World of Warships

The strategy of playing ones role.
Me
He's so not aard

Re: World of Warships

Postby Me » Fri Jul 31, 2015 8:36 am

gpa-gone-west wrote:I think they said the Russian Navy will come next, then the German and British.

Bit odd you'd think they'd make the German and UK navy together since they fought alot. It's not like the Russian Navy is famous for anything much.

Lee

Postby Lee » Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:55 am

To make the Russian navy side they will have to make up some ships as well as they had barely anything.
I guess to get American big install base they went with USA/Japan first.

Oh bet my previous best round to 4098 xp in the Langley :lol:
Formerly MrAnnoyed

gpa-gone-west

Postby gpa-gone-west » Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:33 am

Me wrote:
gpa-gone-west wrote:I think they said the Russian Navy will come next, then the German and British.

Bit odd you'd think they'd make the German and UK navy together since they fought alot. It's not like the Russian Navy is famous for anything much.

I think the devs are Russian so that explains why.

They will have to make up ships anyway. They did the same with World of Tanks. If you look at the German tech tree there are tanks in there that never got past either the blueprint or prototype stage.
Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot withstand the storm"

The warrior whispers back "I am the storm"

Me
He's so not aard

Postby Me » Mon Aug 03, 2015 10:57 pm

A few of the Japanese ships are already like that, the tier IV Moygi isn't real, just a vague plan that ended up being the Kongo.

Me
He's so not aard

Postby Me » Thu Aug 13, 2015 11:33 am

Gotta saym the more I play Battleships the closer I drive towards cruisers, long range shooting is pretty shit compared to getting into close range and brawling the shit out of everyone else.

gpa-gone-west

Postby gpa-gone-west » Thu Aug 13, 2015 1:35 pm

Having played a bit of World of Tanks, I find it funny how WoT players have a go at the old 'Lets ignore the capture point and go around the sides to flank' ploy. That may work in Wot, but in this, with the lack of speed of some ships, by the time you get around the edge, the game is lost. :lol:

Plus, its harder to hide in this.

Me
He's so not aard

Postby Me » Sat Aug 22, 2015 9:06 pm

I dunno, in a battleship you can't do much else than flank,otherwise half the battleships on the otherside will be able to shoot you at once as they head to the flanks.

Gotta say, most cruiser captains really don't know how AP works, I'm obliterating other Phoenix captains purely because I use PA against them.

Me
He's so not aard

Postby Me » Sat Aug 22, 2015 11:08 pm

Case in point ¬_¬

All those citadel's on two Crusiers.

Lee

Postby Lee » Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:31 am

Jammy sod! I am lucky if I get 2 citadel hits :lol:

One thing about AP rounds that I've noticed the other team hasn't really clicked on is that if they turn to face you as your broadside. Thinking you will do less damage with AP, you in fact do more damage as the shots go through multiple parts of their ship increasing the damage per hit :)
Formerly MrAnnoyed

gpa-gone-west

Postby gpa-gone-west » Mon Aug 24, 2015 8:29 am

The instinct is to always turn broadside to bring all your guns into action, but in reality all you are doing is providing a bigger target to hit.

Me
He's so not aard

Postby Me » Mon Aug 24, 2015 11:29 am

Lee wrote:Jammy sod! I am lucky if I get 2 citadel hits :lol:

One thing about AP rounds that I've noticed the other team hasn't really clicked on is that if they turn to face you as your broadside. Thinking you will do less damage with AP, you in fact do more damage as the shots go through multiple parts of their ship increasing the damage per hit :)

Don't you need really big guns for that to work? I've heard of the Yamato doing it an the Iowa whenever they turn front on the reduce damage. Might have to look at the damage scores the next time I hot someone front on.

The confederate award is great, give you 10 flags that do 50% more XP per battle.

Lee

Postby Lee » Tue Aug 25, 2015 12:13 am

Could be Me as I do it a lot of the time in the Battleships where they think it safer. I'm up to the New York tier myself. If possible just try to skip the South Carolina though with free XP, found that really bad against even the St Louis.

Oh also do you both know how to target your secondary batteries on stuff? if not you just hold in ctrl and left click on the target. I only found that out recently myself :oops:

But in good news the recent test patch has finally fixed the Battleships missing at close ranges the majority of the time. Still no idea when it goes to the open beta version though.

Also you can enable replays for World of Warships just like it was in the World of Tanks. Or skip the video and look for the info below it.

Or just follow this :

Go to the directory of the games folder.

Open the preferences.xml file with notepad or what other editor you use

Then search for : </scriptsPrefernces>
<consoleHistory/>
</root>

Then add in the following lines just above it : <isReplayEnabled> true </isReplayEnabled>
<ReplayCameraUpdate> 30 </ReplayCameraUpdate>

then save the file. Now when you play the game it will auto save the replays in the new folder within the games directory "replays" To view them you can just drag the replay to the games exe or just go right click and then open with and select the WoT exe and save. Then whenever you double click on them it will autoload the replay for you.

Replay controls are :

Replay controls:
'PageUp' & 'PageDown' for playback speed control
'Home' for normal speed
'End' for pause
'LMB' for toggling camera direction between 'free' and 'recorded'. When in this mode you can activate a roaming cam with 'Ctrl+R+Shift+Backspace'. Pan camera with arrow keys, zoom with scroll wheel.
Last edited by Lee on Tue Aug 25, 2015 12:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Formerly MrAnnoyed

Me
He's so not aard

Postby Me » Tue Aug 25, 2015 12:19 am

On the 27th. I'm up to the New York, Kongo and Omaha at the minute. Yeah I saw Jingles mention how to focus the 2nd batteries, also works on planes so you can focus on bombers and not fighters. At the New York tier you can buy a permanent upgrade to the 2nd battery range for 500k, pretty useful.

Me
He's so not aard

Postby Me » Wed Aug 26, 2015 11:24 am

Just go 12 Cits in the Omaha, 7 in the first minute or so haha.

gpa-gone-west

Postby gpa-gone-west » Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:51 pm

I see the Tirpitz is now available in the premium shop. Lets hope the rest of the german line isnt far behind.

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing, RTS & Racing