Dawn of War III (Out April 27 2017)

The strategy of playing ones role.
Dr@gon-UK
Forum Fossil

Dawn of War III (Out April 27 2017)

Postby Dr@gon-UK » Mon May 02, 2016 3:08 pm

PLEASE be Dawn of War 3.
Last edited by Dr@gon-UK on Tue May 03, 2016 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Terry Pratchett wrote:Humans would do anything to see if it was possible. If you put a large switch in a cave somewhere, with a sign on it saying 'End-of-the-World Switch. PLEASE DO NOT TOUCH', the paint wouldn't even have time to dry.

eVoL

Re: Dawn of War announcement teaser

Postby eVoL » Mon May 02, 2016 8:32 pm

I'd even be happy if it was DoW1HD in the DoW2 engine :p
Wouldst thou like to live deliciously?

Vykromod

Postby Vykromod » Mon May 02, 2016 11:57 pm

Part of me wants this to be a formal announcement that the rumours are false and they're not actually working on DoW3. Not that I don't want DoW3, I just think it would be amusing.
Lo, let be it, for now when Tuesday then cometh with not again, be it another less more it be. Be faith giveth whence came me unto, yet not needeth for unto me, for yet be learn to be. -Zinglon
Huh? -Monses

Mantis
Admin

Postby Mantis » Tue May 03, 2016 9:51 am

If they don't make it like Company of Heroes again then I'll be excited for another DoW.

Mantis
Admin

Postby Mantis » Tue May 03, 2016 2:23 pm

Boom. Impressive CG.

Just hope they don't burn us with stupid DLC prices for extra races if the game only launches with Marines, Orks and Eldar. CoH 2 was very heavy on DLC and the store was so prevalent on the main screen it sort of ruined the experience.

Quote from Eurogamer:
"This is the Dawn of War that fans have been waiting for. Our biggest units ever? Check. Giant orbital lasers? Check. Base-building, epic heroes, huge battles, it's all in there. Get ready for the biggest Dawn of War yet. For the Emperor!"

It sounds like the first Dawn of War, which feature traditional RTS elements such as base-building, combined with the second Dawn of War, which ditched the base-building in favour of micro-management of powerful units. Best of both worlds, perhaps.

Dr@gon-UK
Forum Fossil

Postby Dr@gon-UK » Tue May 03, 2016 2:30 pm

\:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/ \:D/
Terry Pratchett wrote:Humans would do anything to see if it was possible. If you put a large switch in a cave somewhere, with a sign on it saying 'End-of-the-World Switch. PLEASE DO NOT TOUCH', the paint wouldn't even have time to dry.

Quietman

Re: Dawn of War III Announcement Trailer (Release 2017)

Postby Quietman » Tue May 03, 2016 2:44 pm

IMO :P :wink: :P :wink: :P :wink:
Dean Learner: I said the fuck you don't do wet wipes.

Oranje Head
Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2lS22 ... qTMqfvJ4xQ
Twitch - https://www.twitch.tv/oranjehead

Mantis
Admin

Postby Mantis » Tue May 03, 2016 3:00 pm

Steam page info:

UNLEASH THE GIANTS
Take control of towering war machines and tip the balance of battle in your favor with the biggest characters in Dawn of War history. Turn the tide with the mighty Imperial Knight (Space Marine), the clattering Gorkanaut (Ork), or the haunting Wraithknight (Eldar).

COLOSSAL BATTLES
Dawn of War is famous for its epic action and those immense clashes are back - but now they're off-the-scale. Wage war with massive armies across violent volcanic terrain or onboard battlecruisers travelling fast through space.

CALL UP YOUR ELITE
Take your battle plans to another level by deploying powerful collectible elite squads, each boasting their own special abilities and bonuses that will help you unlock and develop new attacking strategies to conquer your foes.

DESTRUCTIVE ABILITIES
Cause devastation on the battlefield with powerful super-abilities. Rain down total destruction on your enemies with the Space Marine's Orbital Bombardment, the Eldar's blistering Eldritch Storm or the Ork’s Rokks to counter your unsuspecting rivals.

THREE-FACTION CAMPAIGN Learn what makes each force formidable through alternating missions. You'll soon come to understand the combat advantages of Space Marines, Orks, and Eldar and the rules of a universe with no heroes or villains… only war.

ONE ARMY TO RULE
Build your own universal army from the very first moment you are matched in a melee. Progress through battle after battle with loyal troops by your side across both challenging campaign missions and dominating multiplayer maps.

A NEW DAWN ONLINE
Your army will wreak havoc in online co-operative mode. Join the multiplayer community and forge new alliances - then turn the tables on your new 'friends' as they become foes in explosive, chaotic and competitive maps.

Dr@gon-UK
Forum Fossil

Postby Dr@gon-UK » Tue May 03, 2016 4:21 pm

Me
He's so not aard

Postby Me » Tue May 03, 2016 5:00 pm

Thank fuck for that, I feared it was going to end up as another MOBA game.

eVoL

Postby eVoL » Tue May 03, 2016 8:26 pm

"powerful collectible elite squads"

Fuck off!

Mantis
Admin

Postby Mantis » Tue May 03, 2016 9:56 pm

Doesn't really sound that much different from DoW 1 though. It had hero units for each race like the Force Commander, Grey Knights, Farseer, Warboss etc.

Having units with abilities that need activating is a staple RTS mechanic. DoW 2 just went way too far into that territory at the expense of actual macro strategy. It sounds like they're aiming to strike far more of a balance this time.

eVoL

Postby eVoL » Wed May 04, 2016 3:37 am

Those weren't "collectible" though. This sounds like some grindy micro bullshit. Yes all that from one word but that's a loaded word.

Quietman

Postby Quietman » Wed May 04, 2016 7:18 am

Or you collect them as you progress through the campaign? I mean... There's pessimism and then there's that :P
IMO :P :wink: :P :wink: :P :wink:
Dean Learner: I said the fuck you don't do wet wipes.

Oranje Head
Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2lS22 ... qTMqfvJ4xQ
Twitch - https://www.twitch.tv/oranjehead

Vykromod

Postby Vykromod » Wed May 04, 2016 1:25 pm

I imagine you will build up a collection during the campaign, for use in the campaign.

It's the other game modes that might be a problem there.
Lo, let be it, for now when Tuesday then cometh with not again, be it another less more it be. Be faith giveth whence came me unto, yet not needeth for unto me, for yet be learn to be. -Zinglon
Huh? -Monses

Next

Return to Role Playing, RTS & Racing