World of Warships

The strategy of playing ones role.
gpa-gone-west

Re: World of Warships

Postby gpa-gone-west » Wed May 24, 2017 1:12 pm

It was one of those games. The weather changed and visibility dropped. We were well down so I headed for the middle cap. I just happened to run into an Edinburgh, Tirpitz, and a Gnaisenau. Luckily, one at a time.
Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot withstand the storm"

The warrior whispers back "I am the storm"

Me
He's so not aard

Postby Me » Thu May 25, 2017 8:19 am

I've gotten back into the warspite in the last couple days, mainly been at tier 6 so my stats for them is awesome, got a rating of 1991 over the last 6 games. On 7 kills per death 0_0

gpa-gone-west

Postby gpa-gone-west » Mon Jun 05, 2017 10:55 am

Got my first super-container for this year. Only the third I have ever had, and what goodies do I get?

A single engine speed boost 2 consumable. :roll:

Bastards.

gpa-gone-west

Postby gpa-gone-west » Mon Jun 05, 2017 7:45 pm

Dusted off the Colorado for a quick blast, due to being craptastic in the Gneisenau, and promptly had a run of 7 straight wins. There's life in the old Colorado dog yet.

Me
He's so not aard

Postby Me » Tue Jun 06, 2017 7:22 am

The Col is a pretty good ship, think my best stats in the game are in it. Well, ever since it had its accuracy buffed, must have been painful a year or so ago.

Some of the British BBs have been announced. KGV lands at tier 7 and not 8 as expected while Nelson is in but untiered yet. Might be a tier 7 premium. At Tier 9 is the lion and tier 10 has 8 18inch guns, which are 5mm off being able to overmatch everyone elses bow armour.

gpa-gone-west

Postby gpa-gone-west » Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:06 am

KGV at 7, well that answers that question then. Already the forum has moved onto Nelson at 7/8 and Vanguard at 8/9 disagreements. :lol:

Clearly Nelson should be a T7 Premium, with Vanguard at T8 standard. But, Mutsu is at T6 with 16" guns, so you never know with regards to Nelson. But I think it will be too OP at T6 personally.

But dam, they look fine.

Me
He's so not aard

Postby Me » Thu Jun 08, 2017 9:39 am

The Nelson is supposed to have bad 16inch guns, depends on its bow armor for tier 6. If 14inch cant overmatch it it'll turn into the imperator.

gpa-gone-west

Postby gpa-gone-west » Thu Jun 08, 2017 10:30 am

There has been some talk today, that the KGV is actually T8 and not T7. Plus it will have a 4x2x4 15" upgrade from the 14" guns. If true, its a little disappointing but understandable at T8, when you look at what it is up against. As long as the original 14" guns are there to start with. Also the Nelson will be T7 regular.

Correction

It seems the 15" gun option for KGV has been removed after further testing.

Regarding Nelson's 16" guns. Historically from what I have read, they were disappointing from a 16" comparison point of view (used lighter shells with a higher velocity), but proved to be no worse (or better) than the RN 15" guns. Dispersion was a bit iffy. Numerous cases recorded where the guns had different rifling, and thus muzzle velocities. Due to the perceived belief that the 16" MK1's were naff, I can see some players not giving Nelson the respect it should get, and thus coming a bit of a cropper.

Of all the RN BB's, the two I have wanted to play above all, are the Nelson & KGV. I really cant wait. Looks like my grinding to the North Carolina & Bismarck may came to a temporary halt. I didn't quite complete the Bismarck missions, which I expected due to my current shift patterns. But I did at least complete the collection.

Oh, and nice to see 18" guns on the T10. cant wait.

Me
He's so not aard

Postby Me » Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:25 am

The KVG did have several different configs planned, one was to replace the x2 turret with a 4x as originally planned plus various barrel upgrades.

gpa-gone-west

Postby gpa-gone-west » Thu Jun 08, 2017 11:34 am

Don't know if you have had time to try the new coop missions yet. Tried it earlier, had a blast. I like the concept.

Me
He's so not aard

Postby Me » Thu Jun 08, 2017 6:14 pm

Yeah had a couple goes, one in the clev and one in the Molotov. Not lasted past the start of the final stage yet, did manage 7 kills in the clev, only 1 in the molotov though. Its pretty fun, think the next 3 are coming over the next few weeks.

I've looked on Reddit and it does seem confirmed that the Nelson is 7 and KVG is 8, like you saids theres confusion over the 14" vs 15" inchs on her, plus the armour ratings for the 9 and 10 were inaccurate. Seems the BBs get the cruiser heals which is crazy powerful.

gpa-gone-west

Postby gpa-gone-west » Fri Jun 09, 2017 8:04 am

Officially unofficial, the full RN BB tree:-

Bellerophon
Orion
Iron Duke
Queen Elizabeth
Nelson
King George V
Lion
Conqueror

If true, I am looking forward to playing the first three as I know little about them. Disappointed QE is regular T6. Would have liked to see the R's in the regular spot and leave Warspite to represent the QE's.

Clearly Dreadnought will be a T3 premium at some point. Cant see WG missing out on that opportunity.

Me
He's so not aard

Postby Me » Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:56 am

The early BBs do have a shit gun layout, two inline turrets that aren't super firing. Hopefully the better RN accuracy will make up for it, don't want to slug though another Kawachi style ship.

The super testers are saying the top tier BBs can heal tens of thousands of HP in a couple seconds with the cruiser heal.

gpa-gone-west

Postby gpa-gone-west » Wed Jun 14, 2017 7:10 pm

New season of ranked will come in the next update (0.6.7). Confirmed as tier 6.

Me
He's so not aard

Postby Me » Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:33 am

Clevelands for days I believe will be the meta ¬_¬

Think I'll drag out the Clev, Warspite and Arizona.

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing, RTS & Racing