BattleTech.

The strategy of playing ones role.
Lee

BattleTech.

Postby Lee » Wed Sep 07, 2016 4:11 am

I was sure there was already a thread on this game but couldn't find it.

So as you know it went to kickstarter last year and was funded within the hour and they been steadily working on it and showing off some teaser videos of the alpha so far.

If you haven't seen the nice little 23 min demo video they put here it is

Formerly MrAnnoyed

Snowy
Metal as Fuck

Re: BattleTech.

Postby Snowy » Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:35 am

That was quite pleasing, with the exception of the commentary which was a bit overly nerdy for my tastes.

I used to have a MW game on either the Amiga or my first PC, a hex based RPG, and I loved it. Never managed to finish it but then it was back in the days where games were cunting hard and you could make choices which made them ubercunting hard without knowing it. IIRC I got up to a bit where I had to fight in an arena and just couldn't win, but I could be wrong. I loved that you could get out of your mighty mech and run around as a little squidgy human, and never tired of squishing humans who I caught when I was in my stomper.

When this opened up I went from "Oooooh looks purdy" to "Noooo it's a fucking RTS, what absolute ballhang" to "Oh you beauty, a turn-based strategy" in the space of around a minute. It looks pretty fucking tasty I reckon, will keep an eye on this.

EDIT: Just googled it, it was either BattleTech: The Crescent Hawk's Inception or BattleTech: The Crescent Hawk's Revenge that I had. I think it was the first one, and hadn't realised that they were by Westwood!
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.

Lee

Postby Lee » Tue Sep 13, 2016 11:00 am

What's wrong with nerdy! :P

Oh I wouldn't mind a RTS game of the same as I liked the Mech Commander games from Microsoft. This will be the first turnbased mech game for me.
Formerly MrAnnoyed

Raid
Duke of Preys-World

Postby Raid » Tue Sep 13, 2016 5:32 pm

I'm quite looking forward to this too.

They've licenced the excellent Mech redesigns from Mechwarrior Online (not the actual assets, just the concept art), which are for the most part vastly less goofy looking than the originals.

Return to Role Playing, RTS & Racing