SCUM

Shoot the shit.
Lee

SCUM

Postby Lee » Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:53 am

Aye I bet you wondered what the fuck the title thread was leading to but it's an actual game of the open world survival series.
Had a look at a recent video and it goes into loads of realism on the simplest of things games disregard.

The world’s unquenchable need for entertainment has turned towards bloodlust as entertainment behemoth TEC1 is set to premiere season two of its television sensation SCUM. This new season moves the contest from the rugged, enclosed Alcatraz sector to the full grandure of Bagne de Cayenne, an island with a sordid history of violent incarceration. Both fan favorites and new prisoners will clash in a ruthless war of survival while battling for the support of viewers, producers, and corporate sponsors for fame, gifts, and a chance of life after death.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/513710/SCUM/

Looks pretty damn interesting :)
Formerly MrAnnoyed

Animalmother

Re: SCUM

Postby Animalmother » Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:36 pm

Looks interesting anyway, the level of detail sounds very impressive if they can pull it off.

sohei

Postby sohei » Wed Jan 17, 2018 6:41 pm

If Ray Winston isn't in it I'm not interested
Intel Core i7 4790k 4.00Ghz , 32 Gb Kingston HyperX Fury, Asus Radeon R9 295X2 8GB, Samsung 500gb SSD, Windows 8.1 64 bit.

Snowy
Metal as Fuck

Postby Snowy » Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:35 pm

*Sigh* Another title with some interesting mechanics to it and lo and behold, it is a fucking deathmatch. Again.

Go and stand in the corner with Escape from Tarkov and flagellate yourselves until I say you can stop, you witless arseholes.

Ballhang.
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.

Animalmother

Postby Animalmother » Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:59 pm

Got to get on that battle royale gravy train yo.

Snowy
Metal as Fuck

Postby Snowy » Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:35 am

Problem there is, people are already looking for faster fixes than PUBG offers, the recent success of Fortnite shows that. A BR game where you need to dry your pants because you went for a swim is unlikely to win many converts I would think.

Mantis
Admin

Postby Mantis » Sun Feb 04, 2018 11:39 am

Yeah, I think the main reason that so many games disregard these levels of realism for simple things is because they aren't actually fun to simulate. Anything that stops you from actually playing the core aspect of the game in favour of something mundane really doesn't belong. Project Zomboid's single player forces you to stop playing every twenty minutes or so because your character gets tired and has to go back to base to sleep. It is nothing more than a complete pain in the arse and adds nothing to the overall experience.

Playing a competitive survival shooter and having to go wait it out inside a building just because it's raining is exactly the kind of thing I do not want to do. It would be akin to playing ARMA or Ghost Recon cooperatively and having to call off a strike on an enemy convoy because one of you got chills from not wearing enough clothes.

Snowy
Metal as Fuck

Postby Snowy » Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:19 pm

I know I struggle with some of the ARMA 3 co-op mods - there is a common one which simulates fatigue through items carried which is totally awful. As anyone who has played Capture The Island knows, oftentimes where your pilot drops you can be a lengthy hike from the target itself to avoid enemy aircraft and AA fire. The fatigue simulation turns it from being a cross country running simulator with shooting thrown in to a simulation of being an emphysema suffering pensioner who, when he finally totters very slowly within reach of any action, can't aim for his gun waving about all over the place.

Games have to blend realism with giving the player an enjoyable experience.

Rusty

Postby Rusty » Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:58 pm

BUt there must be a market out there for it. People go to great lengths to mod this exact type of stuff into Skyrim.

Snowy
Metal as Fuck

Postby Snowy » Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:26 pm

I am sure there is - when I dared voice a grumble on an ARMA3 CTI server running the fatigue mod, I was given a load of shit by the players that my loadout needed to match what I could carry in reality. When I pointed out that the military regularly yomp long distance carrying heavy kit, I was shouted down. I quit and left :)

But yeah, there is a market. How big is maybe another matter.

Lee

Postby Lee » Tue Feb 06, 2018 12:08 am

I aGREE sNOWY it could be better for those that don't want to do the online battle royal to have a nice sp component to it or heaven forbid a co-op to it. Options are always a plus to games than just going down one route.

I like a lot of realism stuff added to games either through mods or it's like that from the get go. But I am going to wait and see how it pans out. I used to hate the whole fight against other players but gotten used to and enjoyu it a but more now. solo it's horrbile but with friends well anything is great isn't it :)
Formerly MrAnnoyed

Snowy
Metal as Fuck

Postby Snowy » Tue Feb 06, 2018 7:57 am

Have you been drinking and typing young Mr Lee? =D> :D

Raid
Duke of Preys-World

Postby Raid » Fri Feb 09, 2018 1:14 pm

Edit: I am an idiot, apparently.
Last edited by Raid on Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Snowy
Metal as Fuck

Postby Snowy » Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:35 pm

Whut?

Are you randomly responding about bitcoin by any chance?

EDIT: You did - found the blog thread you meant to post in =D>

Raid
Duke of Preys-World

Postby Raid » Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:41 pm

..the hell? :lol:

Return to FPS & Action