Gwent - The Witcher Card Game Coming

The strategy of playing ones role.
Prey
Admin

Gwent - The Witcher Card Game Coming

Postby Prey » Wed Jun 08, 2016 2:09 pm

Gwent is becoming a stand-alone game according to a new trademark and logo registered by CD Projekt. The card game included in The Witcher 3 obtained a positive outcome, so much that Polish publisher decided to create a title for it. The trademark was filled with class 9 and 41 (videogames, software, etc.) into the European Union Intellectual Property Office two days ago (June 6th), with what seems to be the official logo.

http://nerdleaks.com/videogames/cd-proj ... d-game-278

Sly Boots
MILF

Re: Gwent - The Witcher Card Game Coming

Postby Sly Boots » Wed Jun 08, 2016 2:13 pm

:shock:
My face is tired.

Prey
Admin

Postby Prey » Wed Jun 08, 2016 2:19 pm

Goodbye Sly, it was nice knowing you... :lol:

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Wed Jun 08, 2016 2:44 pm

It was already touch and go, as I'd ordered the limited edition card set the issued for the release of Blood and Wine :lol:
My face is tired.

eVoL

Postby eVoL » Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:03 pm

I dont get it! Its the worst thing in the game!
Wouldst thou like to live deliciously?

Jez

Postby Jez » Wed Jun 08, 2016 10:19 pm

Theres a coat and a taxi with your name on it in the mortal combat thread :)

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Thu Jun 09, 2016 9:38 am

eVoL wrote:I dont get it! Its the worst thing in the game!

This.

CCGs seem to be this years MOBAS.
Check out my new gaming blog Player State. Updated every Wednesday.

eVoL

Postby eVoL » Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:17 am

Yeah but there's not much in the way of the G part of CCG. I was proper looking forward to having a cool CCG to play in the game and when Gwent top trumps showed up I backed out quick! The Bioware minigames were better!
Jez wrote:Theres a coat and a taxi with your name on it in the mortal combat thread :)

WTF is mortal combat? :p
Wouldst thou like to live deliciously?

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:23 am

So you gave next to no time to something and decided you didn't like it, while thousands of people who gave it time to play properly and learn the strategies, collect the cards etc all like it.

:-k

Well, I admit it, I'm stumped. I guess I've just been wrong all this time.
My face is tired.

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:37 am

I'm not sure saying someone can't like it because they didn't spend lots of time with it is fair. I'm also not sure where you get the idea that there are thousands of people who like it from. It may well be fairly popular, but I'm not sure anyone could say how popular.

It will be interesting to see how many of those who like it still like it once the game is separated out. I think part of the enjoyment of the game comes from what it gives you in the Witcher and the way it is integrated. Will people enjoy it as much once you have to buy packs with real money or grind a currency to buy packs I wonder.

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Thu Jun 09, 2016 10:42 am

Game has sold however many hundreds of thousands (over a million, even?) copies, and you are doubtful there are thousands out there enjoying it... ok, then. Personally, from my experience of seeing other people talking about it, you guys are in the minority.

And, for the record, you can try it and not like it, that's fine. But personally have a problem with someone who's played the first couple of bouts when it's being introduced, and on the back of that declares it's the worst thing in the game. Sorry, what? It's like watching the opening credits of a film then telling people you think it's the worst film ever made.

Will I play it just as a CCG? Probably not, I lost interest in Hearthstone pretty quickly and I don't have the appetite to keep feeding money into something like that, but in Witcher 3 it's still one of the things I focus on first - running around playing all the shopkeeps, gathering the decks, playing the tournaments etc.

And, if it wasn't popular, do you think they'd have issued real-life versions, trademarked the name and made plans to release it standalone?
My face is tired.

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:07 am

I played the tutorial stuff and had a few games against people in the world, I think that is a fair enough amount to judge whether I like it or not, or consider it good or not. Saying it is the worst thing in the game is a reflection on the quality of the rest of the game as much as it is on the quality of Gwent.

I'm not sure sales numbers for the main game are an accurate indication of how many people enjoyed Gwent. Your evidence is purely based off your own experiences and there is no way you can say that the game is massively popular is all I'm saying.

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:12 am

It's not based off my own experiences, there are plenty of places to go online to read people saying how they're enjoying it. I don't live in a bunker totally isolated from the rest of the world, mate.

I just hate this internet-age attitude of "I don't like it, therefore it's shit and anyone who doesn't like it is wrong and dumb" that seems to pervade every part of society these days. Personal bugbear.

This is aimed more at what Evol said, incidentally, Dj. I'm fine with people saying "I don't like it", where I have a problem is where people believe their opinion is the objective reality.
My face is tired.

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:17 am

I understand that Sly, but surely you are doing the same with regards to your opinion being the objective reality? Someone thinking it is bad and therefore unpopular is surely the same as you thinking it is good and therefore popular? Both sides could no doubt find posts on the internet to back up their claim.

All I'm saying is that without holding an actual survey or somehow getting hold of a metric which says how many hours of Gwent people have played I don't think it is possible to say that Gwent is enjoyed by thousands of people.

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:19 am

Just to be clear I have nothing against them making Gwent an actual stand-alone game.

Next

Return to Role Playing, RTS & Racing