World of Warships

The strategy of playing ones role.
Me
He's so not aard

Re: World of Warships

Postby Me » Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:30 pm

I've heard end of this month mentioned. Hopefully we'll get the patch this Thursday too which sounds like it makes a fair few good changes.

Me
He's so not aard

Postby Me » Sat Sep 12, 2015 12:42 pm

Most Cits I've had in a battleship. Almost 100k in damage, but bugger all XP as we still lost -_-

3 of those hit one Kongo, which actually survived the attack.

gpa-gone-west

Postby gpa-gone-west » Sat Sep 12, 2015 3:00 pm

Been trying to get my Furutaka somewhere, I gave up on it as its a bag of shite. Slow to fire, slow to turn its turrets, sod all armour and looses its speed really easily when turning. The Kuma before it is brilliant.
Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot withstand the storm"

The warrior whispers back "I am the storm"

Me
He's so not aard

Postby Me » Sat Sep 12, 2015 7:27 pm

Doesn't the furutaki get bigger guns than the rest of the cruisers at that their? You should be able to ap the shit out of any cruiser you meet if you try that. Cruiser on cruiser ap rounds are really effective.

I've just got the new Mexico, fuse and Cleveland to play about in. All pretty good ships. The fuso guns have pretty good turning range suprusing, the y can point towards much further than the central guns on the new york

gpa-gone-west

Postby gpa-gone-west » Wed Sep 16, 2015 10:51 am

This goes live tomorrow. Rumors that a new line in the tech tree will be up, although not the obvious ones apparently. My guess would be either French or Italian. October is the date to expect the German line.

Me
He's so not aard

Postby Me » Wed Sep 16, 2015 12:29 pm

Apparently its going to be a 2nd Japanese Carrier lane, oddly. Not sure that's really needed, could do with a new cruiser line since after tier 3 they're almost entirely light cruisers.

gpa-gone-west

Postby gpa-gone-west » Wed Sep 16, 2015 1:38 pm

The problem with the Japanese cruisers is the jump from tier 4 to 5. The Kuma is a light cruiser which will fire 10 rounds a minute (7 guns broadside) and can be a real menace. The Furutaki is the first of the heavier cruisers which only fires at 2.7 rounds a minute. Yes the guns are bigger, but when you get a light cruiser spamming the ass out of you between reloads, you dont stand a chance. You almost have to play it like a low tier battleship. Keep your distance.

I think I will leave the jap cruisers a while and have a go with the yank ones instead, see how they compare.

Me
He's so not aard

Postby Me » Wed Sep 16, 2015 6:19 pm

You'll love the Yank cruisers because you'll be spewing firely death with abandon, plus the guns before tier 6 are side mounted so turret turn speed isn't an issue. Just make sure you upgrade the Phoenix hull quickly as it gains about 6 guns going up the hull upgrades. Torps have a much shorter range though and they lose them altogether with the Cleveland.

Mantis
Admin

Postby Mantis » Fri Sep 18, 2015 7:24 pm

I've been wanting to get on this ever since beta but held off until release. Finally given it a go now and suffice to say I love it. Only rank 4 so far with the first two cruisers and first destroyer though so I've got a long way to go. Generally I do alright in cruiser vs cruiser fights but a battleship just wrecks me every time with superior firepower. The less said about my destroyer skills the better, think I've hit one torpedo so far and been blown up about 5 times really early in the match.

gpa-gone-west

Postby gpa-gone-west » Sun Sep 20, 2015 9:08 am

I am glad its not just me that has issues with destroyers. As far as fighting a battleship with a cruiser, if you can get two cruisers on one battleship, the battleship will have real trouble. Most battleships will fire maybe 2 rounds a minute, as best, turn slowly, aim slowly. Depending on the cruiser, you could turn much tighter and faster than him, and fire up to 10 rounds a minute. If you cant pen, spam his ass with HE and watch him burn. Plus, if its an early battleship that hasnt been upgraded yet, and you have upgraded your cruiser, you could out range them. The South Carolina only shoots 11Km and is as slow as an arse. I have had cruisers out shoot me in it.

Mantis
Admin

Postby Mantis » Sun Sep 20, 2015 11:28 am

I've had a lot more luck with destroyers since I swapped over to use the Japanese ones. US ships only have 5km range on their torpedos so more often than not I just get shot to pieces before I can ever get close enough to launch a spread. With the Japanese ones you can safely hang back a bit between different islands firing off shots and if you're taking on an enemy in open water you're generally far enough away and fast enough to dodge some of their shells.

Sneaking all the way around the perimeter of the map is working out well for me too. I sunk 3 battleships in one round with my Wakatake using that tactic last night and it was so satisfying; none of them even fired a shot off at me because I'd just sneak right behind them and fire off a full salvo at about 2km away.

I've only unlocked the South Carolina battleship so far but I'm enjoying just hanging right back firing off full broadsides at stuff.

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Mon Sep 21, 2015 11:23 am

I've got a code for a Tachibana ship, one ship slot, 10x engine boost, 10x smoke generator, no idea if these are any good or desirable, but let me know and I'll send it across by PM.

Also have a code for an invite code, one ship slot and three-day premium account. Sounds like it's for new users, again shout if interested.
My face is tired.

Mantis
Admin

Postby Mantis » Mon Sep 21, 2015 11:29 am

Are the separate entities all tied to one code? Because I wouldn't mind a ship slot or the first set if possible.

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Mon Sep 21, 2015 11:38 am

Mantis wrote:Are the separate entities all tied to one code? Because I wouldn't mind a ship slot or the first set if possible.

It's two codes, one for each line of my post. Do you want me to ping you the code for the first bunch?
My face is tired.

Mantis
Admin

Postby Mantis » Mon Sep 21, 2015 12:35 pm

Ah alright. Yeah please then.

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing, RTS & Racing