Dying Light

Shoot the shit.
Lee

Re: Dying Light

Postby Lee » Mon Feb 15, 2016 4:55 pm

Why the hell did they add VAC to this game now. I can see it for competitive games but a game you generally play with friends in mp #-o

I found a mod that removes the Chromatic Aborration from the game and it works like a charm and boy does the game look a lot better. But to play in mp I will need everyone else to download and install it it seems due to VAC. Even though I have disabled that.

http://www.nexusmods.com/dyinglight/mods/164/?

Why is it Dev's try to make graphics look like shit with these "special filters" when our eyes do not work like this at all. Nice clean/sharp images is what I want.

I have my original file backed up in case you guys don't want to install the mod so just let me know if you want to play with it on or off :)
Formerly MrAnnoyed

Prey
Admin

Postby Prey » Mon Feb 15, 2016 10:33 pm

Personally I fell completely in love with the new sepia tone while playing The Following tonight it just gives the game such a nice even look to it with a good balance between detail, shadow density and contrast.

Lee and I had a great time tonight bombing around in a buggy each and as I told him I honestly didn't think having a vehicle in the game would add any true value to what there already was but it really, really does. When the night time hits and you are being chased down by a volatile which is every bit as fast as your vehicle so seeing one legging it after you while looking behind is utterly shit pants inducing.

What we're hoping is that if we can get two others to join us sometime soon the game will in fact serve up a vehicle for every person to use and four of us can bomb it around together. If not at least two others can stand up in the back and use weapons on the enemies while we both drive around, badly.

Thanks for the game tonight Lee man weeee bumper cars!! :mrgreen:

Lee

Postby Lee » Tue Feb 16, 2016 12:41 am

Oh the hilarity that came from the buggies and both of our crazy driving antics :lol:
Be fun to see how they handle when we upgrade them some more. I'm hoping for some mods to give us on boards blades for them at some point.

Aye if we can get a 4 player going to see if we all get a buggy or two man (man in the back can attack) will be a right laugh. Being chased by 3 of them bloodsucker feckers at night and trying your damnest to stay straight and not hit stuff was funny as fuck. And frightening at the same time.

Prey's new nickname for riding in back was cumbucket :-"
And don't let him go near doors... or he'll stay looking at them in some zombie like state.
Formerly MrAnnoyed

Snowy
Metal as Fuck

Postby Snowy » Tue Feb 16, 2016 11:37 am

You pair of wankstains, I thought I was gonna be involved in your co-op shenanigans!

Am about this evening (depending on times), but am out tomorrow night seeing Frankie Boyle be wrong about stuff to make me laugh. Normal service resumed from Thursday.
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Tue Feb 16, 2016 11:43 am

Rather oddly since the release of the enhanced edition the base game has gone up in price.
Check out my new gaming blog Player State. Updated every Wednesday.

Lee

Postby Lee » Tue Feb 16, 2016 4:02 pm

We are going to be playing again at some point tonight Snowy. Will poke you on steam when you get on.
Formerly MrAnnoyed

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:44 pm

7 million people have bought the game which is a pretty good number and higher than I expected.
Check out my new gaming blog Player State. Updated every Wednesday.

Snowy
Metal as Fuck

Postby Snowy » Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:50 pm

That's because it is a brilliant game, story notwithstanding.

Prey
Admin

Postby Prey » Mon Mar 07, 2016 10:11 pm

Cheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeese!

Lee

Postby Lee » Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:36 am

Are you making fun again of my big brother!
Formerly MrAnnoyed

Edwin
the cunt

Postby Edwin » Sun Jun 19, 2016 8:55 am

Bought this in the GOG sale, its much better than Dead Island simply because there is a mod that removes weapon durability. A brick hammer will not crumble after hitting a dozen squishy people.
second_base wrote:You need to fuck off now...like right now dude.

Parv wrote:Edwin has been my least favourite forumite for a long time now.

Snowy
Metal as Fuck

Postby Snowy » Sun Jun 19, 2016 9:19 am

Might bag that when I next play it. I must say I never really noticed it in DL though, the better weapons are pretty durable and able to be repaired several times, and as I levelled up I often switched them out for better ones before they were needing to be thrown away/sold.

Prey
Admin

Postby Prey » Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:52 pm

*Bump*

In response to "numerous fan requests", Techland has announced Bad Blood—a battle royale-inspired PvP mode that's due next year. Independent of the developer's ongoing free DLC drive, Bad Blood is a standalone expansion.

Capitalising on the recent popularity of battle royale games, the incoming expansion will play into what makes the likes of PUBG and Fortnite Battle Royale work, while "retaining the core of what made people fall in love with Dying Light in the first place," so says Techland in a statement. In doing so, Bad Blood promises "violent and dynamic" online bouts that mix PvP with PvE mechanics.

"Our aim is both to satisfy players’ demands for competitive PvP gameplay and to explore new directions for Dying Light’s multiplayer experience," says Techland producer Tymon Smektala. "Since Bad Blood was inspired by fan requests, we want player feedback to be an integral part of our development. That's why we’re inviting Dying Light fans to take part in our Global Playtest. They can play the expansion early and share their thoughts, knowing their feedback will have a major influence on Bad Blood's development."

http://www.pcgamer.com/dying-light-unve ... e-in-2018/

https://dyinglightgame.com/badblood/?ut ... ource=news

Edwin
the cunt

Postby Edwin » Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:35 pm

Bollocks to that, bring back Hellraid :cry:
second_base wrote:You need to fuck off now...like right now dude.

Parv wrote:Edwin has been my least favourite forumite for a long time now.

Snowy
Metal as Fuck

Postby Snowy » Thu Dec 07, 2017 9:26 pm

Fucking PvP bollocks being added to great co-op games - get to fuck. Us co-op gamers get so little in terms of great titles and for them to waste effort on PvP rather than more co-op content we lose out. Wildlands has done the same shit.

Previous

Return to FPS & Action