MMO Game Discussion

The strategy of playing ones role.
User avatar
Nilly
 
Posts: 10603
Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2003 4:58 pm
Location: Nottingham

Postby Nilly » Sat Nov 01, 2003 10:17 pm

gunner_uk2000 wrote:well you could still have missions to do, get money, buy better stuff.

ie so you have a better gun, which does more damage, but it's down to you to hit them with it, so if you miss, and he shots you in the head with a pistol you lose the fight ie because YOU mucked it up, and NOT because a 6 was rolled.


I'd rather settle for a pistol if the bigger gun was like that, whats the point in having a bigger and more poweful gun in a pistol shot to the head kills you eh? realism stops that method, and i'd like the pistol anyway, always prefer them over big weapons, hgowever i always end up using the big weapons *grumble*.
eVol wrote:Nilly tops my cool peoples list! :D

User avatar
Gunner
 
Posts: 6429
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2003 1:22 pm
Location: National Portrait Gallery... Being Hypnotised

Postby Gunner » Sat Nov 01, 2003 10:38 pm

Neb wrote:
gunner_uk2000 wrote:well you could still have missions to do, get money, buy better stuff.

ie so you have a better gun, which does more damage, but it's down to you to hit them with it, so if you miss, and he shots you in the head with a pistol you lose the fight ie because YOU mucked it up, and NOT because a 6 was rolled.


I'd rather settle for a pistol if the bigger gun was like that, whats the point in having a bigger and more poweful gun in a pistol shot to the head kills you eh? realism stops that method, and i'd like the pistol anyway, always prefer them over big weapons, hgowever i always end up using the big weapons *grumble*.


ie to kill with one shot with the pistol you need a headshot, or the bloke who got shot might not have that good armor, (as he spent his money on the better gun), etc.

i could go on all night but you get the idea.
"All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think we become."
-Buddha

User avatar
Nilly
 
Posts: 10603
Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2003 4:58 pm
Location: Nottingham

Postby Nilly » Sat Nov 01, 2003 10:43 pm

gunner_uk2000 wrote:
Neb wrote:
gunner_uk2000 wrote:well you could still have missions to do, get money, buy better stuff.

ie so you have a better gun, which does more damage, but it's down to you to hit them with it, so if you miss, and he shots you in the head with a pistol you lose the fight ie because YOU mucked it up, and NOT because a 6 was rolled.


I'd rather settle for a pistol if the bigger gun was like that, whats the point in having a bigger and more poweful gun in a pistol shot to the head kills you eh? realism stops that method, and i'd like the pistol anyway, always prefer them over big weapons, hgowever i always end up using the big weapons *grumble*.


ie to kill with one shot with the pistol you need a headshot, or the bloke who got shot might not have that good armor, (as he spent his money on the better gun), etc.

i could go on all night but you get the idea.


Yes i suppose i do, but i'm not sure if anyone else does, but i always tend to go for a upper torso/ headshot if i use a pistol, i see your point though.

Theres still those bastards you jump around the place so you can hardly shoot them though.
eVol wrote:Nilly tops my cool peoples list! :D

User avatar
Vidrageon
 
Posts: 12809
Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2003 5:37 pm
Location: London

Postby Vidrageon » Sun Nov 02, 2003 12:33 am

B1tch wrote:Yes Vid, but that system was also a load of old ballhang wasn't it?

A mate of mine played UO for ages, and I used to watch him when I popped over. He had macro's set up, for example to hide and then unhide. When we came to go to the pub or whatever, he would leave the game running, with the macro running merrily away, locked in his house hiding and unhiding. Every few times, he gains a fraction of a percent increase.

Now I don't know about you, and I couldn't get him to see, but this isn't gameplay, it is purest pointless tedium. As to the gaming side of it, when he used his uber-hide skill, he hadn't really 'earned' it in any sense of the word.

Totally pointless, and totally the point of my initial post.



A lot of people did that, and I agree, that's complete BS. Some servers I played on (re: all but 2) made it illegal, earn your skill. The GMs patrolled vigilantly and banned all macroers. People had to earn their skill, and it was an rp shard too, so it wasn't really about the skill. And most people use

User avatar
Vidrageon
 
Posts: 12809
Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2003 5:37 pm
Location: London

Postby Vidrageon » Sun Nov 02, 2003 12:35 am

Neb wrote:(and the fact you can play the whole game without leaving one of the citys :? which i will of course if i ever get it :P).


