Gothic 2 help

The strategy of playing ones role.
Ivor The Engine Driver

Gothic 2 help

Postby Ivor The Engine Driver » Fri Oct 31, 2003 2:01 pm

I bought this game a while back and have hardly played it. The problem is I can't get into it and was wondering if anyone could give me some tips on how to get started. I'm really looking for combat tips, and the best way to money and better weapons etc. I'm at the 1st town area I don't really know where I've to go from there. So waht are the best tips?

Thanks.

Gunner

Postby Gunner » Fri Oct 31, 2003 3:54 pm

to fight (with a sword), you have to do it youself.

go up to someone hold LMB down, then press W for a fwd attack, A and for slashes, and S for a block.

you can do combos, attack with W, then wait for the attack to finsh, then press it again for another attack, and so on, (if you press it before or after then it won't come off) this mean if you panic and button bash you will die (will happen even a high level player, trust me i know).

when fighting animals don't block, just keep up a flowing attack on him with the combos, that way he won't be able to bite you.

with humans, block his attack, then counter attack (with one attack), then block, and so on.

also the sword skill doesn't make you do more damage, it just makes combos more easier to do (will be more leniet, and let you get away with pressing attack a bit too early or late).

strength will increase your damage, and your health i would do that to start off with over sword skill.

btw look in you journal to see what your supposed to do
"All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think we become."
-Buddha

Paul

Postby Paul » Mon Nov 03, 2003 10:32 pm

Just talk to people in the town to get you started on quests. Quests can earn you money and experience points that can be spent improving combat skills. Not only that, but you can find cool new weapons on your adventures too.

You'll only get really cool weapons later on in the game. Bear in mind that you need mega strength to wield the larger swords, and be as nimble as a dancing fairy to use the crossbows and bows.

You can aquire better armour by doing quests for the guild you join. E.G. if you join the mercs you have access to light merc armour when you join, medium when you level up a bit and do a fair few quests for Lee, and finally heavy when you start becoming a hardass mofo.

Just wait until you get the dragon hunters armour... (again, you need to be in the mercs for that).

Trust me, stick with it. Even i admit that sometimes Gothic 2 can be a little slow and misleading, but within a few days of playing you'll be taking on hordes of orcs in swanky armour brandishing a large pointy metal stick of doom.

If you're anything like me (somewhat passionate about one's character) you'll cream your pants the first time you bring an orc down. So satisfying, and all those hours you put in finally pay off :)

Then you meet an orc elite... :evil:

Gunner

Postby Gunner » Tue Nov 04, 2003 9:31 am

I played as a paladin, (nice mix bettween swords and magic), i will play it again as a wizard :D
"All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think we become."
-Buddha

Return to Role Playing, RTS & Racing