Pirates of the Caribbean

The strategy of playing ones role.
P R E Y

Pirates of the Caribbean

Postby P R E Y » Tue Oct 28, 2003 4:32 pm

I was in the mood for an RPG/ Adventure game and upon browsing the shelves today I noticed Pirates of the Caribbean and Gunmetal for a wallet freindly 30 pounds.

Now after playing POTC for an hour or so I really do like this game. The graphics are excellent and easily match up to other new games around at the moment, the control interface is a little cumbersome using default by can be altered to suit. Before I sail too far off into the horizon thinking Ive picked up a bargain some feedback from anyone out there who has played the game would be appreciated. Yes I know its not Gothic 2 but it seems decent enough under first impressions.

So then...anyone?

Gibby

Postby Gibby » Tue Oct 28, 2003 5:51 pm

YES! I love this game, everyone else seems to slate it. I think it's bloody wonderful, a fantastic game. Sometimes it feels very linear but then you remember how you can sail to anywhere and engage in sea battles/land battles with anyone. I was very surprised once when walking through a Jungle at night when I was attacked by two Skeleton Pirates, very unnerving and effective. Glad someone else likes it.

P R E Y

Postby P R E Y » Tue Oct 28, 2003 5:56 pm

Ermm...how do you equip your swashbuckling sword? I just cant seem to get the damn thing out, pardon the expression.

:oops:

Glad someone else bought it apart from me, how much have you played bud?.

Gibby

Postby Gibby » Tue Oct 28, 2003 6:01 pm

I take it you've equipped it? I think it's shift to On Garde yourself. He's very slick too... even has the obligatory 'free hand in the air' fencing pose.

I haven't played much, I'm at the bit where....

*SMALL SPOILER*

I've killed the Guide for the French armaments ship and claimed to be him to prevent the armaments ship getting to the fleet in the starting island. Forgot it's name.

*/SMALL SPOILER*

EDIT : Corrected some poor spelling :oops:
Last edited by Gibby on Tue Oct 28, 2003 6:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

P R E Y

Postby P R E Y » Tue Oct 28, 2003 6:02 pm

Cheers bud. :wink:

Gibby

Postby Gibby » Tue Oct 28, 2003 6:09 pm

Well I hope you enjoy the game. TIP : Don't attack anyone in your ship unless there are allies fighting them already, you'll get pummelled.

P R E Y

Postby P R E Y » Tue Oct 28, 2003 6:42 pm

Too late. :shock: :?

How do I land at a different island? I keep killing my entire crew and heading down to Davey Jones Locker. :roll:

Gibby

Postby Gibby » Tue Oct 28, 2003 7:56 pm

You press space bar near the coast of the Island, then when you're at sea you can use the quick travel to get to the port, then you moor. Easy.

Return to Role Playing, RTS & Racing