Postby gpa-gone-west » Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:24 am

Aahhhh yes, your right.
Fate whispers to the warrior "You cannot withstand the storm"

The warrior whispers back "I am the storm"

Me
He's so not aard

Re: World of Warships

Postby Me » Thu Aug 10, 2017 9:09 am

The current set of missons over the next 3 weeks will hand out the first 3 British BBs. Got the first misson done in one Yammato game ¬_¬

gpa-gone-west

Postby gpa-gone-west » Thu Aug 10, 2017 3:37 pm

I will give it a go.

Plus, there is a new IJN Premium coming:-

Me
He's so not aard

Postby Me » Thu Aug 10, 2017 5:01 pm

That's wierd, isn't it just an Amagi? I thought all the premium ships had to be real.

gpa-gone-west

Postby gpa-gone-west » Thu Aug 10, 2017 6:55 pm

They were both part of the planned 'eight-eight IJN fleet' (8 x BB & 8 x BC) from the early 1920's, which was scrapped due to the Washington treaty. Where Amagi was the BC, this was the BB. Very similar in length, same gun layout & calibre, slightly slower. Kii has more armour (Belt 11.5" v 9.8", Deck 4.7" v 3.7"), and in game, a lot more AA, slightly worse sigma and turret rotation speed, with secondary guns in turrets.

After all we have the Tirpitz & Bismarck, Alabama & North Carolina. So I guess its different enough for WG to justify it. Still, like the Amagi, she is dam fine looking in profile.

Me
He's so not aard

Postby Me » Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:21 pm

From the Conq reviews its supposed to be over powered due to it gigantic heal, the Nelson also gets the massive heal and Flamu reckons that's over powered too, even though it also eats loads of damage. On that note, the Nelson needs 370k of free xp, I've only got 250K.

Just had a Neptune game and did 18 citadels, 3 cruisers all sailed close range to me one after the other from around an island. Poor poor ships.

gpa-gone-west

Postby gpa-gone-west » Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:10 pm

Me wrote:From the Conq reviews its supposed to be over powered due to it gigantic heal, the Nelson also gets the massive heal and Flamu reckons that's over powered too, even though it also eats loads of damage. On that note, the Nelson needs 370k of free xp, I've only got 250K.

Just had a Neptune game and did 18 citadels, 3 cruisers all sailed close range to me one after the other from around an island. Poor poor ships.

Well I only have 32K free xp. :lol:

Talking of cruisers, I have just reacquainted myself with my myoko. Actually have fun in it.

Me
He's so not aard

Postby Me » Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:18 am

Its a good boat the Myoko, the hard hitting heavy cruisers are fun to play. You'll feel a bit weird when you get the mogami though.

Looking at the KGV reviews, WG have actually made HE spamming battleships. No HE for cruisers, super HE for BBs.

gpa-gone-west

Postby gpa-gone-west » Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:46 am

Yeh, I noticed how good the HE shells looked on the RN BB's. It will be interesting to see how they play in reality.

Me
He's so not aard

Postby Me » Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:06 am

In the KGVs case it's AP is so situational you have to rely on the HE to damage BBs. Flamu was chucking out 9k volleys from it plus a new fire on every shot.

gpa-gone-west

Postby gpa-gone-west » Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:03 pm

Me wrote:In the KGVs case it's AP is so situational you have to rely on the HE to damage BBs. Flamu was chucking out 9k volleys from it plus a new fire on every shot.

I watched a couple of his videos this morning, KGV & Conqueror. If you get your shell selection right I think KGV will turn out to be a bit of a cult classic. One where average players will hate, but those who can sus it out, will have a ton of fun in it.

Me
He's so not aard

Postby Me » Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:17 am

Have you got both of the RN BB flags yet GPA? I'm actaully not sure how I feel about skipping the first too ships, but on the otherside for the first few weeks everything at tier 3 and 4 will be RN BBs anyways.

Looks like the Lion is pretty much as good as the conq execpt for being a turrent behind.

gpa-gone-west

Postby gpa-gone-west » Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:22 pm

Me wrote:Have you got both of the RN BB flags yet GPA? I'm actaully not sure how I feel about skipping the first too ships, but on the otherside for the first few weeks everything at tier 3 and 4 will be RN BBs anyways.

Looks like the Lion is pretty much as good as the conq execpt for being a turrent behind.

No. Once again my shift patterns have restricted how much time I have available. In reality, that doesn't bother me, as I intended to play them all. Usually you skip through the first couple pretty quickly in normal gaming, but I would like to take my time and enjoy them more, this time.

On another note, I have been dabbling with destroyers in the last few days. I decided it was time I gave them a go. Two reasons why:-

1) I wanted something different prior to the the RN BB's coming out.
2) I thought it was time (as a BB player) that I understood DD gaming more. Only way to do that is by playing them.

Only at T3 in the IJN & USN lines, but I am having bags of fun. Still only in coop at the mo as I know I am way off playing them any where near good enough for randoms yet. The Wicks is clearly better than the Wakatake, but the IJN one I think suits how I want to play more.

Me
He's so not aard

Postby Me » Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:52 am

The missions aren't too hard plus you can dio them in co-op. You might as well try and get at l;east one flag as it'll get you the Belly for free, you get the flag on the 3rd mission.

The jap destroyers are great at killing BBs but obviously will also lose a gun fight. The Clemson is a bit of a monster after you upgrade the gun, the stats only say its gun power goes up by one but in reality it switches the single turrets for duals, so its becomes really powerful. Plus the US DDs get the best smoke in the game. Watch out for the Russian DDs as they'll beat you at long range and you'll beat them at close range.

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing, RTS & Racing