Archeage

The strategy of playing ones role.
eVoL

Archeage

Postby eVoL » Mon Oct 13, 2014 12:50 pm

Anyone playing it?

I like what I hear about the high level game. Almost sounds like a bit of Eve/WoW..... Also not sure I want to fight through to that end game through the leveling up which seems pretty uninteresting MMO drudgery. It was Eve folk that brought it to my attention in the first place as "the MMO Eve players play when not playing Eve".

http://www.trionworlds.com/archeage/en/

Its F2P, pay content is mostly cosmetic with the exception of the labour system which is a 3rd character resource that regens over time for the non-combat stuff. Mining, building houses, farming etc.. all use labour and if you do their subscription model your labour regens at an increased rate.
Wouldst thou like to live deliciously?

Subway Diet

Re: Archeage

Postby Subway Diet » Mon Oct 13, 2014 1:02 pm

Sounded interesting from all the hype that was building up.
My enthusiasm deflated after hearing stories about people spending more times in server waiting lines than playing the game. Figured I'd go back and check it out once things had settled.
End of an Era

Dyu

Re: Archeage

Postby Dyu » Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:38 pm

I'm playing this at the moment on the Kyprosa server (western nuia side). It's a great game, there's so much to do and different ways to earn money. The class combinations are awesome, literally you won't get bored with experimenting. I just took part in an alliance trade run today at sea to a PvP island filled with pirates and opposing faction. We had a total of 6 galleons, 4 trade ships and numerous clippers, all in all about 100 players. If you are a PvP player you won't get bored at all! There so much to done that it's a bit overwhelming sometimes.

If you fancy trying it out, come and play on my server (Kyprosa). The queues has stabilised and most of the time you won't wait more than a minute. If you fancy joining a friendly guild (Dark Reavers), come and whisper "Dyu" in game.
My sig was too big, so I'll go sleep in a wig. Do dee doo.

Return to Role Playing, RTS & Racing