Kingdom Come: Deliverance - out Feb 13th

The strategy of playing ones role.
Wrathbone

Re: Kingdom Come: Deliverance - out Feb 13th

Postby Wrathbone » Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:57 am

If you get a chance to have a drink with a priest, all I’ll say is do NOT pass him up. :lol:
"This boy is depriving a village of an idiot."

Photos!

Me
He's so not aard

Postby Me » Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:36 pm

This is one of the few games where the actual skill difference between bandits is more important than the armour and weapons. Had to fight two bandits, one armoured, with an axe and another unarmoured, with the sword. The axe guy is piss easy to kill, the unarmourd sword guy is a monster, he keeps blocking all my ripostes!

Wrathbone

Postby Wrathbone » Thu Feb 15, 2018 12:48 pm

Me wrote:This is one of the few games where the actual skill difference between bandits is more important than the armour and weapons. Had to fight two bandits, one armoured, with an axe and another unarmoured, with the sword. The axe guy is piss easy to kill, the unarmourd sword guy is a monster, he keeps blocking all my ripostes!

I think I encountered the same two guys. I waited until they went to sleep then choked out the sword bandit. The other one woke up but one on one was manageable.
"This boy is depriving a village of an idiot."

Photos!

Me
He's so not aard

Postby Me » Thu Feb 15, 2018 1:36 pm

On one of the reloads, the sword guy was resting on the blanket, he jumped up so fast he left his sword behind, hands dont block hunters swords very well ¬_¬ The other guy just legged it. Thats another point in this games favour, people wont stupidly fight to the death when they cant win, they run away. Always annoyed me that in games, a local thug will happliy fight to the bitter end with his stick against a knight in full plate. Never made sense.

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:01 pm

Hard to overstate just how much I'm enjoying this right now. I just spent the best part of this morning hunting in the woods with Hans, which I won't spoil but ended up in a place I wasn't expecting. Had a lovely time. You seem to get a shitload of meat from a rabbit as well, made a killing from the butcher when I got back to town (and in doing so missed the start of the next quest as it seems the world doesn't wait for you to fanny about before it moves on without you -_-).

When I logged out I was pounding down the road on horseback, in pursuit of the army I'd volunteered to be a part of then missed their departure because I was haggling over the price of some slowly-rotting rabbit joints :lol:

I don't know whether anyone else is pursuing a life of crime with the same relish I am (most of my evenings are spent crouched, half-naked, in the corner of some peasant's room rummaging through their valuables - and in the game!) but I've stumbled across something of a work-around to make more money from illicit shenanigans.

Basically, by now I'm sure you know the millers are your fences for stolen goods - with standard traders either refusing to take them or offering you a pittance in exchange. Sadly the millers don't have a lot of coin and it doesn't seem to regenerate. However! Once a miller has bought a stolen item, the next time you speak to them you can buy it back and because you've paid for it legitimately the game no longer considers them stolen. So basically I now unload my half-inched goods to the uncle, and effectively trade them for the proceeds from my last spree. I then take these back into town and sell them to normal traders for their full worth. Medieval money-laundering! :o

It's probably not the most efficient way to do it, and I'm equally sure there's a fairly poor exchange rate involved, but after a couple of such trades I went from near-penniless to sitting on about 1.5k groschens. And my chest in the mill is crammed with other things to sell him the next time I see him.
My face is tired.

Jez

Postby Jez » Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:07 pm

Pickpocketing is easy by the way if you wait for them to sleep or get pissed. I levelled up quickly just focussing on those sorts. I do get the impression that the mechanic is a little "broken" it does seem random when they do decide to detect you. The mechanic itself shows the reticle changing colours I would have imagined that those colours are meant to give you a cue as to how close you are to detection. At the moment this doesn't seem to be the case as the detection moment doesn't seem correlate with any colour in particular

Majorly enjoying thus though. I've avoided combat aside from besting a few bandits and other nay do wells. but I aim to change that when I can afford some gear I can use.

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:01 pm

Yeah, so I took this quest from an old prostitute to recover some money an old man owed her after a tryst he didn't pay up for. Problem was he was parked in an inn all day drinking and were so many witnesses around I couldn't pickpocket. So I had the bright idea of renting a room and sleeping until night-time. I thought the place would empty out and I could pick his pocket then, but in fact when I woke up at midnight I saw he was pottering down a country road away from the inn.

