Slay the Spire

The strategy of playing ones role.
DjchunKfunK

Slay the Spire

Postby DjchunKfunK » Fri Mar 23, 2018 9:54 pm

Thought I would make a new thread for this.

Had a really good run on the daily today. Managed to beat the final boss with 100% of my health left. Went with a low card strength build and when combined with the Slow debuff that was part of the daily run I was wrecking people. However I only managed to get around 870 points which was a bit disappointing, I thought I would get more than that. It wasn't until floor 3 that I really hit my stride so on the second floor I skipped a few elites which would have helped my score.

Just a bit of information for people. Question marks and Elites give the most points towards your score, so try and hit as many of those as you can when doing a daily run.
Check out my new gaming blog Player State. Updated every Wednesday.

Sly Boots
MILF

Re: Slay the Spire

Postby Sly Boots » Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:04 pm

Was going to message you earlier to say you should play the daily today as it was a lot of fun :)

Yeah, wrecked the final boss today, had a pretty small deck still by the end, 20 cards, a bunch of which were focused on buffing strength (had two upgraded flex, two upgraded inflames and two of the ones that double your strength upgraded, which meant none of those exhausted and had some card draw also that kept those cycling through. By the end of the last boss fight I think I was on 80 strength or thereabouts and dealt a killing blow of over 300 or something :)

Good game, will be interesting to see what else they add as this goes through EA, hopefully at least one more character and a new mode or two.
My face is tired.

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:09 pm

Haha, that's almost exactly the same deck as I had. Tons of strength.

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:09 am

Another good one today. You get an unwieldy deck (starting with 50 cards, by the end I had 75) but it's geared around giving you curses and making you stronger and giving you vast hp for each one. By the end I had a dozen curses in the deck, giving me an absurd starting strength, and thanks to a relic I bought from a merchant I had an upgraded whirlwind in my starting hand each time. The last floor was trivial, killing everything on the first turn, and wrecked the final boss in two turns. All told, finished the run in just over 30 mins, despite not rushing particularly.

My best daily score to date, 942 today. :D
My face is tired.

Medicine Man

Postby Medicine Man » Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:22 pm

I'm not listening la la la la la.

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Sat Mar 24, 2018 9:45 pm

Do it, precious. Loves it, you will!
My face is tired.

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Sun Mar 25, 2018 3:59 pm

Didn't get a chance to play yesterday, but did today. Finished on 1164 which I thought was OK until I saw the leaderboard. :P

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:37 am

A pretty easy daily today, but I only ended up with 880. I really need to look into how I can boost my score a bit more.

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:29 pm

1061 today, my highest yet, so chuffed with that - puts me in the mid-6,000s for the day. :D

It just got insane by the second act - had a variety of strength-buffing cards (many for 0 cost, like flex and Jax), and had made my 3 mind blasts innate with an upgrade, which together combined meant I was just nuking elites on the first turn, each mind blast by then hitting for 60-odd damage (I also had bought the pen nib artifact, which meant every 10th attack was double-damage, so on occasion those were hitting for 120-odd). Then got the 'You are nothing' achievement for killing the Collector on turn 1 in that fashion - my starting hand being the three mind blasts, three flex and something else, inflame I think.

Third act I took a path that contained a bunch of elites, which probably helped my score a bit.

Was a lot of fun that, maybe the best one yet (that I've done).
My face is tired.

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:20 pm

Currently on sale on Humble Bundle. You know you want to MM.

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/slay-the-spire

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Mon Mar 26, 2018 6:38 pm

Bargain! Do it MM :)
My face is tired.

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:47 am

Didn't do so well today, lost to the final boss (Time Eater) after getting him down to 10hp. Had a decent, fairly small (22 cards) deck, but losing hp with every room is a bit limiting. Found a couple of relics that boosted it, but only got Feed late on and was only able to use it a couple of times, so by the final fight was down to 57hp. Although the deck was decent, never really felt like it was OP and took a fair bit of strategy in the fights to make it work.

Oh well.
My face is tired.

Medicine Man

Postby Medicine Man » Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:42 am

DjchunKfunK wrote:Currently on sale on Humble Bundle. You know you want to MM.

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/slay-the-spire

:-k

Curse you foul temptress. :D

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Sat May 05, 2018 7:45 am

Not sure if you seen already Dj (or MM who will buy this game dammit!), but they've released a third character. You have to go into the game's settings and opt in to the beta (unfortunately losing all the unlocks for the current two characters in the process).

It's a very different style of character, not entirely sure how I feel about it, but I've made it past the first two bosses somehow so somehow it's working :lol:
My face is tired.

Medicine Man

Postby Medicine Man » Sat May 05, 2018 10:27 am

I went to buy it when it was on sale the last time, but ended up leaving it too late and missed it by 2 mins.

I was very upset, but I will pick it up for sure the next time it's on sale. Honest. :D

Next

Return to Role Playing, RTS & Racing