Gwent - The Witcher Card Game Coming

The strategy of playing ones role.
Sly Boots
MILF

Re: Gwent - The Witcher Card Game Coming

Postby Sly Boots » Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:22 am

DjchunKfunK wrote:I understand that Sly, but surely you are doing the same with regards to your opinion being the objective reality? Someone thinking it is bad and therefore unpopular is surely the same as you thinking it is good and therefore popular? Both sides could no doubt find posts on the internet to back up their claim.

All I'm saying is that without holding an actual survey or somehow getting hold of a metric which says how many hours of Gwent people have played I don't think it is possible to say that Gwent is enjoyed by thousands of people.

Put it this way, Dj, I just looked it up. The Witcher 3 sold 10 million copies. For you to claim that there are not thousands of people enjoying gwent, there would need to be fewer than 0.019% of people who bought the game who are enjoying it. Does that sound at all likely to you?

I've even read through threads hundreds of replies long on reddit specifically entitled "Am I the only one who doesn't like gwent", and the majority of the replies are from those who are enjoying it. Sure, there are those who don't, as there always will be.

At best, with that vast sample size (10m), you'll be looking at a 50/50 split - and as I said, based on my own observations that is being incredibly generous to the anti- side, that is still 5 million people enjoying it, not thousands.

I don't think claiming thousands are enjoying it is at all ludicrous and is in fact very conservative.
Last edited by Sly Boots on Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
My face is tired.

eVoL

Postby eVoL » Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:27 am

#-o
Wouldst thou like to live deliciously?

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:28 am

You started this, hater! :x
My face is tired.

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:30 am

Considering my views on Gwent, yes I could very much see less than 0.019% enjoying it. :D
Check out my new gaming blog Player State. Updated every Wednesday.

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:32 am

:P

Anyway, that's enough drama for one day I feel :lol:
My face is tired.

Jez

Postby Jez » Thu Jun 09, 2016 11:50 am

Gwent is great. One of the best if not the best mini games I've ever seen in a game. I hated it to start with but a quick read round the bazaars on how to play it properly made it clear and it became a joy to play.

Edwin
the cunt

Postby Edwin » Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:16 pm

So long as their is no Skellege deck, the original four are perfect as it is and shouldn't be messed with!
second_base wrote:You need to fuck off now...like right now dude.

Parv wrote:Edwin has been my least favourite forumite for a long time now.

Wrathbone

Postby Wrathbone » Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:40 am

I'm also on the side of loving Gwent. I probably spent 40% of my time in W3 playing it. My dad's playing W3 at the moment and he's spending more like 70-80% of his time in Gwent. :lol:

The real benefit of a standalone game will be playing against other people (I assume), as most of the AI players in W3 are balls at it, with a few exceptions.
"This boy is depriving a village of an idiot."

Photos!

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Wed Jun 15, 2016 9:51 am

Yes, I think the only games I ever lost were in the tournaments (one in the vanilla game, one in B&W, although the latter was due to being forced to use the crappy Skellige deck), although there was one trader in Oreton I think it was, who used a monster deck I just couldn't beat at that early stage in the game. Took quite a few attempts that one.
My face is tired.

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Wed Jun 15, 2016 5:15 pm

After half an hour playing the game today, along with a presentation showing the still-in-development solo mode, I’m completely won over. Gwent has a fantastic new interface that manages to display all of the necessary information cleanly and legibly, gorgeous card art, well-balanced decks, and fully voiced and animated singleplayer campaigns. The first of the campaigns isn’t ready for public consumption yet but a peek at the tutorial showed an isometric open world in which the player character gathers companions, collects objects and treks around completing quests. All of the elements, those characters and objects, become cards in your deck, and when battle commences, the game of Gwent becomes a depiction of that battle.

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2016/0 ... ore-375337

Sounds pretty sweet.
My face is tired.

Raid
Duke of Preys-World

Postby Raid » Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:11 pm

Eurogamer are giving away beta keys.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2017- ... -give-away

Jez

Postby Jez » Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:40 pm

Cheers for the tip Raid. I'm in! :)

Jez

Postby Jez » Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:59 pm

Well I played a lot of this tonight. These games aren't my thing I'll say up front. I'm much more of a shooty bang bang gamer.

I think this would really appeal to those of you that enjoy these sorts of games. Its not my thing despite loving playing it as a mini game in the beloved witcher 3. It's a lot more complex than that mini game. A lot more nuance to playing it.

Not my thing. Bit disappointed. I'll play over the next few days see if I get the love for it.

Previous

Return to Role Playing, RTS & Racing