P R E Y (Xbox One/PS4/PC) May 2017

Shoot the shit.
Prey
Admin

Re: P R E Y (Xbox One/PS4/PC) May 2017

Postby Prey » Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:47 pm

About 6 hours or so into this now and I swear to god Arkane practically intended this to feel like a Dead Space inspired fps above anything else as the more I play it the more that DS vibe creeps in and when I say creeps in I do mean quite literally at times. Having enough ammo at any one time is my current worst enemy but I can see there are ways to deconstruct items and sell scrap etc to buy more if you can come across the machines that make them that is. Just as with Dishonored the games Prey has this genuine simplistic beauty to it all and I'm playing it far more like Dead Space meets Deus Ex than I ever expected I would be doing.
Lee wrote:Holly fuck who is this above my comment?!

:O

Jez

Postby Jez » Thu Dec 28, 2017 6:16 pm

Do yourself a favour a rank up strength to max. It is useful for throwing heavy shit at them when ammo is tight and more effective a lot of the time to boot. It also opens up more of the game to explore.

Don't be afraid to spend neuromods you'll get loads of them in game especially if you take the science perk that lets you recycle alien organs can't remember what it's called.

Prey
Admin

Postby Prey » Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:40 pm

So far then I've spent neuromods mostly into the likes of strength, engineering and hacking along with the slow motion combat focus which makes a vast difference when it comes to some of the rather mental encounters the game can throw at you suddenly while it also helps me get past electric sections easier. I've also invested in upgrading weapons and am working to get necropsy next. I hate it when I end up buying something I know I completely ignored for next to no reasons and end up feeling guilty upon discovering just how worthy it actually is as I progress further and further. Still better late than never I suppose.

How did this game fail so badly again? Oh right yeah, people just like me. I do think Bethesda could have marketed it better though if I'm honest.

Jez

Postby Jez » Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:46 pm

Don't worry about feeling guilty spending neuromods. As I said you'll have bags of them especially with that perk.

It's a great game. It's why I voted it my number 1 2017 game. Funnily enough today I took my teenage son into GAME to spend his various vouchers and he spotted this for 12 quid for the ps4 and had heard it was good from a mate. I reassured him that it was a great game then the clerk at till made same comment and how it was criminally understood.

Prey
Admin

Postby Prey » Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:05 pm

Ha ironically mate the very reason I bought it too was because I got it my son for his PS4 for Christmas and upon watching him play some I just had to have it for myself. I've already played more than he has!

Spoiler: show
Just acquired the Psychoscope and things have now got very interesting indeed. Come out, come out...what ever you are!

Previous

Return to FPS & Action