Even better! I thought.

So I chased after him thinking I'd knock him out and then pick his pocket while he was sleeping, only I forgot the hotkey for the choke hold... and long story short I accidentally murdered him from behind in cold blood, left his corpse in the middle of the road after robbing it.

Uh... hero?
My face is tired.

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:04 pm

Oh, and I found those two bandits a couple of you mentioned earlier. I tried multiple reloads and did it in the end, but in one of my attempts I did actually beat the swordsman (having stealth-killed his mate, intentionally this time)... problem was I was still in the middle of the mercy kill animation when I bled to death and game over. :shock:

:lol:

Oh well, I got to feel good about myself for beating him, anyway.
My face is tired.

Me
He's so not aard

Postby Me » Thu Feb 15, 2018 6:08 pm

Sly Boots wrote: You seem to get a shitload of meat from a rabbit as well, made a killing from the butcher when I got back to town (and in doing so missed the start of the next quest as it seems the world doesn't wait for you to fanny about before it moves on without you -_-).

When I logged out I was pounding down the road on horseback, in pursuit of the army I'd volunteered to be a part of then missed their departure because I was haggling over the price of some slowly-rotting rabbit joints :lol:

I did that too!

I do like how you can instantly move shit to a horse.

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:05 pm

Wrathbone wrote:If you get a chance to have a drink with a priest, all I’ll say is do NOT pass him up. :lol:

Think I just got to that bit :lol: :lol:
My face is tired.

Snowy
Metal as Fuck

Postby Snowy » Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:51 pm

Jez wrote:I aim to change that when I can afford some gear I can use.

I went from homespun rags to a full set of mail, vambraces, greaves, breastplate etc when I knocked out the castle guard to make my escape. I expected to lose it or have it taken back when I went back, but nobody seems to care, including the man shivering his tits off on the battlements clad only in his pants.

Bought a longsword I can actually use now too, and just spanked Sir Silverspoon Cuntchops at archery and again at swordplay and now own his hunting bow. Plus a career as a thief beckons, I have made a pretty penny from housebreaking (as I always do in every RPG ever).
RCHD wrote:Snowy is my favourite. He's a metal God.

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Thu Feb 15, 2018 8:54 pm

Incidentally I tracked down one of the treasure caches you get the maps for once you arrive in Rattay, and the stuff inside was verrry nice indeed, several magnitudes better than what I already had, so worth doing I would say.
My face is tired.

Me
He's so not aard

Postby Me » Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:59 pm

Someone on reddit nicked loads of skill books, took them out into the woods to level before realising Henry can't read :lol:

Jez

Postby Jez » Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:10 pm

Sly Boots wrote:Incidentally I tracked down one of the treasure caches you get the maps for once you arrive in Rattay, and the stuff inside was verrry nice indeed, several magnitudes better than what I already had, so worth doing I would say.

Yeah I've been meaning to go have a look at those. Keep getting side tracked. As it is right now I have just some nice clothes and a bow I don't have the ability for yet. But I'm getting some thievery done and mounting up some money.

Where can I get a horse that isn't bloody stolen though. The one I got in the prologue was taken from me but the city guard when I got caught early on stealing.

Sly Boots
MILF

Postby Sly Boots » Thu Feb 15, 2018 10:21 pm

Jez wrote:
Sly Boots wrote:Incidentally I tracked down one of the treasure caches you get the maps for once you arrive in Rattay, and the stuff inside was verrry nice indeed, several magnitudes better than what I already had, so worth doing I would say.

Yeah I've been meaning to go have a look at those. Keep getting side tracked. As it is right now I have just some nice clothes and a bow I don't have the ability for yet. But I'm getting some thievery done and mounting up some money.

Where can I get a horse that isn't bloody stolen though. The one I got in the prologue was taken from me but the city guard when I got caught early on stealing.

Just follow the main story Jez, it doesn't take too long to get to a stage where you're given a horse that's then yours to keep.
My face is tired.

PreviousNext

Return to Role Playing, RTS & Racing