Kingdom Come: Deliverance - out Feb 13th

The strategy of playing ones role.
Raid
Duke of Preys-World

Re: Kingdom Come: Deliverance - out Feb 13th

Postby Raid » Mon May 14, 2018 5:47 pm

I did what I usually do with big games these days; play the first few hours, lose my enthusiasm over one small part (in this case it was trying to acquire the armour to be allowed out of the first castle you find yourself in), and then never load the game up again.

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Mon May 14, 2018 6:29 pm

Raid wrote:I did what I usually do with big games these days; play the first few hours, lose my enthusiasm over one small part (in this case it was trying to acquire the armour to be allowed out of the first castle you find yourself in), and then never load the game up again.

You don't even need to get the armour. You can do what I did (I didn't even realise there WAS armour to get) and just jump off the bridge between the villagers' huts and the castle. After I did that I read how other people got out and felt like a right idiot :lol:

@Evol it depends how bothered you are by little niggles versus some excellent immersive gameplay. If you're likely to be put off by having the odd staircase that's unaccountably hard to get up and weird things like that then maybe swerve it, but if you can look past a lack of polish then it's excellent. FWIW I loved it.
My face is tired.

eVoL

Postby eVoL » Tue May 15, 2018 12:53 pm

I'm going against my better judgement and resisting it for now. Lets finish the games I'm playing first and get this in the next sale ;)
Wouldst thou like to live deliciously?

Jez

Postby Jez » Tue May 15, 2018 3:47 pm

Well worth it.great game.

Lee

Postby Lee » Wed May 16, 2018 12:01 am

Excellent game you meant there Jez [-X
Formerly MrAnnoyed

Jez

Postby Jez » Wed May 16, 2018 9:34 am

Yes. Of course that!

It's one I didn't have time to finish before I left the UK. Probably won't finish it ever now. But maybe I'll flash it up again some time during a dry spell.

Glad it sold well for the dev team though they have a lot of talent and done a lot of things right with this. Looks good for anything they maybe do in future.

Rusty

Postby Rusty » Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:33 am

So, having just got this and having a ball in the prologue area picking herbs and knocking out every villager that stupidly wanders off alone :) I made a few bit of money which after the prologue finished I got all my gear back but zero money. Is that right?
It was only 5 or 6 hundred grochen but it was enough to give me a headstart.

Any recommended mods?

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:04 pm

I only played vanilla, so not sure on the mods front I'm afraid.
My face is tired.

Jez

Postby Jez » Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:15 pm

People whined about the saviour schnapps thing being the only way to save outside of sleeping. I found it fine myself to leave it as designed personally. If it does annoy you there is a mod that sorts it out and lets you save anywhere.

Rusty

Postby Rusty » Mon Jun 18, 2018 12:43 pm

So no thoughts on the disappearing money? I've sort of resigned myself to the fact that the miller 'stole' it to pay for my keep whislt I was unconcious but it's still annoying to have lost it if it is a bug.

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Mon Jun 18, 2018 1:09 pm

I can't remember it really, it was that long ago! I didn't amass that much of a fortune though, so perhaps it didn't really register with me.

Now I think about it, I did install the thing Jez mentions, about being able to save anywhere, which I think made my life easier on numerable occasions. But that was the only one.
My face is tired.

Snowy
Metal as Fuck

Postby Snowy » Tue Jun 19, 2018 6:53 am

I definitely installed that mod, as well as one to allow me to carry more.

As far as the money goes, I really don't remember. If it bothers you though, you could always load an old save, put the cash into your chest at the preceding castle before you trigger the next phase of the game, that way it will (or should anyway) be available to you from any of 'your' chests at any point in the future.
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.

Rusty

Postby Rusty » Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:26 am

As it happens I followed the story a bit more and sold some of my ill gotten gains and made similar money anyway :)

Snowy
Metal as Fuck

Postby Snowy » Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:03 am

Yeah money is quite easy to come by, especially when you start getting into scraps with well armed and armoured opponents - what you don't use yourself can be sold for a pretty penny.

A good suggestion is to repair loot before you sell it, as you can often significantly increase the value of your sell loot well past what you spend on repairs.
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.

Rusty

Postby Rusty » Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:37 am

I was lookng at the interactive map for KCD when I thought I'd also look at the real world example and it was surprisingly similar.

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing, RTS & Racing