Max Payne 3 (PC/360/PS3)

Shoot the shit.
Medicine Man

Re: Max Payne 3 (PC/360/PS3)

Postby Medicine Man » Sat May 12, 2018 8:17 pm

Achtung Englander wrote:So just completed MP3. Actually that is a bit of a white lie - the final boss fight at the airport was so hard (playing on Hard) that I have up and watched the last 10 minutes on YouTube.

I had a blast (pun intended) throughout. This is perhaps one of the few trilogies where each part (game) is as good as the other.

I will definitely revisit this game in the future. Shame you could not throw grenades but hey ho. Superb fun was had.

Man I was thinking about playing through this the other day. You may have just tipped me over the edge. :)

Snowy
Metal as Fuck

Postby Snowy » Sun May 13, 2018 7:40 am

I couldn't do it again, I just don't have the patience to sit through those endless fucking cutscenes a third time.

Also AE's post reminded me of the fury I had for the designers in locking you into a difficulty setting on the fucking thing, there were some spikes that were so fucking ridiculously hard it was untrue. That, coupled with the 'get hit in the head, you dead' mechanic that could turn a 99% successful slice of bullet-ballet into a fail...

No, MP3 is dead to me.
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Sun May 13, 2018 7:51 am

I'll be honest, despite adoring MP1 and 2, I just couldn't get on with 3 at all... the endless cutscenes, the way the game would switch out your weapon when one ended (so you'd be holding your trusty AR, wham, cutscene, cue a wave of enemies and you now holding a pea shooter), even the shooting and bullet-time stuff felt off to me and, yeah, some ludicrously difficult bits.

I abandoned it about halfway through and never went back tbh.
My face is tired.

Achtung Englander

Postby Achtung Englander » Sun May 13, 2018 12:28 pm

I did like the John Woo aspect of the game and although the difficulty of Hard was at times frustrating, so long as you kept at it and mixed up your gameplay you could survive most situations. That ending however was immensely difficult, and since I knew I was at the last part of the game, I did not mind saving time and watching it.

The plot is all of the place, similar to the first 2 games. I lost comprehension of what was going on and just waited for the next shootout as I had zero interest in the story. I must have died hundreds of times but this was offset by the quantity of fun I had.
Games playing : Doom / Attila Total War / Syndicate

Animalmother

Postby Animalmother » Sun May 13, 2018 4:21 pm

It's also surprisingly brutal even for a Max Payne game.

Did RS ever hint that there would be a part 4 or where the game sales pretty underwhelming? Really liked this game despite its many pain in the arse features but it was pretty great overall.

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Tue May 15, 2018 11:47 am

Max Payne 3 is a Max Payne game in name only.
Check out my new gaming blog Player State. Updated every Wednesday.

Previous

Return to FPS & Action