Same with most RP UO Shards, Nebby mate.

User avatar
Nilly
 
Posts: 10603
Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2003 4:58 pm
Location: Nottingham

Postby Nilly » Sun Nov 02, 2003 10:41 am

Vidrageon wrote:
Neb wrote:(and the fact you can play the whole game without leaving one of the citys :? which i will of course if i ever get it :P).


Same with most RP UO Shards, Nebby mate.



Yeah but thats 2d(not that thats a bad thing of course,) :P, its the fact that its keeping everything to warhammer worlds scale thats the nice thing :P .
eVol wrote:Nilly tops my cool peoples list! :D

User avatar
Gunner
 
Posts: 6429
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2003 1:22 pm
Location: National Portrait Gallery... Being Hypnotised

Postby Gunner » Sun Nov 02, 2003 4:25 pm

Neb wrote:
gunner_uk2000 wrote:
Neb wrote:
gunner_uk2000 wrote:well you could still have missions to do, get money, buy better stuff.

ie so you have a better gun, which does more damage, but it's down to you to hit them with it, so if you miss, and he shots you in the head with a pistol you lose the fight ie because YOU mucked it up, and NOT because a 6 was rolled.


I'd rather settle for a pistol if the bigger gun was like that, whats the point in having a bigger and more poweful gun in a pistol shot to the head kills you eh? realism stops that method, and i'd like the pistol anyway, always prefer them over big weapons, hgowever i always end up using the big weapons *grumble*.


ie to kill with one shot with the pistol you need a headshot, or the bloke who got shot might not have that good armor, (as he spent his money on the better gun), etc.

i could go on all night but you get the idea.


Yes i suppose i do, but i'm not sure if anyone else does, but i always tend to go for a upper torso/ headshot if i use a pistol, i see your point though.

Theres still those bastards you jump around the place so you can hardly shoot them though.


have a stamina bar to stop them, or make it realistic like in BF1942, where jumping about the place slows you down.
"All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think we become."
-Buddha

User avatar
Nilly
 
Posts: 10603
Joined: Wed Oct 08, 2003 4:58 pm
Location: Nottingham

Postby Nilly » Sun Nov 02, 2003 6:55 pm

gunner_uk2000 wrote:
Neb wrote:
gunner_uk2000 wrote:
Neb wrote:
gunner_uk2000 wrote:well you could still have missions to do, get money, buy better stuff.

ie so you have a better gun, which does more damage, but it's down to you to hit them with it, so if you miss, and he shots you in the head with a pistol you lose the fight ie because YOU mucked it up, and NOT because a 6 was rolled.


I'd rather settle for a pistol if the bigger gun was like that, whats the point in having a bigger and more poweful gun in a pistol shot to the head kills you eh? realism stops that method, and i'd like the pistol anyway, always prefer them over big weapons, hgowever i always end up using the big weapons *grumble*.


ie to kill with one shot with the pistol you need a headshot, or the bloke who got shot might not have that good armor, (as he spent his money on the better gun), etc.

i could go on all night but you get the idea.


Yes i suppose i do, but i'm not sure if anyone else does, but i always tend to go for a upper torso/ headshot if i use a pistol, i see your point though.

Theres still those bastards you jump around the place so you can hardly shoot them though.


have a stamina bar to stop them, or make it realistic like in BF1942, where jumping about the place slows you down.


Theres probably a flaw somewhere, there must be, otherwise people would probably have thought of it, sorry if i am just being difficult and negative here. Still that would be good for an mmshooter, but not a mmorpg.

:? .
eVol wrote:Nilly tops my cool peoples list! :D

User avatar
Gunner
 
Posts: 6429
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2003 1:22 pm
Location: National Portrait Gallery... Being Hypnotised

Postby Gunner » Sun Nov 02, 2003 8:22 pm

i suppose it wouldn't be a MMORPG, more what Planetside should have been.

btw, do they take Solo on EVE?
"All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think we become."
-Buddha

Previous

Return to Role Playing, RTS & Racing

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 2 guests