Aliens: Colonial Marines

Shoot the shit.
Burberry Knight

Re: Aliens: Colonial Marines

Postby Burberry Knight » Mon Oct 21, 2013 11:45 pm

Mantis wrote:
You, as Amanda, spend most if not all of the game on a single space station, according to our source. There's only one alien for "most" of the game, our source said; you'll mostly be shooting through "clones and soldiers."

It was going well up until this bit.

This franchise is completely ruined.

Yeah, reading that at first I was a bit "Ooooh", quickly followed by :roll: .

Who knows, it could be great...

Snowy
Metal as Fuck

Postby Snowy » Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:36 am

Vents, lockers, and melee weapons are a big part of Isolation

Vents and lockers? Why hasn't anyone done this before? Sounds great....

Think I will join with my twin and other learned colleagues on here with a :-k
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Fri Jul 24, 2015 12:52 pm

Interesting interview with Randy Pitchford. Whatever you think of the game and of him as a person I commend the fact that he doesn't take the opportunity given to him to blame someone else fro why the game turned out like it did. Maybe the truth is that they just made a game that wasn't very good. Developers do that sometimes.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015- ... -pitchford
Check out my new gaming blog Player State. Updated every Wednesday.

Mantis
Admin

Postby Mantis » Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:17 pm

He doesn't answer a single question straight either. What a slippery fuck.

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Fri Jul 24, 2015 1:21 pm

I don't think he is that bad. He refuses to say they made a bad game, but then I don't know many developers who do or would cop to that.

EDIT: I'm less emotionally involved though as I never played the game and never read any of the preview stuff. The Alien franchise should remain the purview of the silver screen.

EDIT 2: The stuff about pre-orders to sales was interesting as well with regards to people claiming they were duped. Surely only those who pre-ordered could claim this as anyone buying it on or after release would have seen reviews and footage showing that the game was different to what was shown previously?

Lee

Postby Lee » Sun Jul 26, 2015 12:23 am

He still blames the critics for the failure of A:CM when the most of the comments were coming from those that bought the piece of shit. There was ample proof in videos of how bad it was and how it was nothing like they had hyped it up in all his talks about it. It's the same response that Watchdog got and AC:Unity and Batman:AN so he's not being picked on either.

Sorry but he's one slimy fucker to trust anything that comes out of his gob.
Formerly MrAnnoyed

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:18 am

Surely though if it was a big con job the courts would have found against them?

Lee

Postby Lee » Sun Jul 26, 2015 10:20 am

Of course it was a con you don't need a court judgement to see that and frankly when have courts ever had a clue about the games industry when dealing with it :P
Formerly MrAnnoyed

Jez

Postby Jez » Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:50 pm

Can't agree more there Lee the legal system isn't about what's right or wrong it's about who says a thing better than the other, present your case better than the other guy and your 9 10ths the way home.

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Mon Jul 27, 2015 8:05 am

Totally disagree. The legal case would have been understandable to anyone outside the world of gaming just because it is about the games industry doesn't mean the courts have no clue. We are not some kind of secret club that the wider world has no clue about.

Yes Jez it is about how you present your case, but you can't just assume that the plaintiff presented a bad case just because they lost. Class Actions like this have succeeded in the past, the PSN Hack for instance, so it isn't like big games companies just automatically win.

Maybe it is time to put away the conspiracy theories and accept that Gearbox and Sega just made a bad game.

Jez

Postby Jez » Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:11 am

Maybe in this case I made presumption open to debate. I have been on the receiving end of the court system recently and it was a farcical experience that highlights to me how "the system" works. And it's fucking bollox mate. Enough on that and this.

Lee

Postby Lee » Mon Jul 27, 2015 10:27 am

eh who is talking about conspiracy theories here?. Jez is bang on about the courts being a nightmare to deal with. And no one is disputing they made a really shitty game beside Pitchford who's ego will not admit too.

It'll be interesting to see if anyone will trust him with their IP again. His own behaviour has certainly placed doubts with me in getting anything from them again.
Formerly MrAnnoyed

Snowy
Metal as Fuck

Postby Snowy » Mon Jul 27, 2015 1:18 pm

Man he is one vile little individual. If he honestly thought that A:CM (and DNF for that matter) was a good game, he is in completely the wrong job as he clearly knows absolutely zip about games.

Banging on about the one fan who emails him screenshots every two weeks as a justification when everyone else on the damned planet was pointing out that the game was absolute gash – the guy is just a spin-merchant.

I would also shoot a hole in ‘Randy the Aliens Superfan’ spiel. The bit where he lampoons the A:CM detractors complaining that the aliens just charge headlong at the player with retort of “what, just like they do in the movies? They’re bugs man” – uh, yeah, think they proved Hudson wrong on that count, or didn’t you spot that?

The bloke is basically a liar and a marketeer – his claims to be a developer fall on deaf ears, he is nothing of the kind.
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.

Quietman

Postby Quietman » Mon Jul 27, 2015 2:33 pm

He probably focused on the bit where the Aliens kept charging the gun turrets (in order to get them to use up all their ammo ¬_¬)
IMO :P :wink: :P :wink: :P :wink:
Dean Learner: I said the fuck you don't do wet wipes.

Oranje Head
Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2lS22 ... qTMqfvJ4xQ
Twitch - https://www.twitch.tv/oranjehead

Subway Diet

Postby Subway Diet » Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:48 am

As a defender of Alien³, his "Aliens Superfan" thing is insufferable. :lol:

He's positioning himself as some kind of hero who corrected the Aliens lore? Sounds more like a wee laddie who only likes the second film because it's an action spectacular that's so cool. One and Three were so borrrrring, right?

Fanny.
And just to be bitter, I hope that shitty looking Left4MOBA-Fortress 2 game tanks. [-(
End of an Era

PreviousNext

Return to FPS & Action