Battlefield 1 - Out Now

Shoot the shit.
Jez

Re: Battlefield 1 - Out Now

Postby Jez » Sat Jan 13, 2018 6:34 pm

Yeah they'll be welcome additions. Never got in with the martini myself but I tend to stay away from sniping usually anyway despite dinging level 50 in the 4 main classes. If I do go scout it's normally in an attacking role using an infantry variant like the gewher 95.

Animalmother

Postby Animalmother » Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:26 am

Give it a go mate, tis fucking hilarious nailing people from a mile away. It's the massive bang when you shot it then seeing some knobber drop halfway across the map. In fairness you miss 9 out of 10 shots, but still.

The other level 10 weapons are mostly disappointing though.

Jez

Postby Jez » Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:19 am

Medic and Support one are underwhelming especially medic rifle. The support one got some love a while back and is better for it.

Have you not tried the fucking Heilrigel then AM? The 60 round assault gun? Default spray and pray weapon along with the automatico series.

STuG

Postby STuG » Sun Jan 14, 2018 11:40 am

To my surprise, after reading this thread and seeing the quite staggering discount offered via the 'Revolution' version which gave me access to everything for £21 I bought this.

The history geek in me is thrilled and appalled in equal measure. It is a joy to see such a wide variety of different armies and global theatres featured though (clearly COD has learned nothing from this).

The gameplay is still sublime. No other shooter captures the scale or scope of combat that the Battlefield series provides. Having watched the other half play the latest COD on her Xbone has illustrated that to me all too clearly.

The only fly in the ointment is that my trusty, venerable system cannot cope with the digital mayhem the game throws around the screen. I have just started on a new system build so will rejoin the fray then.

Jez

Postby Jez » Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:09 pm

Good man stug was a little surprised you hadn't got this already.

STuG

Postby STuG » Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:29 pm

The last BF I touched was the fourth instalment and from there I meandered down the leafy glades of co-op titles really.

Even though I was God awful when I tried BF1 I did actually enjoy it.

Masochist :D .

Animalmother

Postby Animalmother » Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:47 pm

Must admit I really didn't like this game when I started playing, wasn't until I tried Operations mode that it clicked. Those battles are just epic chaos when you get a good one.

Have you used the General Liu rifle? I'm convinced it's bugged, impossible to get a kill with. No one uses it and I've never been killed by it.

Mantis
Admin

Postby Mantis » Sun Jan 14, 2018 12:57 pm

The Operations are all I play now. They actually give each round some semblance of meaning as you push forward through the different stages of the maps, and having one team focused on defense over simply it being a free for all on every point like in Conquest contributes a lot towards having defined battle lines.

Jez

Postby Jez » Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:22 pm

Animalmother wrote:Must admit I really didn't like this game when I started playing, wasn't until I tried Operations mode that it clicked. Those battles are just epic chaos when you get a good one.

Have you used the General Liu rifle? I'm convinced it's bugged, impossible to get a kill with. No one uses it and I've never been killed by it.

I use the storm version a lot. Like it

Jez

Postby Jez » Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:33 pm

Mantis wrote:The Operations are all I play now. They actually give each round some semblance of meaning as you push forward through the different stages of the maps, and having one team focused on defense over simply it being a free for all on every point like in Conquest contributes a lot towards having defined battle lines.

You must have tried the Frontlines mode mate? It's similar to operations. I like it better than operations myself.

Mantis
Admin

Postby Mantis » Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:29 pm

That was on Battlefield 3 and 4 wasn't it? From what I remember it's a similar thing but on a smaller scale to the Operations. I haven't tried it on BF1 yet, but the big draw of the Operation modes is how immense in scale they feel. A true Battlefield experience has always been 64 players to me.

Jez

Postby Jez » Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:39 pm

Think you are thinking about conquest assault mode. Frontlines is very similar to operations. Well worth a go.

Animalmother

Postby Animalmother » Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:44 pm

Jackfrags has a video up showing some of the maps and weapons for the final dlc. Somme and Passchendaele are included.

There's also a new pigeon uav that looks like a really bad idea. New guns seem to be a mini Chauchat and a semi-auto Enfield plus a few others. I'll stick the video up later.

STuG

Postby STuG » Fri Jan 19, 2018 8:41 pm

I have to say that seeing some of the proposed balance changes in the upcoming patch has very much ignited my desire to play this.

Counting the pennies for new components...damned miners pushing up GPU prices.

Jez

Postby Jez » Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:12 pm

It's quite scalable the engine but I appreciate that you probably want to get something that's a bit futureproof.

PreviousNext

Return to FPS & Action