Forza Motorsport 6: Apex

The strategy of playing ones role.
DjchunKfunK

Forza Motorsport 6: Apex

Postby DjchunKfunK » Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:03 am

Microsoft are set to put a free to play version of Forza Motorsport up on the Windows 10 store. Called Forza Motorsport 6: Apex it is expected on the store later in the spring according to a leaked report in the Seattle Times.

Judging by the amount of micro-transactions that seem to infest Forza games nowadays I guess it wouldn't take much work to translate the latest Forza into a FTP game. Next up FTP Gears multiplayer anyone?
Check out my new gaming blog Player State. Updated every Wednesday.

Subway Diet

Re: Forza Motorsport 6: Apex

Postby Subway Diet » Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:17 am

So long as you're able to match the base content of the Xbox game for the same price, then I've not really got a problem with them trying F2P.

That said, really? I guess I'm not on the same page as the money men (thank goodness!), as I would just say sell Forza 6 as is. As pointed out, it's already got DLC and micro transactions coming out of the ass.

Raid
Duke of Preys-World

Postby Raid » Tue Mar 01, 2016 10:34 am

Subway Diet wrote:So long as you're able to match the base content of the Xbox game for the same price, then I've not really got a problem with them trying F2P.

I suspect that won't be the case, but I'm certainly interested to see how this plays out as I actually really like the Forza series. I imagine Phil Spencer is already prepping his twitter comments.

cHeal

Postby cHeal » Tue Mar 01, 2016 4:49 pm

No wheel support apparently.

Not going to upgrade to 10 for it and don't think I'd be bothered with it as a FTP game anyways.

Medicine Man

Postby Medicine Man » Tue Mar 01, 2016 5:55 pm

No wheel support? :?

Raid
Duke of Preys-World

Postby Raid » Tue Mar 01, 2016 6:03 pm

I've seen one site report that, but I'd wait for an official confirmation, as no others have. Releasing a racing game without wheel support would just be daft.

The more exciting news honestly is that all future Forza games will be developed for PC.

Prey
Admin

Postby Prey » Thu Apr 28, 2016 5:54 pm

Forza Motorsport 6: Apex - the free-to-download PC version of the previously Xbox One-exclusive racing game - goes into open beta on 5th May.

That's for Windows 10.

Microsoft said Apex is a "focused and curated single-player tour of Forza Motorsport's best content". That means no multiplayer.

There's a new career mode with a 12-event Showcase Tour. The new Spotlight Series events are unique events updated on a regular basis.

There are also new Xbox Live achievements to earn worth 1000 gamerscore points, and a new Race Points system that encourages players to turn off the assists in order to develop their skills.

Source: Eurogamer http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016- ... -next-week
Her face is tired. Leave her be ffs.

Prey
Admin

Postby Prey » Thu May 05, 2016 12:51 pm

The store page is now live but the game has still yet to release. It should howver release within the next few hours and is 18GB in size.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/g ... blggh3shm7
Her face is tired. Leave her be ffs.

Raid
Duke of Preys-World

Postby Raid » Thu May 05, 2016 2:19 pm

I'll download it and give it a try, but given that there are two PC sims that have VR support, I can't imagine I'll spend much time with it.

Return to Role Playing, RTS & Racing