Runemaster

The strategy of playing ones role.
DjchunKfunK

Runemaster

Postby DjchunKfunK » Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:33 pm

A few more details are coming out regarding this game, so I thought I would start a new topic.

It's from the studio that makes the Europa and Crusader games so it's a bit of a departure for them. Basically it's an RPG that follows the classic Heroes of Might and Magic and Kings Bounty template, but with an emphasis in emergent gameplay. Apart from the overriding goal to either bring about Ragnarok, or stop it, there is very little structure to the game with the player left to do what he wants. Also the way you act in the game will influence your reputation so if you do lots of bad things people will see you as bad.

It all sounds rather interesting and in a genre that I really like. You can find more details in this Eurogamer preview. It seems like it is still some way off, but definitely one I will be keeping an eye on.

Check out my new gaming blog Player State. Updated every Wednesday.

Sly Boots
MILF

Re: Runemaster

Postby Sly Boots » Thu Feb 20, 2014 2:35 pm

You had me at King's Bounty. Ploughed so many hours into that franchise. Could be an interesting one.

So many intriguing games coming out this year/early next.
My face is tired.

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Thu Feb 20, 2014 3:19 pm

Yeah and most of them from small and medium developers.

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Thu May 01, 2014 3:38 pm

A few more titbits about the game have come out. Apparently it will have no sidequests because they want every little thing you do in the game to tie together and impact the story. On top of that they want a grand-strategy-level emergent storytelling to guide you through the game. So yeah super ambitious.

There is also a little footage of the game. Skip to 4.40 to see footage of Runemaster.

DjchunKfunK

Postby DjchunKfunK » Fri Dec 05, 2014 7:19 pm

Rather unfortunately Paradox has put the games development on hold. They said they hope to use some of the work done on the game in future products.

Seems like they just couldn't get the game to a state that they liked. Shame as it sounded like a great game in concept.

Return to Role Playing, RTS & Racing