Destiny 2 - (PC, XONE, PS4) PC Open Beta August 29th

Shoot the shit.
Medicine Man

Re: Destiny 2 - (PC, XONE, PS4) PC Open Beta August 29th

Postby Medicine Man » Sat Sep 09, 2017 2:54 pm

Whoa 99p you say... :-k

In that case I may have to rescind my offer.

eVoL

Postby eVoL » Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:59 pm

Getting proper bored of this already :(

A lot of it is down to the tedious as fuck story and dialogue. It the gameplay too. Almost for a second thought they would do something interesting with the light but nope!
Wouldst thou like to live deliciously?

Prey
Admin

Postby Prey » Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:13 pm

My son has already beat the entire campaign and has hit level 20 (light level 212). He's had the game for 3 days. 3 days. He swears it's better in every way over the original bar the consumable shader bollocks.
Mantis wrote:I was looking for your post about the new Assassins Creed to respond to earlier on and you've already deleted it. -_-

eVoL

Postby eVoL » Sat Sep 09, 2017 11:17 pm

Meh, I finished Mgs4 in two days.

Two 12 hour coffee fuelled days but 2 days all the same. -_- At least your boy still has a lot of replaying strikes over and over for gear though ;)
Wouldst thou like to live deliciously?

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Mon Sep 11, 2017 11:34 am

So I've been thinking about this over the weekend and I think that Bungie have spent plenty of time giving you more stuff to do which makes grinding for loot more enjoyable. However they have done little to nothing to change the Light stuff, or Power as it is now known. So once you hit Power 265 there is nothing you can do to get better gear other than the Milestones which can only be done once a week. So the fact that there is more and varied stuff to do doesn't really matter as none of it is worth doing once you hit 265.

I never made it anywhere near the Light cap in Destiny because the stuff you did was just so monotonous, but having done so in Destiny 2 I can't really understand how Bungie haven't solved this. Why have they not looked at stuff like Diablo and seen how they solve the issue of players being constantly rewarded for playing the same content over and over. They always go on about how they can't make enough content to satisfy the community, but when you can get to the cap of a game which is supposed to be designed for you to play for weeks and months on end within a week, then something is fundamentally broken with the design.
Check out my new gaming blog Player State. Updated every Wednesday.

Prey
Admin

Postby Prey » Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:43 am

Destiny 2 is the biggest launch of 2017 in the UK as it debuted at the top of the charts, according to Chart-Track for the week ending September 9. Sales for the game were 58 percent lower than the original game released in 2014.

58 percent of Destiny 2 sales were for the PlayStation 4, while 42 percent were for the Xbox One.

A 58% drop from the original is a pretty hefty drop but then this is also based on physical media sales and the original had four release platforms. No doubt the PC release will make up a pretty big slice of sales in the coming month but just how many still remains to be seen.
Mantis wrote:I was looking for your post about the new Assassins Creed to respond to earlier on and you've already deleted it. -_-

Lee

Postby Lee » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:16 am

That didn't include the digital sales of the first game either I think. So it might be a lot more/less a drop.

Personally I can't see the PC community making up for the loss sales either way.
Formerly MrAnnoyed

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:30 am

I remain curious, but I think I'd be looking at getting it waaay down the line when the price has come down a bit. I don't mind a bit of a mindless loot-grind to unwind of an evening, but I'm in no rush really.
My face is tired.

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:46 am

The Raid launches tonight and I will be giving it a shot with some friends, don't expect to be very successful, but having never experienced one in Destiny 1 I'm interested to see what they are like.

I've kind of settled into a certain mindset when playing Destiny 2 now, my mind kind of drifts and I just enjoy shooting stuff and seeing things blow up. I think once I hit the level cap and have done the raid I'll be done with the game until more content comes out. I will probably still do the odd bit of Crucible, but without the prospect of shinny loot to tempt me I'm not sure why you would keep playing.

Destiny remains a strange game, I can see why people like it, but I still can't see how anyone could say it was a great game. They may have fixed the story, bumped up the variety of content and added a few QOL changes, but the core issues remain. If this was just a game you were meant to play through once and be done then I think my feelings on it would be very different.
Check out my new gaming blog Player State. Updated every Wednesday.

Prey
Admin

Postby Prey » Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:50 pm

So last night my son attempted to launch the new guided games beta feature which allows higher players to help lower players within the game. Just as soon as he did however our router completely died and didn't come back on for some time so I decided to do some digging and this is what I come up with...

Error code CABBAGE may occur when router settings block communications to or from Destiny services. We are investigating the impact on various devices. To attempt to resolve this error when using a Technicolor/Thomson router.

PLEASE NOTE: Players may need to inspect the manual for their router to proceed through these steps, as some settings pages may have alternate naming conventions per manufacturer.

https://www.bungie.net/en/Forums/Post/2 ... t=0&page=0

Bungie supplied a supposed quick fix method that hasn't worked for many....

1. Connect your console directly to the router via Wired or Wi-Fi Connection.
• Note: attempting to connect to Destiny through a router connected to an alternate router may lead to increased issues. Please attempt to connect to the router connected to your modem for best results.
2. From the router settings page, proceed from Home > Toolbox > Firewall.
• Create a new Firewall level within your Router settings.
• Players may wish to name this "Destiny 2".
3. From the Router settings page, proceed from Home > Toolbox > Game & Application Sharing and configure the following settings:
• Enable UPnP.
• Disable "Extended Security".
• Disable any "Assigned Games & Applications" settings.

Here's some more on the issue as created by other owners one of who even posted up an actual working fix...

Medicine Man

Postby Medicine Man » Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:12 pm

Previous

Return to FPS & Action