Lords of Xulima

The strategy of playing ones role.
DjchunKfunK

Lords of Xulima

Postby DjchunKfunK » Fri Dec 19, 2014 9:52 am

In a year that has seen many big RPGs and a return of the more old fashioned CRPG Lords of Xulima sounds like an interesting game in that vein with some neat mechanics. It is by no means unique and doesn't do anything that hasn't been seen before in this genre, but the RPS WIT has piqued my interest.

If you fancy checking it out it is only £11.24 from the Humble Store.

https://www.humblebundle.com/store/p/lo ... storefront
Check out my new gaming blog Player State. Updated every Wednesday.

Wrathbone

Re: Lords of Xulima

Postby Wrathbone » Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:22 pm

That does look quite nice, but I'm not sure I can handle another 100 hour RPG just yet. :(
"This boy is depriving a village of an idiot."

Photos!

Wrathbone

Postby Wrathbone » Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:30 am

Caved and bought it. Not sure when I'll play it, but I'll report back when I do.

Photos!

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Sat Dec 27, 2014 8:05 am

This is 50% off today in the Steam sale, flash sale. Considering picking it up for £7.50...
My face is tired.

Wrathbone

Postby Wrathbone » Sun Dec 28, 2014 9:58 am

I played a few hours the other day - it's not bad. It is 100% a generic fantasy RPG with nothing new to offer at all, but it's fairly fun. Exploration is top-down but combat is turn-based first-person, in the vein of Might and Magic. It's not easy either - I've got it on the lowest difficulty setting, and after an hour or so of easy fights I'm now completely stuck against enemies that I'm vastly outmatched by. I'm not sure there are many places I can go to gather experience, so I'm a bit puzzled.

I'd say it's worth picking up if you like generic RPGs. It's not going to blow anyone away, but it's decent enough.

Photos!

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Fri Jan 09, 2015 4:11 pm

Put a couple of hours into this today, echo Wrathbone's sentiments really. It's pretty fun, and worth the £7.50 I picked it up for in the Steam sale, I'd say.

Which map are you stuck on Wrathbone? I had similar problems on the first map, but found a way to progress:

Spoiler: show
In the north half of that first map is a forest, and in the western end of that forest is a meadow filled with mega unbeatable mushroom enemies. However, it seems to be designed not for fighting, but for sneaking around the mobs - it's a horrible segment actually and took me about half a dozen tries to safely negotiate without entering fights I couldn't win. But, you emerge into the NW corner of the map, at the top of which is an exit to a new map with enemies beatable at your current level (I was lvl 4 when I went there).
My face is tired.

Wrathbone

Postby Wrathbone » Fri Jan 09, 2015 5:42 pm

That's more or less where I got stuck - I tried sneaking around but kept triggering fights so I rage quit. :lol: I'll get back into it at some point, it was fun enough to warrant more attention.

Photos!

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Fri Jan 09, 2015 8:16 pm

Just nearly had another rage-quit moment in the second map. Word of advice if you're in the forest there, avoid the flowers.
My face is tired.

Return to Role Playing, RTS & Racing