a OST and additional artworks and you can buy it for 49.99 Euro, the standard build will still be available for 39.99 Euro.

Fans of the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. novel will be happy as well, because you will get the 3rd installment of the franchise with the interesting name Apocalypse for free bundled with the Collector’s Edition. Additional you’ll also get a big Din A2 map of the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. world and a nice alum-pin with the Clear Sky-design and –logo.

Last edited by [Prey] on Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:41 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Captain Bassoon

Postby Captain Bassoon » Wed Jul 02, 2008 2:56 pm

Stalker: A good game. Hope the expansion is great as well, though I expect I'll wait until after the first 5 patches to get it.
Bev wrote:Being a good sniper is morally on a par with being a good paedophile.

JohnyHumf wrote:Edam what the fuck have you done now?

Almeister

Postby Almeister » Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:21 pm

Just completed (well, technically) the original with the Oblivion Lost mod on Hellish difficulty and bugger me, whoever it was complaining about all those psychic bloody Jawa things in the old thread was absolutely right - don't think I've ever played a more frustrating and ball-achingly difficult section in a game. About 7 of them in one room, with about 5 bloodsuckers and 5 monolith... nuts. Also, the mod seemed to break the end section - I spent about 3 hours going through all the teleports until I gave up and you-tubed the final ending, which revealed that the teleport I'd been going through should have ended the game, but instead it just sent me to another teleporter. Gah. Kinda spoiled the end of the game for me, all that bollocks, but the plot revelations were pretty cool and I'm looking forward to Clear Sky! :D

Mantis
Admin

Postby Mantis » Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:22 pm

ffs. The original hasn't even arrived yet and I already have to consider a sequel. >_<

[Prey]

Postby [Prey] » Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:12 am

Boomshaka

Postby Boomshaka » Thu Jul 03, 2008 9:59 am

It almost gets to the stage where you say "yes, very pretty - but so fucking what?"

Wheres the game? Show me more than a rolling tech demo and i'll get interested.
Will debase self for credits.

Mogget

Postby Mogget » Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:18 am

That looks absolutely awesome.
Asus P5K-SE | Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 | 4GB PC2-8500 | 512MB GeForce 9800GT | SB X-Fi Extreme Music | Hyundai Imagequest L72D | Logitech G25 | Windows Vista64

cHeal

Postby cHeal » Thu Jul 03, 2008 12:08 pm

We're gonna need a bigger boat, so to speak :D

Boomshaka wrote:It almost gets to the stage where you say "yes, very pretty - but so fucking what?"

Wheres the game? Show me more than a rolling tech demo and i'll get interested.

A german preview comes on after the video linked which shows the hud and gameplay. It looks like the area's are much bigger now, if in fact they aren't completely open, the trading system looks better and it showed a faction screens with ratings and stuff.

It also shows you attacking a building with about 5 or 6 other guys.

This should be it : http://www.gametrailers.com/player/user ... 27960.html

WMain00

Postby WMain00 » Thu Jul 03, 2008 12:30 pm

If Deep Silver is doing the publishing, expect it to be released half completed, buggy and computer breaking. Deep Silver are renowned for forcing developers to put out there games very quickly. Look at X3 for an example. When first released it was a mess, and required several patches to get it to the better stage it is today.

Mogget

Postby Mogget » Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:34 pm

Clear Sky and Far Cry 2 are the only new games that I am interested in at the moment, and that's because they appear to be large, freeform, and extremely detailed. I just hope that the gameplay and AI can match the visuals.
Last edited by Mogget on Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Asus P5K-SE | Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 | 4GB PC2-8500 | 512MB GeForce 9800GT | SB X-Fi Extreme Music | Hyundai Imagequest L72D | Logitech G25 | Windows Vista64

[Prey]

Postby [Prey] » Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:38 pm

GSC have always taken steps to ensure they show both their tech and their game, when the time is right. It's not as if we don't already know what to expect or anything now is it? What we can expect however, is a more refined gaming experience. And as GSC have learned a great deal concerning game development over the last few years I think it's safe to say that Clear Sky will be more or less a much clearer vision of what they always wanted the original game to be.

As for Deep Silver, I have no knowledge of their past track record. However it still doesn't mean GSC will be ringed into once again releasing another game they have poured a lot into simply because the publisher wants it out the door. Afterall they have tread that same path once before with THQ, and even so GSC managed to fix the game up a treat in patches 1 to 5.

I have every faith GSC will make Clear Sky a worthy addition to the ongoing Stalker based legacy. And I for one simply cannot wait to enter the world of Stalker once again, albeit in a very altered form.

Mantis
Admin

Postby Mantis » Thu Jul 03, 2008 7:38 pm

Well the original arrived today and I've just finished installing it. The question is, do I patch it to full then play through normally? Or do I patch it up then install this mod which supposedly makes it a whole lot better and then play through?

I don't want to play it normally and then be put off from ever coming back with the mod. The standard game does stand up pretty well doesn't it?

cHeal

Postby cHeal » Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:00 pm

Patch it to 1.5 and play it standard. It's plenty good vanilla. The mods should be treated more as a desert than a main course.

Almeister

Postby Almeister » Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:12 pm

I'd play it without the mod first, and then come back to the game next year or something and play it with the mod. Then you get the best of both worlds :)

(This is based on my negative experiences with the mod at the end of the game, which put a bit of a dampener on a first play through)

Judge Rabbi

Postby Judge Rabbi » Fri Jul 04, 2008 9:35 am

Nice video there. Hope they put some of that stuff to use rather than just eye candy.

Next

Return to FPS & Action