Page 1 of 2

Homeworld 2 - SP Campaign

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2003 9:57 am
by Smokey
Have just completed the 15 Mission Campaign and despite enjoying it, I really felt it lacked something.

The main problem I felt is, once you get to grips with how to play Homeworld 2, its too easy. I was playing on normal, maybe this was the problem? but some objectives would give you very little time to achieve but on the whole I never felt really threatened by the Vagyr

and thats the main point, the whole campaign see's you fleeing and trying to avoid mass contact with the vagyr, yet you never feel they are that overwhelming.

In last 2 Missions I'd say it was a dissapointment because I always felt that I was never really threatened by them.

Considering the Mothership is the key to your success in most Missions, it rarely was attacked for me.

So Im guessing the problem was I played on Normal?! :x

Just the Campaign never really sucked me in

Re: Homeworld 2 - SP Campaign

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2003 10:02 am
by Nilly
Smokey wrote:Have just completed the 15 Mission Campaign and despite enjoying it, I really felt it lacked something.

The main problem I felt is, once you get to grips with how to play Homeworld 2, its too easy. I was playing on normal, maybe this was the problem? but some objectives would give you very little time to achieve but on the whole I never felt really threatened by the Vagyr

and thats the main point, the whole campaign see's you fleeing and trying to avoid mass contact with the vagyr, yet you never feel they are that overwhelming.

In last 2 Missions I'd say it was a dissapointment because I always felt that I was never really threatened by them.

Considering the Mothership is the key to your success in most Missions, it rarely was attacked for me.

So Im guessing the problem was I played on Normal?! :x

Just the Campaign never really sucked me in


I'm on the fourth mission normal and finding it bloody hard. I cant build any more frigates(well i can but only one or two more,) i cant build any more fighters and i am not sure on corvettes.

But I am constantly being harrassed at my resources, taking away some of my valuble attack source and resources on gun platforms, and whenever i attack any of the three hyperdrive prohibitors i get completetly and utterly b0rked because they outnumber me 2 to 1.

So i dont know how you had it easy but i certainly aint :? .

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2003 2:12 pm
by Smokey
Yea it is quite hard up to and including Mission 4, this is because your very low on resources

After this however, resources are hardly a problem and indeed on the later missions you don't even need to send out resource collectors other than to repair capital ships.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2003 2:25 pm
by hostilex
im stuck on Mission 4 also

damn hard :?

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2003 2:28 pm
by Nilly
I'm thinking of scuttling many things and swapping them for pulsar gunships and bombers, however i dont know if that will do much better.


Still, multiplayer on this game is brilliant, and there is usually more than enough people there to ;) and single players brilliant also.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2003 4:06 pm
by hostilex
for mission 4:

just build millions of Pulsars and Frigates and its a piss take

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2003 5:13 pm
by Nilly
HostileX wrote:for mission 4:

just build millions of Pulsars and Frigates and its a piss take


Did that, walked all over the first hyperspace thingy, waited a while to rebuild my fleet went for the one in the middle and ran into a mass of assault frigates and missile corvettes, i was completly torn to peices.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2003 7:31 pm
by hostilex
the problem with HW games is that its impossible to enjoy yourself while playing them
because theyre too damn hard

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2003 10:03 am
by Nilly
HostileX wrote:the problem with HW games is that its impossible to enjoy yourself while playing them
because theyre too damn hard


i find em very fun indeedy, they are just really really difficult.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2003 10:31 am
by Smokey
OK, so Im just on my own then :?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2003 10:42 am
by Nilly
Smokey wrote:OK, so Im just on my own then :?



Yep, but have you tried the multiplayer side of things? very good indeed.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2003 1:30 am
by MiB
{lights a single candle in memory of the brilliance of homeworld}

such a game...


such a sequel... :cry:

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2003 9:31 am
by Akky
MiB wrote:{lights a single candle in memory of the brilliance of homeworld}

such a game...


such a sequel... :cry:



I can't tell whether you like or hate it from that?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2003 2:03 pm
by Smokey
I actually only played the demo of Homeworld so even though I never got into that game, I can see that Homeworld 2 actually hasn't really pushed the game forward much as a sequel

It does some really nice things and is a very balanced game, but even though I wasn't hyped up for this game I would have expected of them to add something to more radically change the strategy and gameplay. The subsystems is good, but I would have that to be an obvious addition when even Conflict Freespace had Sub Systems

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2003 2:40 pm
by Mogster
The 4th mission has sort of stopped me playing HW2, the Cd is just collecting dust now. I may go back to it though.

I'm sure I read somewhere that the game automatically adjusts the difficulty depending on how you perform in the previous mission. I took a few tries doing the previous mission getting it right, maybe it thinks I'm an RTS god now :(

MOG