Stellaris: Paradox's new Sci-Fi strategy game

The strategy of playing ones role.
Gibby

Re: Stellaris: Paradox's new Sci-Fi strategy game

Postby Gibby » Thu May 12, 2016 10:28 pm

11 hours in. Loving it. It's the kind of game I don't dare load unless I have a lot of free time! My United Nations of Earth galactic empire is steadily growing. The human-like religious freaks who kept throwing insults at me and hated me from the get go are destroyed, and their remnants are my vassals. All thanks to getting invited into an alliance two alien races who were also federation builders like me, as it was their fleets joining me in the war that followed that tipped the balance! My first game has already told so many stories, and it's amazing to think that all yours have for you as well!

Vykromod

Postby Vykromod » Fri May 13, 2016 11:08 pm

Me wrote:Apparently if you don't start as human you can find Earth in various states as you travel about the galaxy. One guy ound earth post nuclear wars populated by giant cockroachs and another found it post world war 2, even listed the major world armies.

I've read another account where someone got the radioactive cockraoches Earth and the option to uplift them.
Lo, let be it, for now when Tuesday then cometh with not again, be it another less more it be. Be faith giveth whence came me unto, yet not needeth for unto me, for yet be learn to be. -Zinglon
Huh? -Monses

Me
He's so not aard

Postby Me » Sat May 14, 2016 12:53 pm

I think I've just found Dune, desert world with titanic life :shock:

Lee

Postby Lee » Sun May 15, 2016 5:06 am

Justplce the thumpers out in the middle of hnowwere and eceryone will be fine :)0
Formerly MrAnnoyed

Me
He's so not aard

Postby Me » Sun May 15, 2016 8:44 am

Nah, there's no spice, fuckem. They can all be eaten if they cant walk without rhythm.

Me
He's so not aard

Postby Me » Sun May 15, 2016 1:56 pm

Shit, the Tyranids have just invaded the galaxy, they're arriving at a northen nieghbour of mine at the galatic rim.

Gibby

Postby Gibby » Sun May 15, 2016 3:06 pm

Literally Tyranids or just a bug-swarm race?

Me
He's so not aard

Postby Me » Mon May 16, 2016 7:45 am

Bug swarm race, but they're invading the galaxy tyranid/zerg style, massive subspace anomoly approaching the galaxy thena bit later the vanguard hits and it took several systems in a short space of time. The planets have a massive planet covering biological mass now, the empire who took the impact is pretty fucked.

Gibby

Postby Gibby » Mon May 16, 2016 8:34 am

In my game some stupid Empire was experimenting with Warp technology and tore open a rift through which a race of interdeminsional energy beings poured through. They are consuming everything in their way and the Empire that did it are about destroyed, but my Federation are not doing anything to combat this. We need to destroy the rift to stop them but I'm no way near powerful enough on my own, so these things may take over the whole galaxy at this rate. Any attempts to communicate with the Unbidden has them just calling us prey and food, and they have about 10 fleets of 17k strength. If I could get the members of my Federation to follow my fleet we could make a desperate assault on the rift and probably take it out to stop any more coming through, but I can't figure out a way to get them all to come with me as it's not a war in a traditional sense.

Wrathbone

Postby Wrathbone » Mon May 16, 2016 8:36 am

I thought I was doing pretty well, then an alliance member asked me to declare war on a relatively small empire. I agreed, only to discover my beefy 2k fleet was actually teeny tiny in comparison to the enemy's 6k fleet. :(

I reloaded.

So yeah, my fleet perspective was slightly off. Time to start building.

Oh, and bug alert - an empire who I had an embassy with ended up being destroyed, and now I can't reallocate that embassy (the game still thinks I have an embassy with [blank]). So if you think someone's about to disappear, remove your embassy before it happens.
"This boy is depriving a village of an idiot."

Photos!

Me
He's so not aard

Postby Me » Mon May 16, 2016 8:40 am

Gibby wrote:If I could get the members of my Federation to follow my fleet we could make a desperate assault on the rift and probably take it out to stop any more coming through, but I can't figure out a way to get them all to come with me as it's not a war in a traditional sense.

Apparently, the thing to do is declare war on some random far away empire, the rest of the federation will then stack it ships and follow yours so you can lead them right to the rift.

Gibby

Postby Gibby » Mon May 16, 2016 8:58 am

Ah cheers. I can't declare war on anyone until it's my term as Federation president which is a few years away. If I know Paradox they'll be expanding the heck out of this game, and I am hoping they start on enriching the mid-game and heavily enriching diplomacy.

Wrathbone wrote:I thought I was doing pretty well, then an alliance member asked me to declare war on a relatively small empire. I agreed, only to discover my beefy 2k fleet was actually teeny tiny in comparison to the enemy's 6k fleet. :(

I reloaded.

So yeah, my fleet perspective was slightly off. Time to start building.

Yeah, this happened to me too! It happened early on when I thought a fleet of 800 strength was good, and it happened recently when I thought a fleet of 8k was good and I read about people having stacks of around 15-20k!

Wrathbone

Postby Wrathbone » Mon May 16, 2016 9:45 am

I've not got the power output to handle fleets of any substantial size, and that's with a pretty big empire (in terms of number of planets compared to other empires) with solar panels and power stations on every planet. I think the problem is I've been filling all module slots on all orbital stations with stuff I don't really need, and they all use power. Going forward I'm only going to upgrade stations when I've a reason to do so.
"This boy is depriving a village of an idiot."

Photos!

Me
He's so not aard

Postby Me » Mon May 16, 2016 9:57 am

Turns out there's a bug at the moment when fighting the Scourge, the planets can't be cleaned so its impossible to stop them. Guess that save is dead until they patch it.

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Mon May 16, 2016 11:06 am

I find myself really enjoying the start of this game as you expand out and discover new stuff, but once it enters the mid-game it just becomes endless busy work. I don't find the combat or the diplomacy engaging enough either so once I hit the mid-game I find myself quickly becoming bored.
Check out my new gaming blog Player State. Updated every Wednesday.

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing, RTS & Racing