Homeworld 2 - SP Campaign

The strategy of playing ones role.
Nilly

Postby Nilly » Sat Nov 01, 2003 2:50 pm

Mogster wrote:The 4th mission has sort of stopped me playing HW2, the Cd is just collecting dust now. I may go back to it though.

I'm sure I read somewhere that the game automatically adjusts the difficulty depending on how you perform in the previous mission. I took a few tries doing the previous mission getting it right, maybe it thinks I'm an RTS god now :(

MOG

It does? i think i might have done a little too well on the third mission, i hardly lost a ship i think.
eVol wrote:Nilly tops my cool peoples list! :D

Mogster

Postby Mogster » Sun Nov 02, 2003 8:41 pm

Neb wrote:
Mogster wrote:The 4th mission has sort of stopped me playing HW2, the Cd is just collecting dust now. I may go back to it though.

I'm sure I read somewhere that the game automatically adjusts the difficulty depending on how you perform in the previous mission. I took a few tries doing the previous mission getting it right, maybe it thinks I'm an RTS god now :(

MOG

It does? i think i might have done a little too well on the third mission, i hardly lost a ship i think.

Well I've tried the 4th mission again, H&D2 is stuck in the post :(

I managed to board the first hyperspace gate and though everything was going well. I'd already killed 3 carriers that were hanging around so I was starting to feel pretty comfortable.

Then about a minute later I was attacked by 20, yes 20 frigates and a cloud of various strike craft. There's no way I can deal with that many, do they just re-spawn through the hyperspace gets for ever untill you take them? Oh well back to the drawing board.

MOG
MOG

Nilly

Postby Nilly » Sun Nov 02, 2003 9:02 pm

Mogster wrote:
Neb wrote:

MOG

Well I've tried the 4th mission again, H&D2 is stuck in the post :(

I managed to board the first hyperspace gate and though everything was going well. I'd already killed 3 carriers that were hanging around so I was starting to feel pretty comfortable.

Then about a minute later I was attacked by 20, yes 20 frigates and a cloud of various strike craft. There's no way I can deal with that many, do they just re-spawn through the hyperspace gets for ever untill you take them? Oh well back to the drawing board.

MOG
MOG

I think they scripted the hyperspace gates to spawn em, at first its the carriers that dish em out, they just get so many assualt firgates and missile corvettes :shock: :shock: :shock: .
eVol wrote:Nilly tops my cool peoples list! :D

Mogster

Postby Mogster » Sat Nov 08, 2003 4:42 pm

Decided to destroy the 3 hyperspace gates last night, to see what happens. It didn't seem to make any difference, after a couple of minutes the 20+ frigates and a million strike craft appeared to kick my arse.

More scouting has revealed the enemy has 4 or so extra carriers lurking on the far left of the map :(

MOG

Previous

Return to Role Playing, RTS & Racing