World of Warships

The strategy of playing ones role.
Me
He's so not aard

Re: World of Warships

Postby Me » Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:24 pm

Its the amagi, they must know its AA is dog shit. I've been sunk twice in 6 amagi games and I can't remember being sunk by a carrier in the NC or Bismarck. Might get some AA upgrades for it with the captain skills, I've kept my Nagato so I've got a medium level ex kongo captain sailing the amagi.

Have you tried the skill that tells you how many people are aiming at you? It's a god send on a criuser and I'm thinking of getting it on all my BBs too.

gpa-gone-west

Postby gpa-gone-west » Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:24 pm

Me wrote:Its the amagi, they must know its AA is dog shit. I've been sunk twice in 6 amagi games and I can't remember being sunk by a carrier in the NC or Bismarck. Might get some AA upgrades for it with the captain skills, I've kept my Nagato so I've got a medium level ex kongo captain sailing the amagi.

Have you tried the skill that tells you how many people are aiming at you? It's a god send on a criuser and I'm thinking of getting it on all my BBs too.

No, but I have been thinking about it though.
Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot withstand the storm"

The warrior whispers back "I am the storm"

Me
He's so not aard

Postby Me » Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:37 pm

Its a great advantage as it'll let you know when you can safely show your broadside or exactly when to pop the RN smoke.

Me
He's so not aard

Postby Me » Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:14 am

Ooh, had 8 battles today and got a unicum rating.

gpa-gone-west

Postby gpa-gone-west » Tue Jan 24, 2017 11:29 pm

Well every battle I had today, was either tier 9 or 10. That's been interesting. Those big bastard german things take some damage.

Me
He's so not aard

Postby Me » Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:29 pm

Yeah it is painful when you see a German BB, no way to instantly delete them like you can with everyone else.

gpa-gone-west

Postby gpa-gone-west » Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:53 pm

You can get some decent damage against the German BB's now and then, but citadels are extremely rare. Its a challenge. I just try not to make myself the obvious choice for a target. Which isn't easy as everyone playing know to have a go at the Amagi first. :D Still, its a very enjoyable ship despite its lack of armour compared to the others.

My experience against North Carolina's in both my Nagato and Amagi have given me second thoughts about wanting one. They are way too susceptible to citadels for my liking. At least they are when up against the IJN 410mm guns. Even bow on, your 410AP rounds still notch up decent regular damage against them.

Me
He's so not aard

Postby Me » Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:20 pm

Bow on my NC takes almost no damage from AP shells, think only the Yamato can penetrate the bow of any of the tier 8 and above BBs. Best you can do is hit the super structure or knock out the guns. You can quite happily sit facing several battleships and take full broadside after full broadside. I once had 3 BBs all shooting at me and they did very little. They are easy to citadel though the side though like the amagi is.

gpa-gone-west

Postby gpa-gone-west » Wed Jan 25, 2017 7:29 pm

Now that's better.

One of their Tirpitz' towards the end, saw I only had around a quarter of my health left (I had no healing left), so decided to do a torpedo run on me. All the time he lined up, he never fired at me once. Spent all the time making his run.....and still missed. By a mile. He ended up 3.5km from me, broadside on. Boom. I couldn't miss. What a waste. If he had used his main guns, he could have finished me off. He had more health than I had.

Me
He's so not aard

Postby Me » Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:10 pm

Fucking hell that's some big damage. Sounds like the Bismarck captain suddenly thought the a Jap DD player. :lol:

gpa-gone-west

Postby gpa-gone-west » Wed Jan 25, 2017 10:03 pm

Me wrote:Fucking hell that's some big damage. Sounds like the Bismarck captain suddenly thought the a Jap DD player. :lol:

I don't know what they were thinking, but I pissed myself when I realised he missed by such a huge margin. Wasn't even close.

I was tempted to say something in chat, but thought better of it. We have all been there at some point. Twitchy finger syndrome. :lol:

Me
He's so not aard

Postby Me » Fri Jan 27, 2017 10:13 am

Finally sunk a yamato :D

gpa-gone-west

Postby gpa-gone-west » Fri Jan 27, 2017 4:27 pm

Top job. Well done mate.

The Yamato still has a sense of theatre that no other BB can match. Getting one is my next goal. Unless the Royal Navy BB's drop before I get there. In which case all bets are off.

gpa-gone-west

Postby gpa-gone-west » Mon Jan 30, 2017 5:37 pm

Had a few goes in the Izumo on the PTS today. Its not as bad as I expected. I was reasonably impressed with it. I suspect you would only want to play it fully upgraded.

Me
He's so not aard

Postby Me » Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:17 am

I'm tempted to just free XP past it, I'll give it a bit of a go though and see if its any good.

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing, RTS & Racing