Dark Souls 3 [PC, PS4, XBone] - Early 2016

The strategy of playing ones role.
Medicine Man

Dark Souls 3 [PC, PS4, XBone] - Early 2016

Postby Medicine Man » Wed Jun 10, 2015 9:42 am

So all the rumours kicking about recently appear to be true then..

http://m.uk.ign.com/articles/2015/06/09 ... 16-release

eVoL

Re: Dark Souls 3 [PC, PS4, XBone] - Early 2016

Postby eVoL » Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:21 pm

So with yer man being on Bloodborne he cant have had much in the way of input here. So Dark Souls 2-2.
Wouldst thou like to live deliciously?

Me
He's so not aard

Postby Me » Wed Jun 10, 2015 12:40 pm

I don't think he had much Input on Dark Souls 2 either.

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Wed Jun 10, 2015 1:16 pm

The guy is head of the studio now so his input on Bloodborne wont have been the same as it was on Dark Souls either. Anyway Dark Souls 2 was good, not Dark Souls good, but still a very good game. I'm slightly wary about the time turn around, but I remain optimistic.
Check out my new gaming blog Player State. Updated every Wednesday.

Mantis
Admin

Postby Mantis » Wed Jun 10, 2015 2:52 pm

I hope Miyazaki is directing this one. Dark Souls 2 was a solid game but it was missing a lot of elements that really made the first one great.

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:09 am

Announcement trailer. Plus you get your wish Mantis, Miyazaki has been confirmed as back in the directors seat.

Mantis
Admin

Postby Mantis » Tue Jun 16, 2015 4:16 pm

This may go down in history as my personal favourite E3 ever. By a country mile.

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:15 am

Some thoughts from Polygon after seeing a gameplay demo of the game.

http://www.polygon.com/2015/6/17/879800 ... -3-e3-2015

I'm slightly concerned that the new Weapon Styles could turn combat into something a bit more fast paced and action orientated. However the rest of it sounds cool.

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Fri Jun 19, 2015 7:33 am

A few more details in bullet point form.

— The story is focused on the Lords of Cinder. The presentation had “Lord of Cinder,” singular, written out, but Miyazaki said that the giant in the Dark Souls 3 trailer was one of these Lords of Cinder. The dark hero (hello, player) is trying to kill them.
— Estus flasks, bonfires, jump attacks, greatswords, and dual-wielding weapons are back.
— New weapon arts will add extra abilities to different weapons, beyond their typical attack animations. The longsword has a “ready” position where the shield is put away and two special attacks can be triggered that break blocking stances. Greatswords have a powerful lunging upward strike that can launch enemies into the air. Dual wielded scimitars have a whirlwind attack that can hit multiple enemies.
— Knights return to the series, and are strong and aggressive.
— You can now fire the shortbow quickly while locked onto enemies in third-person.
— Player movement has been improved and made “more intuitive.” Movement is definitely faster in Dark Souls 3, sitting somewhere between Dark Souls and Bloodborne.
— Magic was not in the demo, but Miyazaki confirmed it would be in the game. He played coy about how the magic system would or wouldn’t be changed, but in answer to one question during the Q&A, he hinted that ash would be important—perhaps a branch of magic.
— Miyazaki cited Berserk, the dark fantasy manga starring greatsword-wielding hero Guts, as a direct inspiration for the greatsword attacks in Dark Souls 3.
— The agility stat from Dark Souls 2 is not returning.
— From Software is planning to support up to six players online, like in Dark Souls 2: Scholars of the First Sin. That number is the goal, but it sounded like they were hedging a bit in case it didn’t work out.
— Dark Souls 3 shares the same “worldview” as the first two games. The demo featured two dead dragons and one live one. Someone asked if the presence of so many dragons implied that this was a prequel to Dark Souls, and Miyazaki wouldn’t directly confirm it, but his answer seemed to suggest a yes.
— Miyazaki’s goals with deepening the game include improving the sword action and expanding the roleplaying experience through a wider variety of viable character builds.
— In the demo, one undead suddenly explodes into a giant writhing, amorphous black blob, like a less fleshy version of something out of Resident Evil. When asked if this was something players would see throughout the game, Miyazaki said yes. When asked if the enemy had ties to the Abyss, he smiled and said that giving away details would be a spoiler.
— When the demo player picked up Elite Scimitars, I believe it said “Elite Scimitars,” plural. This made me wonder if there are weapons in the game that come in twos. He used the scimitars individually, as well, but I believe there was always a secondary sheathed scimitar on the character model, even when one was being wielded with a shield.
— Dark Souls 3 runs on DirectX 11.
— There were no fog doors in the demo area we saw.

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Thu Jul 23, 2015 12:55 pm

Medicine Man

Postby Medicine Man » Wed Aug 05, 2015 9:56 am

Gamescom 2015 Gameplay Trailer...

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:36 am

16 minutes of gameplay footage.

Medicine Man

Postby Medicine Man » Tue Nov 10, 2015 3:47 pm

Collector's editions...

GameSpot reports that the Collector’s Edition, which costs D499 (£90) includes a 25cm Red Knight statue, hardcover art book, CD soundtrack, cloth map, three iron-on patches, metal case and collector’s box.

Stepping up, the Prestige Edition includes all of the above but replaces the figure with a 40cm status of arch villain Lord of Cinder. That costs a massive D1,799 (£325).

PaladinAl

Postby PaladinAl » Wed Nov 11, 2015 12:20 am

I guess some losers will pay £325 so they can have the opportunity to explain what their poorly painted ornament is to people.

So the "Lord of Cinder" is the main villain? Okay. Gwyn was Lord of Cinder in the first game, you had your one Nadalia was the Bride of Ash who consumed the Iron King in DS2 in flame/jealousy; shall we just admit none of them know what they're actually going for?

Who cares, going for the PvP again. Might even go balls-deep and make my first character another fist-only Charlie Bronson cosplay run.
"O men, how long shall my honour be turned into shame?"
@alunparker1987

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Fri Dec 04, 2015 4:41 pm

Release date pegged for the 12th of April. Also new footage. It's looking rather good.

Next

Return to Role Playing, RTS & Racing