Dave's Dogma: Dark Aroma

The strategy of playing ones role.
Jez

Re: Dave's Dogma: Dark Aroma

Postby Jez » Mon Aug 28, 2017 6:15 pm

Sorry none of that was meant to be criticism as such Dave hope you didn't take it as so :) just some points for improving the craft I suppose and I'd had a few ales so it was written a bit more tersely than normal.

I promise I'll buy this if there's a real dry spell. I can't bring myself to spend money on it (little as it is) at moment.

Prey
Admin

Postby Prey » Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:47 am

It wasn't taken as such Jez man. I just felt a few things needing explaining was all. :)

Finally got the Immortal's helm which was a very tough fight but worth it I just need to enhance to lvl 3 now.

"A helm that evokes the inexhaustible vitality of the Hydra. It continuously restores the Health of its wearer."

Rusty

Postby Rusty » Tue Aug 29, 2017 1:38 pm

So, I can combine stuff... what should I be combing/using? I got herbs coming out of my ears. I've picked up loads of potions but haven't used any yet.

Prey
Admin

Postby Prey » Tue Aug 29, 2017 2:11 pm

Greenwarish + Sweet Pollen = Potent Greenwarish
Potent Greenwarish + Curious Wine / Cloudwine = Matured Greenwarish

(Any) Nut + Harspud Milk = Cloudwine
Small Nut + Harspud Juice = Rousing Incense
Small Nut + Harspud Sauce = Rousing Perfume
Large Nut + Harpud Juice = Balmy Incense
Large Nut + Harspud Sauce = Balmy Perfume

Rotten Scrag of Beast / Rotten Beast-Steak + Hunk of Ore* = Backfat Oil

Backfat Oil + Empty Flask = 3x Flask of Oil
Backfat Oil + (Miscellaneous) Branch = Oil Arrows

(Poisonous) Mushroom + (Miscellaneous) Branch = Poison Arrows

Miasmite Shard + Firefly Stone = Miasmite
Miasmite + Cedar Branch = Silencer Arrows

Quill + Festival Pie = Blinder Arrow
Rotten Egg + (Miscellaneous) Branch = Blinder Arrow

Preserved Rotten Ambrosial Steak + Spring Water = Preserved Ambrosial Steak

http://dragonsdogma.wikia.com/wiki/Combining

Prey
Admin

Postby Prey » Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:16 am

Last night I ended up back on Bitterblack Isle or BBI as its known to its fans. On my previous visit I had found a very nice ring that allowed me to sell to vendors at a huge increase meaning I now have in excess of 3 Million gold sat in my purse. What I also found however was that I had entered areas in this area that are intended for level 70, at level 55. Woops. So you can imagine my first large encounter that saw me have to go up against a large troll that had not just the one but seven health bars. SEVEN. Me being me I decided to see what kind of damage I could do before getting the hell out of there and no word of a lie it took me well over 25 minutes just to deplete its first health bar, only six left to go...yeah let's GTFO. And even that was only because I had managed to climb to a higher ledge and just rained down thunder, ice and fire attacks on it as it ran around below. I've read that BBI has an additional 30 hours of gameplay on top of the main campaign and you can also pick up rift shards and cursed gear that you can then use the rift shards to cleanse via a nice lady stood at the entrance outside bagging yourself some of the higher rated gear in the game in the process.

So obviously I still have a tonne of stuff to do in the main campaign although I feel like I've now uncovered much of the map there's so many caves and castles and the like I've yet to even enter as one castle in particular requires you to wear a certain type of armour set to blag your way inside only I er, sold it for gold without realising what it was for long ago and now I don't remember where I got it from. :lol: So that's one quest fucked up for now.

I've never reached level 50+ in an RPG before and still very much felt like I'm still in the lower ranges as yet unable to enter places unless I want my arse handed to me in an instant. I'm sure there are some out there I just never played them. I did manage to bag myself two of the higher tier pawns on the pawns of the month list at pretty low prices and they have come in as a great help so far. If you just scroll down in the actual list you will see not everyone is asking for 9 Million to use their pretty damn respectable but hella pricey pawns. Greedy gits.

Spoiler: show
Anyway at roughly the 80 hours mark I killed the first main Dragon (there's other yet still) and everything around me I had known as it was for so long very much went to shit forcing my character to seek shelter in the realms of the main hub of The Everfall. You get some really nice stuff for completing him and it very much feels like one ending of the game is very much the beginning of an entire other chapter and I'm still only lvl 57 yet. After receiving upgraded armour and weaponry I now feel much more ready to take on the higher level threats that roam around the many many levels of The Everfall region.

Rusty

Postby Rusty » Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:56 pm

Do any of the websites have suggested levels to do quests? I nearly stopped playing the game as it went stupid hard with no warning. I came back after I'd levelled a bit and it was still tough but doable.
I'm level 32 Magic Archer just about to head off to kill me a griffin (hopefully)

Prey
Admin

Postby Prey » Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:43 am

I know this is going to sound bad but the game is intended as being as adaptable as possible so that if you ever come across a foe that is too tough you simply play the retreat card or find a safe place and use a stone. You can often bypass difficult foes by simply running to the next door if need be. Just remember though quests that appear on notice boards only appear as you level so these are the closest thing to having something you should be able to tackle as you go.

Fully understand that the game can come across as both confusing and frustrating at times due to the lack of a recommended quest level and the frankly awful questing system they decided to go with but again the story very much snaps together as you progress and the difficulty is intended to stay as balanced as possible as it goes. Stick to the immediate areas as much as possible and start placing portcrystals as you receive them. Trust me man when you return to specific areas you struggled with earlier and kick their arses it does feel extremely satisfying.

I myself looked all over for a level guide and never found a single one. I'm now level 73 and deep in Everfall and I'm still running away from some things that roam the halls inside there. I will be back though, oh yes. I will be back.

Good luck with the Griffin man.

Previous

Return to Role Playing, RTS & Racing