Caring.

:lol:

Hey, I'm uncaring and antisocial!
My face is tired.

DjchunKfunK

Re: Let's Play: Rimworld!

Postby DjchunKfunK » Mon Nov 27, 2017 1:32 pm

I look pretty hench.
Check out my new gaming blog Player State. Updated every Wednesday.

Raid
Duke of Preys-World

Postby Raid » Mon Nov 27, 2017 2:34 pm

Episode 2: Preppers

Realising that storing the food and medical supplies outside without even a roof over them, we decide to build a storeroom for perishables. Dj and Jez get on with the labour, while Sly... sweeps up after the mountain chopping. She doesn't want Ernesto getting his paws cut open on little slivers of rock! The party get some sandbags set up around the house to ensure that if the locals turn hostile, they have something to crouch behind while riddling them with holes.

Her important sweeping done and annoyed by the constant noise of cabin construction, Sly decides to lie among the trees watching the clouds. Realising that their emergency rations aren't going to last forever, Jez and Dj get started on a workroom and kitchen.

After clearing a sizeable portion of land next to the house, Jez puts his green thumbs to work and starts work on some planting. Meanwhile Dj gets mauled by a crazed hare. Sly, busy with important science at her new research table, sighs, gets up, and blows its head off with her rifle. Dj goes to bed to sleep off the terrible injury.

Oh dear. Apparently the local fauna are riddled with disease and Dj's wound is infected. Given nobody has any medical training, this could be bad...
Last edited by Raid on Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:20 pm

Just chop it off, I'll be fine.
Check out my new gaming blog Player State. Updated every Wednesday.

Snowy
Metal as Fuck

Postby Snowy » Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:38 pm

Put me on the death-list, RNG fine with me :)
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.

Raid
Duke of Preys-World

Postby Raid » Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:56 pm

DjchunKfunK wrote:Just chop it off, I'll be fine.

That's certainly an option, if you have a doctor. There is nobody with medical knowledge in Praise World. You're all pretty good at putting holes in things, not closing them back up.

Raid
Duke of Preys-World

Postby Raid » Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:40 pm

Episode 3: Hare today, gone tomorrow

Dj is still trying to sleep off the infected hare bite, and without the expertise to help fix him up, Sly and Jez are forced to... go about doing things they both enjoy. Jez continues planting his crops, and Sly finds something to shoot. Everyone will be eating well tonight!

Bored of bedrest, Dj gets up and starts hunting too. He's not going to sit around being useless and, well, ignored. That gammy leg of his won't stop him trying to hunt one of the fastest land animals.

Yeah, this is getting quite serious now. Dj's only chance now is for a wandering doctor to spontaneously appear, which doesn't seem very likely. Sly continues to mutter about having to share a room with him; that infection isn't very nice on the nostrils.

Sadly, no wandering doctor ever approached the compound and Dj dies in his sleep. Perhaps enraged at the loss of one of his precious humans, Ernesto becomes crazed, attacking the others. They try to hide in the newly built "medical center" (Sly just couldn't stand the smell any longer so had Jez build a new room for the injured), but it's no use; Ernesto charges through the house and bites Jez. Sly puts him down. Ernesto that is, not Jez.

But there's no time to rest up or grieve, a terrifying looking man who announces himself as "Vector, Kingpin of the Manic Tigers!" charges the camp wielding a fearsome marble mace. Sly and the injured Jez take up a defensive position and manage to take down the crazed brute just before he gets his first swing in.

Having witnessed too much death recently, the two remaining Forumites decide to not deal a fatal blow, and Vector is taken to the medical center. Having only had time to bury Dj in a nice plot overlooking a nearby pond, Ernesto's body remains, and both Jez and Sly collapse from exhaustion. It's been a bad day on Praise World.
Last edited by Raid on Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Mon Nov 27, 2017 4:50 pm

:o

I turn my back for five minutes and Dj's dead and I had to shoot my dog :lol:

Oh dear. I recommend fashioning some kind of secure cell for the prisoner, as they'll be hostile when (if) they regain consciousness. The good news is you can sometimes recruit prisoners over time, the mechanic for it is similar to domesticating animals.

Also worried about Jez's wounds. *readies gun*

Edit: could no-one have used one of the medical packs on Dj? I don't think you need too much medical knowledge to wield one of those.
My face is tired.

Raid
Duke of Preys-World

Postby Raid » Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:09 pm

Nothing I tried seemed to work. Dj was the only one who I could set the "Doctor" work assignment to, and he didn't seem able to heal himself.

I'm actually an episode ahead of this (and it's a doozy), but I'll ask for future reference. What do I need to do to build a secure prisoner room? When I set the medical room beds to be for prisoners, the entire room flashed and the other two beds changed as well; does that indicate that the room is now a prison?

Incidentally, the actual writing and screenshot posting is taking far more time to do than the actual gameplay (everything I've posted so far can't have taken more than an hour). Maybe it's because it's the start of a game and so everything feels significant, but I could maybe do with streamlining my process a little. Would people mind too much if I just linked to an Imgur gallery rather than posting everything here? It's a little easier to organise.
Last edited by Raid on Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mantis
Admin

Postby Mantis » Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:11 pm

I'm not sure exactly how humane it really is to not deliver a killing blow to a guy who is suffering from extreme blood loss due to gunshot wounds. If he wakes up at all the guy is going to be delirious and in agony.

Raid
Duke of Preys-World

Postby Raid » Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:14 pm

Well, the guy did charge them with a sodding mace made from marble after their friend had died and they'd just shot their dog. I think the trauma of having to put another human out of their misery would have been too much.

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:24 pm

Raid wrote:Nothing I tried seemed to work. Dj was the only one who I could set the "Doctor" work assignment to, and he didn't seem able to heal himself.

I'm actually an episode ahead of this (and it's a doozy), but I'll ask for future reference. What do I need to do to build a secure prisoner room? When I set the medical room beds to be for prisoners, the entire room flashed and the other two beds changed as well; does that indicate that the room is now a prison?

Incidentally, the actual writing and screenshot posting is taking far more time to do than the actual gameplay (everything I've posted so far can't have taken more than an hour). Maybe it's because it's the start of a game and so everything feels significant, but I could maybe do with streamlining my process a little. Would people mind too much if I just linked to an Imgur gallery rather than posting everything here? It's a little easier to organise.

It's been too long since I played to remember the specifics of making a cell, I don't recall them being too tricky, though. As long as the door is locked and the beds are for prisoners, think it should be ok?

I'm enjoying the posting style as well, and remember the faff well from my Neo Scavenger Let's Play a while back. FWIW it works well, but could always do more textual description of what's taken place and occasional images to show how the settlement is progressing?
My face is tired.

Snowy
Metal as Fuck

Postby Snowy » Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:33 pm

From memory (been a while for me too) if you set beds up as being medical beds, it makes the room a medical speciality. If you make prison beds, the same. I could be wrong though :D
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.

Raid
Duke of Preys-World

Postby Raid » Mon Nov 27, 2017 5:42 pm

Sly Boots wrote: but could always do more textual description of what's taken place and occasional images to show how the settlement is progressing?

So you want me to make it take longer then. When I'm trying to streamline so I can play the game more. :P

I'll give the Imgur link thing a try, see how people like it.

Snowy wrote:From memory (been a while for me too) if you set beds up as being medical beds, it makes the room a medical speciality. If you make prison beds, the same. I could be wrong though :D

Hmm, setting a single bed in the main barrack to medical use didn't change the other beds in that same room, whereas the prisoner bed did change the others. Maybe it was because the other three beds in the room were already claimed by someone?

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing, RTS & Racing