Ashes of the Singularity Need More Logistics

The strategy of playing ones role.
Prey
Admin

Ashes of the Singularity Need More Logistics

Postby Prey » Fri Jan 29, 2016 7:54 am

Stardock has released the first public beta of Ashes of the Singularity. This new real-time strategy game, which features the first ever native DirectX 12 support, aims to deliver planetary warfare on a scale never seen before in gaming.

Ashes of the Singularity has some notable features, including:

The first native DirectX 12 game allowing each CPU core to command the player’s GPU simultaneously, which allows for more rendered units to be displayed on screen at the same time – by an order of magnitude – than in any previous RTS game to date.
A multi-core, real-time strategy AI that allows for excellent single player RTS gaming.
A new native 64-bit 3D engine called Nitrous that makes full use of the features of DirectX 11 and DirectX 12, allowing for thousands of light sources on screen simultaneously.
A new type of unit group organization known as a “meta” unit that makes it easy for players to manage potentially tens of thousands of units across a world.
Advanced Nitrous 3D engine allows players to zoom out on the map without having to transform the map into a simplified view of the battlefield.

http://www.dsogaming.com/news/ashes-of- ... available/

http://store.steampowered.com/app/228880/
Lee wrote:Holly fuck who is this above my comment?!

:O

Lee

Re: Ashes of the Singularity Public Beta Released

Postby Lee » Sat Jan 30, 2016 10:07 pm

I've been playing this for a bit on and off for a few months and it really does capture the old Supreme Commander RTS days :D
Formerly MrAnnoyed

Prey
Admin

Postby Prey » Fri Feb 26, 2016 3:07 pm

I just bought this too. After the excellent experience I had with the early access version of Dirt Rally I thought £20 for a punt on this will rekindle the long since dormant RTS gamer inside of me once again.

Not entirely sold my machine is loving Directx 12 as I only hit 30fps or more in the benchmark at 1080p plus I am also somewhat limited when playing as I don't have a typical mouse and keyboard setup like most. Still perfectly playable though with a two button right click left click button and trackball. Yes trackball. It plays more like traditional Starcraft for me than Supreme Commander.

Pretty excited to see how things pan out on this one.

Prey
Admin

Postby Prey » Sat Feb 27, 2016 10:21 am

I had no less than 3 BSOD's while playing a mission on this yesterday under Directx 12 so I think it is safe to assume it isn't quite ready for public consumption just yet on my machine at least. Ive never had a BSOD since using Windows 10 and it came as quite an annoying surprise during a lot of base building which set my progress back each and every time.

Also ran the benchmark again and got a higher fps under Directx 11 so there is that too. It's the first ever public Directx 12 game no doubt about that. Early days still though as I said so it just needs time to mature properly either way as it is still in beta and is only 2.8GB in size.

Lee

Postby Lee » Sun Apr 03, 2016 1:11 pm

And it's been released and pretty good fun so far in the campaign and kicking Prey's butt in some MP games :)
Formerly MrAnnoyed

Prey
Admin

Postby Prey » Sun Apr 10, 2016 8:39 pm

Screw you man. >_>

Yep I've been lapping this game up recently and even watched the live stream that the dev had on yesterday in which he got utterly owned by other people he was playing against and eventually surrendered. There's nothing better than the sound of a person who actually made the game they are streaming being competely surprised at the things that are going on right in front of his own face. This was after the game CTD on him half way through a massive battle against 5 other online players during the live stream which went down a storm in the live chat as you can imagine but they did manage to get most of the same players back and started again. Was great viewing all the same and taught me a lot of just where I had been going wrong concerning Quantum etc.

It basically takes me back to a time when the RTS genre was my one true first love as PC gamer back when I was lapping up Starcraft: Brood War and the like. I even went out especially and bought mysef a new wireless mouse as I was strugging far too much on my trackball keyboard and wasn't even able to zoom out of the map. :lol:

Honestly the best RTS game I have played in years and was well worth the 20 pounds eary access fee that came with it. Lee often compares it to Supreme Commander when we do skirmish mode together so if you were a fan of that game you should check Ashes out at some point too.

Lee

Postby Lee » Sun Apr 10, 2016 10:30 pm

And you daft fucker change the thread name too!

That livestream was mental and I picked up some tips that I wasn't aware of either. That you can chain up commands for your units to capture points one after another. OR that if you right click on the enemy unit your units will force there aim on that specific unit. Helpfull for the medic classes.

If you're around tomorrow afternoon wanna play again :mrgreen:
Formerly MrAnnoyed

Return to Role Playing, RTS & Racing