Civilization 6 coming Oct.21st 2016

The strategy of playing ones role.
gpa-gone-west

Re: Civilization 6 coming Oct.21st 2016

Postby gpa-gone-west » Tue Oct 25, 2016 11:52 am

OK, religion, its a friggin joke in 6. I was in a game last night, mid game. Every time I built a new city, within 10 turns there would be around 50 religious units from all the other nations descend on my city a fight over who converts it too their religion. In 5, it could be a problem, but there were ways to combat it. It seems way over the top in 6. Something feels broken with it. It was well winding me up. :lol:

Oh, and the spying is pretty cool. Each leader has a secret trait that your spy can find out. The Russian leaders secret trait? A Nuke Lover. Loves nukes and other leaders who are willing to use them. :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot withstand the storm"

The warrior whispers back "I am the storm"

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Tue Oct 25, 2016 12:26 pm

You can combat the religion by making your own Inquisitors or Apostles who can fight other religious units. If the diplomacy stuff worked properly you could also ask Civs to stop converting your cities, but whenever you ask a Civ to stop doing something, whether it be settle near you, convert your cities or spy on you they just keep doing it. Even my allies pay me no heed.

If you don't have your own religion though I'm not sure what the big problem is as they will convert your city then move off. You won't lose anything when they do that.
Check out my new gaming blog Player State. Updated every Wednesday.

gpa-gone-west

Postby gpa-gone-west » Wed Nov 02, 2016 1:29 pm

OK, the whole diplomacy screen gets on my tits now. I don't want to see the ugly fuckers prattling on about utter bollocks (as they do most of the time), just give me a simple popup window. It gets annoying. They say useless stuff too often. I like the whole diplomacy side of things (if it worked right) but I would rather the animation for it wasn't there. It gets in the way. Sometimes keeping it simple is best.

Oh, and they are all liars. "Sure I will stop converting your cities". Two or three turns later, bam, there goes another one converted. Also, they get really pissed at you for utter nonsense reasons. :lol:

Oh, and one last mini-rant. Their starting city is the other side of the map, but their next city is right next to you. Hmmmm. :-k

You wait till I get nukes. They are all fucked. :twisted:

gpa-gone-west

Postby gpa-gone-west » Tue Nov 08, 2016 1:43 am

Well, was playing a game earlier today. In around 25 turns, Russia declared war on me........Only trouble with that, I was playing the Russians.

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Tue Nov 08, 2016 7:16 am

gpa-gone-west wrote:Well, was playing a game earlier today. In around 25 turns, Russia declared war on me........Only trouble with that, I was playing the Russians.

Sounds about right.
My face is tired.

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Tue Nov 08, 2016 9:18 am

Yeah I had that bug in one of my games recently. Happened twice inside 10 turns when I was playing as Harald.

Marty Fuffkin

Postby Marty Fuffkin » Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:40 am

Hmm...might wait for a few months for a patch or two to be released.

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Tue Nov 08, 2016 11:49 am

Marty Fuffkin wrote:Hmm...might wait for a few months for a patch or two to be released.

That is the only real bug I've encountered and it doesn't effect the game itself.

I started out on a Domination victory over the weekend. Twice I tried it on King difficulty with islands and found myself in a tough position, mainly due to how bad it is to settle anywhere near the sea. I eventually ended up knocking it down to Prince again and have had more success so far having taken out France and Rome already.

Of all the slight issues the game has, the way settling near the sea is so debilitating is the one thing I hope they fix first. I love playing on island maps and using the navy, but right now it's just not viable.

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Fri Nov 18, 2016 8:47 am

Massive patch for the game has been released. It includes stuff like:

-Added ability to rename cities.
-Added UI to show next tile city will grow to.
-Reduced effectiveness of Calvary producing policies.
-Units can no longer be deleted for gold.
-Increased AI competitiveness in building advanced units.
-Increased AI value in upgrading units.

Those last two in particular are very important.

Full patch notes below.

https://civilization.com/news/entries/c ... e-now-live

gpa-gone-west

Postby gpa-gone-west » Fri Nov 18, 2016 4:37 pm

I am on nights tonight so wont get a chance to play. But I will give it a go over the weekend. See if either Diplomacy or Religion has been tweaked.

Previous

Return to Role Playing, RTS & Racing