Divinity Original Sin 2: Out Sept 14th

The strategy of playing ones role.
Jez

Re: Divinity Original Sin 2: Out Sept 14th

Postby Jez » Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:40 am

And I think it's clicked now. Levelled up a few times and managed to get some skills bought for the gang. The rogue now especially has some great moves I picked a couple of nice daggers from dropping the flenser which have significantly helped her. I've turned the Red Prince into a pyromaniac necromancer.

So yeah the gang so far is me as Fane, sebille the rogue, redprince as above, and I'm kinda not sure on my 4th, I've only found the grizzled man that's a lone wolf and the bard type lady with the demon in her. Am I missing someone out here?

Edwin
the cunt

Postby Edwin » Sat Sep 23, 2017 12:10 pm

Have you found Beast? He's the pirate dwarf, so obviously you need him.
second_base wrote:You need to fuck off now...like right now dude.

Parv wrote:Edwin has been my least favourite forumite for a long time now.

Jez

Postby Jez » Sat Sep 23, 2017 1:39 pm

Yeah sorry he is one of my 4 currently. So the ones left out are grizzled man and bard type woman.

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:42 pm

Fwiw, I've heard there's quite a nice pay-off for taking the possessed bard lady and seeing her personal story through to completion, I don't know specifics but it's intrigued me enough to want to take her on a subsequent play-through.
My face is tired.

Jez

Postby Jez » Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:46 pm

Yeah i liked her when I had her in the party. I haven't yet left fort joy so I'll make a final decision on the party soon. I do want to keep the rogue and the Red Prince so it's really just who to put into that 4th slot out of the remaining lot. Think I will go with bard lady she was quite funny.

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:04 pm

Beast's story is also, dare I say, a bit boring. I don't think I'm all that far from completing it, and of his, Red Prince's, Ifan's and Fane's stories (ie my party), Beast's is definitely, in my opinion at least, the least interesting.
My face is tired.

Jez

Postby Jez » Sat Sep 23, 2017 5:20 pm

Cheers sly you made my mind up then for me :)

Jez

Postby Jez » Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:11 pm

I totally love this at the moment. Very unjustified what I'd said earlier. Needed to give it time to come into it's own.

It's so much better now that I have a repertoire of skills on each character that I can mull over to use in different situations. The story is pulling me in a lot more now also now. I've only just escaped fort joy into hollow marshes i left no magister alive in there. There were ways to leave without mass murder but I wanted the XP so I went postal on them.

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:36 pm

Another convert, huzzah! :)
My face is tired.

Jez

Postby Jez » Mon Sep 25, 2017 7:37 am

Yeah it's really clicked now. This is why the forum here is great. If I hadn't been in this thread reading about it and getting the little tips from you guys I'd have given up hours ago and moved onto something else. Find myself day dreaming about playing it now.

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Mon Sep 25, 2017 8:32 am

Hah - me too. Walk back from dropping off the kids at school, brain chuntering away over the quests I wanted to finish up today :lol:

Had a funny thing happen last night. I won't name specifics as they're by the by really and naming names would make it spoilerific. But suffice to say, at the end of one long quest chain that started at the beginning of the game, I rescued a certain character and reunited them with a certain companion. I was given various choices, varying from 'kill them' to reconciling them completely, which I chose to do.

"Well then, I shall see you back at home where all this mess will be sorted out!" they cried, and scampered off.

Great, I thought. That was a satisfying conclusion.

Not three seconds later, a window pops up telling me that quest has been updated. Let's check out what it says, I think.

"X is dead" reads the new entry.

I think WTF and prepare to launch into a diatribe about broken quest chains, but retrace my steps to see if I can figure out what happened. Not a dozen feet from our heart-warming reunion scene, the character is lying dead on the floor. Turns out they'd run slap-bang into a cloud of death-fog I'd accidentally released during an awkward fight to reach them.

"Bollocks!" was my first thought, followed by a wry chuckle. Whoops.

I could have left it as it was and I suspect nothing from then on would have been any different, but having chosen to let them live I wanted to see that through, so ended up reloading to a previous save and having to re-do the aforementioned awkward fight... this time being bloody careful my aoe attacks didn't catch any deathfog barrels. :lol:
My face is tired.

Jez

Postby Jez » Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:55 am

Isn't that more a case of poor pathfinding by the AI though? Surely they shouldn't have wandered straight into that.

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Mon Sep 25, 2017 9:59 am

Jez wrote:Isn't that more a case of poor pathfinding by the AI though? Surely they shouldn't have wandered straight into that.

Probably. I still found it amusing nonetheless.
My face is tired.

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:13 pm

... and finished.

Bloody good game, had me enjoying it right to the end, and tellingly have already created another character to start again. We'll see how far I get though as it's a big game and big time commitment.

What I will say is that I played in explorer mode until the end... and there are fights that I have no idea how I would beat on classic mode or above. I kept meaning to bump the difficulty up, but never found a point in the game where I thought 'I'm cruising this, I need more of a challenge'. Second playthrough I've just begun is classic mode, but we'll have to see what happens.
My face is tired.

katarn

Postby katarn » Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:21 pm

So is it just the amount of HP the enemies have that's the difference?

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing, RTS & Racing