World of Warships

The strategy of playing ones role.
gpa-gone-west

Re: World of Warships

Postby gpa-gone-west » Tue Jan 31, 2017 3:52 pm

Well as long as you have enough free-xp, you may as well give it a go for a few games. But it would be tempting to go straight for the big one.
Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot withstand the storm"

The warrior whispers back "I am the storm"

Me
He's so not aard

Postby Me » Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:03 am

I should be able to scrape enough, might need a few more doubloons though, don't think I actually counted the hull upgrades with that. It's weird this game, just had 3 shit days and today I'm getting 100k plus each fight.

gpa-gone-west

Postby gpa-gone-west » Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:13 pm

Weird it certainly is. I am currently in a dip. Actually been in a dip for a while now. Ironically it all started just after my 173k damage game in the Amagi. Went to rat shit shortly after. :lol:

I did have a dabble with US BB's on the PTS recently. I am tempted to give them a go. I like the look of the high tier ones. Good AA and speed, which suits me fine. Once I can get the Colly motoring on a bit.

But I reckon I will give it a miss for a week or two and continue with Dishonored 2. Then come back.

Me
He's so not aard

Postby Me » Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:53 pm

I'm at the 100k mark on the amagi so not far off now. Flamu actually speaks pretty highly of the izumo so I'll see how it goes with it.

Me
He's so not aard

Postby Me » Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:06 pm

I saw a Mutsu! Did 3 citadels on him in two shots ¬_¬

gpa-gone-west

Postby gpa-gone-west » Thu Feb 02, 2017 3:49 pm

I was testing the T10 USN BB yesterday on the PTS. I gave a Hindenburg a salvo at around 17km. Did almost 50k damage on him and three cits, in a single salvo. I was quite impressed. Until a yammy deleted me.

Me
He's so not aard

Postby Me » Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:51 pm

Finally my first Amagi Kraken

gpa-gone-west

Postby gpa-gone-west » Fri Feb 03, 2017 8:31 pm

An awful lot of effort for a defeat. Haven't played the Ocean map in ages, I like it. Nowhere to hide, so got to have your eyes in the back of your head. Bob and weave like a nutter if your in something fragile.

I had a game yesterday where I started way over to the left on my own. So as soon as I could I headed right to be with a German T9 & 10 BB. I made a slight error in positioning. But as the other teams whole BB force came our way I couldn't turn to get away. Ended up trying to reverse around the closest island for safety. Couldn't quite do it. But I did notice how many incoming shells I was able to bounce. While I was alive, I did burn down a T9 German BB. Thought I was going to get away with it, but was down to a quarter of my health. Then a Yamato I hadn't noticed walloped me right good and proper.

gpa-gone-west

Postby gpa-gone-west » Sun Feb 05, 2017 10:00 am

I see the Pensacola has had a much needed concealment buff in 0.6.1 to just over 12km. That could make it a much more viable T7 cruiser now.

Me
He's so not aard

Postby Me » Mon Feb 06, 2017 1:02 pm

It did need a buff, most of the US higher cruisers got a reload too increase too. Managed to triple citadel a tirpitz in two shots just now, never been able to do that before!

gpa-gone-west

Postby gpa-gone-west » Mon Feb 06, 2017 3:34 pm

If its like the Gneis, then the bow is the week point, when side on.

On US cruisers. There seems to be a strong rumour that Cleveland will move to 8, with Pens and NO both moving down 1. Apparently it will happen later this year. I dont know how credible that rumour is though. But with Pense getting a concealment buff, I would certainly like to give it a go.

Me
He's so not aard

Postby Me » Mon Feb 06, 2017 10:25 pm

The pepsicola would fit in neater against the Jap 8" furriustako. The Russian DD is happening soon so hopefully they'll be more inclined to go for the RN battleships next. Tier 7 and 8 will be interesting for the RN, the rodney looks like it'd fit into tier 7 as it was bulit in response to the nagato and NC since it carries 16inch guns but it does have a much better bow on gun layout with two triple guns at the front and the nominally rear gun also facing forward it should bow tank alot like an Imperito Nikolai. The King George looks like a nice Tier 8 as its pretty fast and carries armour more like a tier 9 or 10, however its only got 14 inch guns which would be a bit tricky at that tier.

Me
He's so not aard

Postby Me » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:16 am

The Mutsu has been buffed before release, it'll have a 5 second reload speed increase and I think a faster rudder shift. It might make the warspite a bit pointless since it'll no longer have the best guns at that tier.

gpa-gone-west

Postby gpa-gone-west » Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:06 am

I never got on with the Warspite. No idea why. No matter how hard I tried it just didn't suit me.

Me
He's so not aard

Postby Me » Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:24 pm

I've only had a couple games with it, I think the primary advantage to it was it overmatching all the other BB its sees away from tier 8 I think. Its secondaries are actaully oddly effective.

I'm onto the Izumo now, the bow on passive meta is real at the high tiers, theres not much you can do to a bow on BB in another Bb so you end up stuck in place to avoid being flanked and citadelled to death. Also it gets torped to shit.

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing, RTS & Racing