Planet Coaster

The strategy of playing ones role.
Raid
Duke of Preys-World

Re: Planet Coaster

Postby Raid » Thu Aug 18, 2016 5:56 pm

Yup. I know people tend to be wary pre-ordering games these days, but I have seen nothing but gushing praise from those who've played the Alpha, and it's clear listening to the developers that they're pouring an awful lot of love into the game. I also found out that buying the game before the 25th (when that pre-order price ends) grants you beta access, regardless of which package you opt for.

Emaharg

Postby Emaharg » Mon Aug 29, 2016 7:34 pm

I wish I had managed to get an alpha key before they stopped them, I have looked at this and it looks amazing. I watched Snowy playing it the other day as he built a giant penis coaster. It looks like my kind of game.

Snowy
Metal as Fuck

Postby Snowy » Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:01 am

The giant penis-coaster, after some teething problems, is now up and running. My love of all things looping/banking/rolling and inability to stop laying track has meant that passengers are on it for nearly 2 minutes (including the 'up and over the shaft' loop which now involves then passing through a corridor of flames). The upshot of the ride is that basically everyone gets off and promptly projectile vomits, so I have put in loads of seating and a first aid station right on the exit pathway, in order to avoid needing a cleaner there every 2 minutes!

Discovered a really nice touch yesterday too - if you already have a ride in place, and use the terraforming tools, the earth will grow around the track while leaving a perfectly drilled tunnel for your coaster etc to fly through.

Emaharg, next time you see me online, send me a nudge on Steam and I will fire it up and let you ride the wang coaster :)

Early days, and still a lot of features to go in, but it is shaping up wonderfully and looks amazing.
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.

Raid
Duke of Preys-World

Postby Raid » Tue Aug 30, 2016 1:29 pm

I too want to get on Mr. Boner's Wild Ride.

Snowy
Metal as Fuck

Postby Snowy » Tue Aug 30, 2016 2:32 pm

Anyone wanting a ride on the penile vomit comet, just ping me a note when you see me online on Steam. Flaming tadger rides for all!

Jez

Postby Jez » Tue Aug 30, 2016 6:25 pm

You love the cock you Ian.

Subway Diet

Postby Subway Diet » Sat Sep 24, 2016 6:34 pm

:mrgreen:

Though I must admit there was a part of me that felt... conflicted.

If you're in the mood for more stylish theme-park related disasters from Frontier, I had to go back and check this old trailer out again.
End of an Era

Raid
Duke of Preys-World

Postby Raid » Sat Sep 24, 2016 7:50 pm

There's going to be a long weekend where owners of the Thrill seeker edition will be allowed access to the Alpha in two weeks time.

Snowy
Metal as Fuck

Postby Snowy » Mon Sep 26, 2016 5:21 pm

Subway Diet wrote:

:mrgreen:

Though I must admit there was a part of me that felt... conflicted.

If you're in the mood for more stylish theme-park related disasters from Frontier, I had to go back and check this old trailer out again.

Yeah, that's a bit...weird.

Raid
Duke of Preys-World

Postby Raid » Thu Oct 06, 2016 2:06 pm

Party in the Park, the Alpha weekend for anyone with the Thrillseeker Edition (which includes pre-orders from before 25th August this year) starts tonight at 6. Anyone else giving it a try?

Snowy
Metal as Fuck

Postby Snowy » Thu Oct 06, 2016 2:56 pm

Do it, tis fun. I often dabble with the alpha when I fancy switching off my brain for a little while.

Raid
Duke of Preys-World

Postby Raid » Thu Oct 06, 2016 10:24 pm

Made a quick start on my entrance area:

Most of the buildings are blueprints, with the exception of the central castle with the gold crest, which I made myself.

Raid
Duke of Preys-World

Postby Raid » Sun Nov 20, 2016 12:02 pm

So I'm guessing the people on my Steam friends list are too busy playing this to comment on it, as I have been for the last few days. It's... moreish, the sort of game that you can accidentally lose hours to without noticing. I spent an hour this morning building a sci-fi landing pad (which I've uploaded to the workshop, along with a few other bits and pieces I've been happy with). My guests have been throwing up left, right and centre, and Dr. Brain's Psychospin keeps breaking down, but hey, at least my landing pad has adequate lighting, and it's all lined up properly.

I've mostly been playing on challenge mode to get an idea of the financial side of the game. I've finished my entrance area, and have started on my sci-fi zone:

Plenty to do - I haven't even built a rollercoaster yet.

Snowy
Metal as Fuck

Postby Snowy » Mon Nov 21, 2016 1:13 pm

I have also been dabbling and also with Challenge mode. It is mighty moreish and also damned tough. I have yet to nail the layout that I need that will encourage the wee people to visit all areas equally, so I start off making a nice profitable park but at some seesaw point it slips into loss-making and I go bust.

The problem is often that as I expand the park, the punters all stick to the central area that was initially built, and can't be persuaded to include the new areas even if there are the Rides of God™ awaiting their pleasure just 50 yards further down the path. I am sure there is a reason for this, but it is gutting to spend ages on a new coaster guaranteed to amaze and delight in equal measure, decked out with themes, triggers, effects etc, only for the punters to look at it and say "No way am I walking for another 15 seconds to reach that!" and for it then to become a huge loss-maker for your park.

Will keep trying!

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Mon Nov 21, 2016 1:28 pm

Check out my new gaming blog Player State. Updated every Wednesday.

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing, RTS & Racing