Dungeons 3 out Friday!

The strategy of playing ones role.
DjchunKfunK

Dungeons 3 out Friday!

Postby DjchunKfunK » Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:45 am

This has completely snuck up on me, but Dungeons 3 is out on Friday. I really enjoyed the second game, it was a nice mix of dungeon building and RTS, although I hope they have done a bit more on the overland RTS stuff because it was a bit basic. I think I'll pick it up as I have credit on a site which is selling it for around £25.

Check out my new gaming blog Player State. Updated every Wednesday.

Subway Diet

Re: Dungeons 3 out Friday!

Postby Subway Diet » Tue Oct 10, 2017 4:39 pm

Yeah. Just saw that myself. What a pleasant surprise!

Enjoyed Dungeons 2 a whole lot and will certainly give this one a shot.
End of an Era

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:47 am

Picked this up and played the first couple of levels last night.

It is very much more of the same which is both good and bad. The comedy is laid on a lot more thickly this time and mostly misses the mark because of that, however the game itself is still fun and I can easily tune out the narration. The core loop of building dungeons and then going out into the overworld to destroy enemies is still fun although they have made a bit of a mess with the UI this time around, everything is in a pop out menu at the side of the screen so you can end up scrolling the screen whilst trying to access it. Everything does have a hot key though so your best bet is to learn them.

I think the biggest change is that there is a new resource which you need to get in order to buy some of the upgrades. This resource is only available by going out into the overworld and taking over certain areas. This forces you to move out of your dungeon early rather than just sitting tight, defending against attacks, whilst you build up a big army.

I'm having fun despite the poor comedy, but much like Dungeons 2 I feel that once I have seen all the new buildings and monsters I will soon get bored of the gameplay loop.

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Wed Oct 18, 2017 10:12 am

Props to Realmforge, they fixed the UI issue so now the tab permanently stays on the screen, makes things a whole lot easier.

Return to Role Playing, RTS & Racing