Darkest Dungeon

The strategy of playing ones role.
Me
He's so not aard

Re: Darkest Dungeon

Postby Me » Tue Feb 03, 2015 10:22 am

The website 9am ish for unlock, but I don't know what timezone thats in.

*edit*
PST time, so about 7 hours away from now.

Tichinde

Postby Tichinde » Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:41 am

Got most of my heroes up to level 1 now :)
A few of them have better armour, and I've just unlocked better weapons.

However, 4 of them have rabies :lol:
And that's the tip of the iceberg for their issues ¬¬

Now all I need to do it better use my gold when setting out for adventure.
Keep spending too much on provisions (which you don't bring back with you apparently....) at the moment.
eVoL wrote:Tichinde - Like the technical version of (a slightly geekier) the fonz.

Heeeeeeeey
:D

"Religion, shit it" - Stephen Fry

Marty Fuffkin

Postby Marty Fuffkin » Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:10 am

I managed to play this for a few hours last night. It's not easy :lol:

It reminds me of Rogue Legacy where your first 30 recruits are used as cannon fodder in order to upgrade your town which makes it easier for those who follow.

Healing is an absolute must. I played the first adventure three times before I succeeded and that was solely because I had two healers in the party.

I'm not too sure about the Stress mechanic. It seems everyone gets stressed far too quickly and begin collecting debilitating characteristics because of it. Even though my party completed the quest, all four will have to sit out at least the next few weeks de-stressing and getting rid of crazy debuffs.

We shall see.

Snowy
Metal as Fuck

Postby Snowy » Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:33 am

Watching this one with interest.
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.

Me
He's so not aard

Postby Me » Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:35 am

Once they're a level higher than the dungeon they take alot less stress walking around. I've not had a need to go beyond one healer myself, all the healers I've seen are pretty shit anyways, maybe adding 3 HPs per turn, not worth it alot of the time. It's a fucking great game though.

Me
He's so not aard

Postby Me » Wed Feb 04, 2015 1:39 pm

Gah, that fucking apprentice Necro fucked me up, managed to get to him almost alright, but just before my best warrior tipped over the edge of sanity and ruined me. Couldn't kill off the summoms quick enough and the state of mind of my crusader ruined everyone elses stress levels. You really need some AOE people for that fight, think a Hellion with breakthrough will be important for it since the Necro himself has over 100 XP. One fight and I lost 3 of my best people and ended up with no more for provisions for the next quest.

Me
He's so not aard

Postby Me » Mon Feb 09, 2015 10:54 pm

How everyone getting on with this, I've got the 3 easy bosses dead and one of the medium ones gone. The classes do seem well balanced, the stress sytem forces you to change up your line up so much that they all get a good showing and there's only two I don't really use.

Marty Fuffkin

Postby Marty Fuffkin » Tue Feb 10, 2015 11:34 am

Not too bad. I have a party of 4 reach level 3 so I'm about to begin my first Medium difficulty quest.

I agree, having to constantly switch around the party means you can stumble upon some great combos. My barbarian who can stun the first two slots and my Witch Doctor who can stun the last two, being an example.

It still seems foreign to be so cutthroat about weeding out the poor characters from your roster rather than spending the money to fix them though.

Me
He's so not aard

Postby Me » Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:12 pm

You don't have to weed out so much when you've a larger roaster as you can leave them out of battle for a few goes without it hurting you. I'm trying to figure out my best combo for the 2nd Hag, nearly lost on the first Hag as I didn't release I wouldn't be able to hit past the pot, only had the Hellion attacking it via the bleed attack, she died leaving me with no way to hit the hag, fortunately her last bit of bleed just finished her off.

Marty Fuffkin

Postby Marty Fuffkin » Thu Feb 12, 2015 11:01 am

Aye, first Hag was a pain the the arse. Luckily I happened to have my best Vestal healer on the team so I could pretty much ignore the poor sod in the pot, heal them when they were released and stack up my bleed attacks on the Hag.

Me
He's so not aard

Postby Me » Thu Feb 12, 2015 1:21 pm

There's always the risk she'll pot the healer, then kill them them before they can heal, bit annoying. I was mainly annoyed in the first battle as I only had the one character who could hit her. They've weakened the Hellion in the lasted update, she now gets a stacking debuff on herself when using breakthrough. To be fair that attack was monstrously over powered, hits the front three units in one hit plus you can use it from any of the front 3 places. One time I had 3 Hellions just blasting out that attack 3 times a round, makes mincemeat out of anything. Combine that with bleed from any of the front three rows and you can use your as a front line hitter from the third row. Not so much now though.

Medicine Man

Postby Medicine Man » Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:36 pm

Marty Fuffkin

Postby Marty Fuffkin » Wed Feb 03, 2016 10:41 am

Recently returned to this after a few months off. I see they reduced how effective Stuns are. It makes a difficult game even harder now.

Still, I love the general dark atmosphere of the game. One more game and I might be able to fix everything...

Previous

Return to Role Playing, RTS & Racing